Chewing toenails?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby blabsforbullies » January 28th, 2009, 4:24 pm

In December, I attended a continuing education conference that had an excellent behavioral discussion. :geek: The doctor discussed OCD and how it is probably more common than we think in our furry friends. :bananaDance: She also mentioned nail biting as a possible behavior. I don't think ALL the dogs that chew their nails are OCD, but just another thought out there.... :smileSwitch:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby Pit♥bull » January 28th, 2009, 4:29 pm

blabsforbullies wrote: I don't think ALL the dogs that chew their nails are OCD, but just another thought out there.... :smileSwitch:
Would an occasional 'bout' of nail chewing qualify as OCD? :|
Seems Trouble only does this when the nails need clipped.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » January 28th, 2009, 4:37 pm

blabsforbullies wrote:In December, I attended a continuing education conference that had an excellent behavioral discussion. :geek: The doctor discussed OCD and how it is probably more common than we think in our furry friends. :bananaDance: She also mentioned nail biting as a possible behavior. I don't think ALL the dogs that chew their nails are OCD, but just another thought out there.... :smileSwitch:

Doogie is definitely OCD.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby blabsforbullies » January 28th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Pit$Bull wrote:
blabsforbullies wrote: I don't think ALL the dogs that chew their nails are OCD, but just another thought out there.... :smileSwitch:
Would an occasional 'bout' of nail chewing qualify as OCD? :|
Seems Trouble only does this when the nails need clipped.

I'd say probably not. OCD dogs are to the point of almost injuring themselves. :sad2: But them consider the source :D ... I have labs (aka blabs) and they are about as OCD as it can get when it comes to tennis balls, frisbees, food, well.... anything that can be played with! :crazy2: Ha ha ha... :backRoll:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health