New Puppies

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Marinepits » January 7th, 2009, 6:11 pm

The thread IS on topic. It's about accidental litters and whether or not the breedings should/shouldn't happen. Apparently, Karen's is not the only litter.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » January 7th, 2009, 6:15 pm

This is a thread about an accidental breeding that happened between two un-breedworthy dogs who's lines shouldn't be continued, about how it has (or hasn't) been handled, and is about personal issues happening in the past between members of this board. So yeah, I'd say it's off topic.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » January 7th, 2009, 6:36 pm

Thank you for sharing your opinion. The thread is about accidental litters and potential problems that may result.

Katrina herself mentioned her possible accidental litter on the first page of this thread, and if people want to ask questions about her statement, they can. It's still on topic as far as this thread goes.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BritneyP » January 7th, 2009, 8:41 pm

I think Katrina's business is her business... pretty sure she has ZERO obligation to this board. If people are TRULY interested in what she has going on, why don't they ask her privately? :| Since when is it required for someone to make something public knowledge?

IMHO, this thread IS off topic and pretty silly.

kthanxbye.
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 7th, 2009, 8:45 pm

BritneyP wrote:Since when is it required for someone to make something public knowledge?

She brought it up on her own. :|
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby BritneyP » January 7th, 2009, 8:49 pm

She didn't "bring up" anything. She made mention of something. It's not like she was smurfing advertising it. Regardless, that doesn't mean she has to make it publicly open for discussion. This is smurfing ridiculous, sorry.
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 7th, 2009, 8:50 pm

True, she owes us nothing. BUT if you put something out there on a public message board be prepared to answer questions or don't post it. It was brought up in public by Katrina herself, no one else, handling it via pms is silly IMO. SHE made it public knowledge.

That is ALL I have to say about any of this. I am not looking to fight over it or call people out on anything, jsut saying if you talk about something on a message board, be prepared for what happens. :| There are plenty of things that go on in my house that I dont share with any of you, I choose NOT to talk about it. So can any of you. And no, no litters. EVERYTHING here is fixed except my daughter & she better sleep with one eye open. :devil:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby LMM » January 7th, 2009, 8:52 pm

:neutral:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby cheekymunkee » January 7th, 2009, 8:56 pm

BritneyP wrote:She didn't "bring up" anything. She made mention of something. It's not like she was smurfing advertising it. Regardless, that doesn't mean she has to make it publicly open for discussion. This is smurfing ridiculous, sorry.

You have every right to feel that way, but others also have the right to question if they so chose. That's just how it is . If I said Justice was pregnant with Munkee's babies do you think I would not be questioned about it? I certainly would be & I certainly would expect it since I brought it up
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BritneyP » January 7th, 2009, 9:02 pm

Debby, though I can appreciate that, I still think people are trying to bait someone into talking about a potentially controversial topic so they can open fire. Period. Why people feel the need to do this, I don't know.

Relate it to the OP all you want, in reality, Katrina and the OP are on TWO completely different levels. Katrina actually breeds her dogs, the OP has two dogs that were not breedworthy (as noted by the fact that she had an appt. to get the male neutered and was supposedly going to spay the female after she obtained some dumb title AND they are potential carriers of a very serious genetic disease), not health tested, she NEVER planned to breed dogs EVER, (as noted by her interests on her public profile) AND on top of it all, she chose to keep the litter because she apparently already had homes lined up for puppies and will even allow these new owners to breed the puppies if they so choose.

Katrina has a breeding female who IS health tested, works, etc. that may have a litter with another dog who is health tested, works, etc. Neither dog is a carrier of a genetic disease, either. No one who breeds their dogs and has an accidental litter is going to spay/abort or use potentially harmful abortion drugs on a female that they plan to use for breeding in the future. That's just the way it is. Not to mention that all of these puppies would probably end up in working homes, not contributing to the unwanted dog population OR even worse, the unwanted PIT BULL population.

