What The Hell

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Malli » February 17th, 2009, 5:00 am

yeah, FB dogs tend to be repeat offenders.

Not to scare you, and the intestines don't usually perforate with FBs, but they can only lose so much intestine, as well. I think its a good plan to keep Kayden on the kibble, just in case he were to get overzelous and eat a bone that can't pass.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BullyLady » February 17th, 2009, 11:16 am

Malli wrote:yeah, FB dogs tend to be repeat offenders.

Not to scare you, and the intestines don't usually perforate with FBs, but they can only lose so much intestine, as well. I think its a good plan to keep Kayden on the kibble, just in case he were to get overzelous and eat a bone that can't pass.

I disagree, if he already eats raw let him stay on it. I would suggest, however, letting NO OTHER BONE than chicken bone near him. Ribs and hunks of knuckle bones, etc... aren't his friend, but the chances of him not being able to pass a chicken bone are realllllllllly low. Those things are like butter in a dog's digestive system.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby TheRedQueen » February 17th, 2009, 11:21 am

BullyLady wrote:
Malli wrote:yeah, FB dogs tend to be repeat offenders.

I disagree, if he already eats raw let him stay on it. I would suggest, however, letting NO OTHER BONE than chicken bone near him. Ribs and hunks of knuckle bones, etc... aren't his friend, but the chances of him not being able to pass a chicken bone are realllllllllly low. Those things are like butter in a dog's digestive system.

I had a dog get a 1" chicken bone wedged in her rectum...when I fed raw. :shock: Yikes. Chicken bones scare me now...as she was a chewer...she pulverized her bones when she ate...but she still didn't chomp a piece small enough. :| Just my opinion based on my experience...:)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » February 17th, 2009, 3:51 pm

well, if you read back, Matt had decided to keep Kayden on kibble and Karma and Earl on raw diet. So I was simply suggesting he keep Kayden away from anything that could cause him further issues, including possibly bones.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » February 23rd, 2009, 6:38 pm

How's Kayden doing, Matt???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » February 24th, 2009, 1:01 am

You could always grind his raw if you want to put him back on it.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby maberi » February 24th, 2009, 9:35 pm

amazincc wrote:How's Kayden doing, Matt???

Much better. I took him in to get his staples out this morning and the Vet who took him into the back said everyone was excited to hear he was coming in this morning and he would be back there a little while visiting everyone (I guess he won them over when he had to stay overnight for a few days)

The vet said he is good for leash walks but to give him another week of healing before letting him go full out so his abdominal wall has a bit more time to heal.

Tonight will be the first night in over a week that he will be sleeping with us without a cone or a doughnut :wink:
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby amazincc » February 24th, 2009, 9:37 pm

:confetti: YAY for a great update!!! :clap:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenn » February 25th, 2009, 12:04 am

That's great :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » February 25th, 2009, 12:06 am

I am so happy to hear that he is getting better.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby BigDogBuford » February 25th, 2009, 12:19 am

Yay! And a double yay for winning everyone over at the clinic. Sounds like Kayden has quite the fan club!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TinaMartin » February 25th, 2009, 9:31 am

Happy to hear he is doing well Matt. :mrgreen:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Malli » February 26th, 2009, 4:30 am

excellent.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 26th, 2009, 9:18 am

:clap: Yea for good news!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » February 26th, 2009, 9:20 am

I just saw this update. Superb :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health