Are there any Dog medication check charts out there?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Hoyden » January 6th, 2009, 7:37 pm

Before I sit down and create one, does anyone know if there are any check off charts for medication out there?

Petey has 5 medications that he needs to take twice a day at staggered times, so I'm looking for a check off chart so we can write down the time or check off that he got that medication so we don't OD him or screw it up.

We also need to make sure he has eaten before he takes some of them, so we have to write that down too.

Is there such an animal out there?
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » January 6th, 2009, 8:26 pm

I haven't seen one. I usually just make my own.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby BigDogBuford » January 6th, 2009, 9:17 pm

I'm putting one together for work right now. Shall we both do one and compare them? Between the two of us we could probably make an awesome one!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby cheekymunkee » January 6th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Just use a calendar with big squares that you can write in, my mom did that with her meds
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Hoyden » January 6th, 2009, 10:01 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:I'm putting one together for work right now. Shall we both do one and compare them? Between the two of us we could probably make an awesome one!
?

I just finished a two week one. Want me to email it to you?
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » January 6th, 2009, 10:03 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Just use a calendar with big squares that you can write in, my mom did that with her meds

We thought about it, but it wouldn't work.

I just made one in excel. If I can figure out how to post an excel file here, I'll share it.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Malli » January 7th, 2009, 4:18 am

I use a pill organizer for Oscar's meds, I think you can get ones that have several time slots for each day, and you could probably write the times on the little door to each one and come up with some sort of symbol for "with food".

The other option is having the pharmacy put it all together for you, I'm pretty sure they do that

if there are any specific questions you have with regards to the meds or importance of time accuracy, let me know and I'll do my best :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Nutrition & Health