The End.
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ellie@ny » January 7th, 2009, 9:13 pm

BritneyP wrote:Debby, though I can appreciate that, I still think people are trying to bait someone into talking about a potentially controversial topic so they can open fire. Period. Why people feel the need to do this, I don't know.

Relate it to the OP all you want, in reality, Katrina and the OP are on TWO completely different levels. Katrina actually breeds her dogs, the OP has two dogs that were not breedworthy (as noted by the fact that she had an appt. to get the male neutered and was supposedly going to spay the female after she obtained some dumb title AND they are potential carriers of a very serious genetic disease), not health tested, she NEVER planned to breed dogs EVER, (as noted by her interests on her public profile) AND on top of it all, she chose to keep the litter because she apparently already had homes lined up for puppies and will even allow these new owners to breed the puppies if they so choose.

Katrina has a breeding female who IS health tested, works, etc. that may have a litter with another dog who is health tested, works, etc. Neither dog is a carrier of a genetic disease, either. No one who breeds their dogs and has an accidental litter is going to spay/abort or use potentially harmful abortion drugs on a female that they plan to use for breeding in the future. That's just the way it is. Not to mention that all of these puppies would probably end up in working homes, not contributing to the unwanted dog population OR even worse, the unwanted PIT BULL population.

The End.

Very well said! :clap:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby DemoDick » January 7th, 2009, 9:20 pm

BritneyP wrote:Debby, though I can appreciate that, I still think people are trying to bait someone into talking about a potentially controversial topic so they can open fire. Period. Why people feel the need to do this, I don't know.

The End.

I don't see the "two different levels" thing at all. You are using a LOT of justification and are being extremely defensive.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby BritneyP » January 7th, 2009, 9:28 pm

Please explain "A LOT of justification."
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby demolitionic » January 7th, 2009, 9:59 pm

I don't think anybody is trying to bait Katrina into anything, and especially not to "open fire". I sure wasn't.

Katrina has shared with us the progress and goings-on of the last litters that she produced, and shared stories and pictures for us all to ooh and ahh over. That's what the board does.

So she mentioned she might have a pregnancy at her house, and I asked about it. As done previously. I promise I'm not muah-ha-ha-ha-ing and stroking my evil lap cat. I was honestly curious. :|

-Edited to add that I do not, indeed, have an evil lap cat. But I am taking donations.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 7th, 2009, 10:05 pm

Joyce has one named Bo who is evil. She would send him to you. Just sayin'.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby DemoDick » January 7th, 2009, 10:18 pm

BritneyP wrote:Please explain "A LOT of justification."

This:

Katrina brought up the potential accidental breeding, and a few people asked about it. Not a big deal, really. Certainly nothing that warranted the above response. No one was attacking, so a defensive posture wasn't necessary.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby demolitionic » January 7th, 2009, 10:18 pm

And here I was hoping YOU would volunteer.

... Mrs. Lizzlesworth
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 7th, 2009, 10:37 pm

Meow.

pitbullmamaliz

Postby BullyLady » January 7th, 2009, 11:57 pm

Britney that is not "the end". "The end" is, if Katrina didn't want to be asked about an accidental breeding that may or may not have happened in her house then she shouldn't have mentioned it on an internet forum, casually or not.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby airwalk » January 8th, 2009, 12:03 am

Lordy, I'm way late to this discussion.

First I don't know Karen from Adam..know nothing about any previous conversations or accusations - but please there is no such thing as an accidental litter - accidental breeding maybe - accidental litter no. There are far too many ways that are medically safe to avoid a litter. Karen is making a choice and certainly doing a lot of justification for her decision to keep a litter.

Karen I run a shelter..for every puppy you place, you have taken a home. That is a simple fact. If you are in rescue you know that and you are choosing to jeopardize other dogs opportunities to find homes by having a litter that has known potential serious health issues.

Katrina, I can appreciate your comment about doing what you can for rescue; however, my opinions remain the same. There are no accidental litters! If you choose to keep the litter, it is not an accident it is purposeful and it jeopardizes currently living dogs lives.
airwalk
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health