Flying with Your Dog

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby katiek0417 » July 2nd, 2009, 11:09 am

furever_pit wrote:
It's kinda funny that you bring up Nisha needing more pressure in bitework. This is something I have been discussing with a few people for several weeks now. I feel like my dog is the same way. He's progressing in the bite work but if he switches into prey drive for too long he gets bored. Keith was actually the first person to do any bite work with my dog and he did a really nice job. He truly loves the work and the dogs and he is brutally honest about people's dogs...he certainly doesn't sell you any crap. I definitely respect his opinion and am eager to hear what he thinks of these pups.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread...perhaps an admin could come along and split this so it can be in the training section???

However, Cy is the same way. More pressure brings a fuller and harder grip for him. He works so much better in defense...

And you can tell he's pissed b/c his hackles go up, and he growls in the grip (not high pitched, but that deep I'm going to kill you growl)...and he constantly counters in...

Actually, it was funny b/c when he worked Ni, he's so tall, and she's so short that she just lifted her legs and let him carry her...which some people have said makes it harder to drive her...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Leslie H » July 2nd, 2009, 12:37 pm

I have an old picture of Xanny on a sleeve with Keith, she looks so tiny.
She did a little protection tourney w/him long ago. It included a fake mugging at a pretend ATM (really the entrance to the men's and women's restrooms at a park. Keith appeared from one of the bathroom doors, and demanded my money. He was wearing his bitesuit pants, and a sleeve. I watched Xanny check him out, starting at his feet. You could tell what she was thinking as she looked up and up "Suit, suit, suit, suit, sleeve. Bam." She's all about the equipment.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby katiek0417 » July 2nd, 2009, 1:46 pm

Leslie H wrote:I have an old picture of Xanny on a sleeve with Keith, she looks so tiny.
She did a little protection tourney w/him long ago. It included a fake mugging at a pretend ATM (really the entrance to the men's and women's restrooms at a park. Keith appeared from one of the bathroom doors, and demanded my money. He was wearing his bitesuit pants, and a sleeve. I watched Xanny check him out, starting at his feet. You could tell what she was thinking as she looked up and up "Suit, suit, suit, suit, sleeve. Bam." She's all about the equipment.

Keith's protection stuff is AWESOME! We went to a bulldog show a couple of years ago, and they had an advanced level (only mals competed in that level)...anyway...you had to send the dog through this thing, and as you did, a big 40 gallon tub of water was overturned on it...

He was telling us that he recently built a pool for a protection tourney.

I think that's very cool!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder