poor Beta..

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby jnreem » March 15th, 2009, 10:44 pm

So.. my brothers pit, Beta who we only see on his college breaks and the summer are home right now and she has to have surgery. She tore her ACL..i think thats right, but she just looks so small compared to Buddy, I think she has lost some weight. We are having a really hard time keeping Buddy away from her because all they both want to do is play and Beta can hardly walk her back legs are so bad.. what to do?
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » March 15th, 2009, 10:46 pm

Does Buddy have a crate? How about putting up a gate, or even tieing them down somewhere in the house, separate rooms......... :|
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » March 16th, 2009, 6:54 am

Sorry to hear about Beta. I had the surgery done on my Lab, Louie and Pit Bull, Darlene, (4 knees altogether) and I will tell you that it is VERY important that you keep Beta from playing too hard before surgery, and after. Beta could damage the knee MUCH more. It is very painful, even if she seems to want to rough house.

Can you possibly leash walk Beta outside? I know it is a PITA, but well worth not having the knee get worse.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby jnreem » March 16th, 2009, 12:40 pm

Well Buddy has a crate and we do put him in there when he acts up too much, he is getting better, she really wants to play and he was actually laying down and letting her play tug a war with him, but easy play. We put Buddy on a tie down too but he keeps chewing through the leashes.

Beta does walks pretty well, we don't want to do it all the time but when she gets really excited and wants to play hard we will take her.

Thanks for the suggestions!!
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Nutrition & Health