5.5 month old with blood in his stoole

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby CashCountry » February 19th, 2009, 6:27 pm

My 5.5 month old puppy has been having small traces of blood in his stoole. He acts normal and plays like he always has. Eats and drinks also. He shows no signs of feeling bad or being sick. It has been this way for 5 or 6 days. Was told to see if any other symptoms start showing and nothing. I have dewormed him. Has anybody else had a puppy like this or know any information i should know. I have googled and i find that hookworms, parvo, eating sticks, dog bones, allergies, and other things that can cause this but all seem to have other symptoms. Please Help.
CashCountry
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » February 19th, 2009, 6:39 pm

Are his stools normal otherwise -- no runny poop, no mucous, no diarrhea?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » February 19th, 2009, 6:41 pm

When was the last time you dewormed him? And was it a one dose dewormer or multiple doses?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby amazincc » February 19th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Well, I'm a tad paranoid anyway... but I would bring him in for a fecal. It might be nothing, it might be something - if it IS something it's better that the vet catch it right away.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby blabsforbullies » February 19th, 2009, 7:29 pm

amazincc wrote:Well, I'm a tad paranoid anyway... but I would bring him in for a fecal. It might be nothing, it might be something - if it IS something it's better that the vet catch it right away.

Good advice! I agree. :mrgreen:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby KJS » February 20th, 2009, 3:14 am

I would take a sample of it to the vet if I were you....you can never bet too carefull with puppies and babies...they go downhill so very quickly...
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » February 20th, 2009, 3:43 am

its always best to err on the side of caution with puppies and older or geriatric dogs.

I would be particularly concerned if the stool is diarrhea.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » February 23rd, 2009, 6:37 pm

Any news??? Did you take your puppy to the vet? :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to Nutrition & Health