amazincc wrote:Jenn wrote:Buy a sprayer if you don't have one, and bleach the yard, or something that you can attach to a water hose. That's what I did, plus just dumped it in my kennel. Sorry to hear this, hope he's ok.
I already did all the bedding, bowls, anything he vomited or peed on, etc. but, the grass, too???
I thought the vet was kidding.
First off, paws and fingers crossed here. You are all in my thoughts and prayers...and I've got the kittens there, too!
Second, you use about a 1/4 cup of bleach (doesn't matter if it's scented) to a gallon of water...spray the yard thoroughly (bleach won't kill vegetation). In addition, you must clean EVERY area he came in contact with. This includes cars, couches, bedding, floors, etc. And, the bottom of your shoes (or if you're like me and wear pants that are long, you must clean your pants this way). Another thing that will kill the virus is extremely high temps. So, if you don't want to use the bleach in your house on furniture, clothing, etc, use water that is above 130 degree Farenheit with a disinfectant like Od-O-Ban....