Bumps in between toes

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby SisMorphine » January 28th, 2009, 4:53 pm

So last night at my friend's house Teeny was licking in between her toes. When I spread them apart she has two things in there that look like blisters. Now, I used to take care of an EB who had allergies and in between his toes would turn into these big red lumps, but that's not it. It literally looks like two blisters. I'll try to get pics when I get home if she'll hold still long enough (I promise nothing).

Any ideas? Or ideas of what to put on them? I'm going to put calendula but just seeing if anyone had any other ideas.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby HappyPuppy » January 28th, 2009, 5:12 pm

I'm interested to hear about this - Sherman has like a little pea btwn 1 or more toes (I'm not going to look right now) and one has been blistery/oozy. I've been alternating btwn neosporin and vinegar/peroxide mix and it looks a lot better. Wasn't sure if it was part of yeast (which he had) but the pea like bump is wierd btwn his toes.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby blabsforbullies » January 28th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Most commonly, I see interdigital cysts, especially with a history of allergies. They can become quite painful and infected. :cry:

However, there are other growths that can be there that are not so benign. :neutral: If there are multiple bumps, it makes me think that this would be less likely :wink: , but it is another possibility. :|

Most of the time, theses cysts come from a deep skin infection that may require antibiotics. The key is getting them to stop the licking. You could try a foot soak with some betadine or other antimicrobial. I would do that every 8-12 hours for several days. If they aren't resolved, change in any way, or gets more lesions, I would have him examined. 8)
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby SisMorphine » January 28th, 2009, 5:48 pm

She doesn't have a history of allergies, which is why it's odd. Though for the first time I have her on only partial raw and partial kibble, so I wonder if there is something in the Orijen that isn't meshing with her well. :|

Blue has his annual on Friday so I'll ask her if she thinks I should do something if it hasn't gotten any better. Damn dog. She luckily isn't licking incessantly, was just doing it last night.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby blabsforbullies » January 28th, 2009, 5:55 pm

I hope it goes well. 8) I am sure it's nothing, but glad you are watching it! :wink:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby Leslie H » January 28th, 2009, 8:50 pm

It does sound like interdigital cysts. Dampness can play a real role in this. If you dry her feet after she's been out, it can help. We also used a little Gold Bond powder.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby mnp13 » January 28th, 2009, 9:35 pm

Riggs has had those a few times. I soaked his foot for 15 minutes in warm salt water twice a day and they were gone in under a week.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » January 28th, 2009, 11:33 pm

Leslie H wrote:It does sound like interdigital cysts. Dampness can play a real role in this. If you dry her feet after she's been out, it can help. We also used a little Gold Bond powder.

This would make sense since she's SUCH a snow bunny! I'll start drying her more. And thanks, Michelle, I'll do the soaks as well. I tried putting some healing cream in there but she just licked it all off while I typed this. Bitch.
SisMorphine

Postby BritneyP » January 29th, 2009, 12:42 am

I'd try the Gold Bond too, she might not want to lick that! :mrgreen: :wink:
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully