Joyce, you may wanna call instead of texting back all the following information... I just took out some important parts. The lozenges are nicotine, which is toxic for dogs. http://www.petplace.com/dogs/nicotine-t ... page1.aspx
The toxic level of nicotine in dogs is 5 milligrams of nicotine per pound of body weight. In dogs, 10 mg/kg is potentially lethal.
What To Watch For
The clinical signs of toxicity are dependent upon the amount and type of nicotine ingested relative to your dogs body weight. The signs of toxicity are dose-dependent and generally begin within one hour of ingestion. Many dogs will vomit naturally after ingestion.
When large amounts are consumed, the effects can be life-threatening, but even small amounts can induce symptoms. Without treatment, nicotine toxicity can cause paralysis of the breathing muscles and your dog may die from an inability to breathe, sometimes within a few hours. If your pet exhibits any of the following symptoms, call your veterinarian.
Stumbling and/or incoordination
Lethargy (in high doses)
Fast breathing or difficulty breathing
Either bradycardia (slow heart rate), tachycardia (high heart rate) and/or cardiac arrhythmias
Induction of vomiting if you witnessed the nicotine ingestion and the pet is alert. Ask your veterinarian for advice. It is recommended to NOT use antacids as the acid in the stomach helps decrease the absorption of nicotine.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....