lumpy

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby delilahsmommy » December 6th, 2008, 1:35 pm

Macs fur looks all lumpy today....could it be he is loosing his puppy fur or do i need to take him in...
wasnt like this yesterday i tried brushing him he is shedding a bit but the lumps wouldnt go away. i also cant feel anything its just like his fur is raised he also kinda has dandruff....
and suggestions would be appreciated
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » December 6th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Are the lumps visible? Or are they more like folds/wrinkles because he's still growing?

Gawd, Amber... post a pic so I don't worry myself into an early grave now. :x
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » December 6th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Need pics to see what the lumps/bumps actually look like. Could be an allergic reaction, a staph infection, or something else.....?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby delilahsmommy » December 6th, 2008, 7:36 pm

tried my best to get a good pic.... :|
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 6th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Looks like hives.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » December 6th, 2008, 7:45 pm

Agreed. Has he gotten into anything unusual lately -- new food, new grass/vegetation, new floor or carpet cleaner, new laundry detergent, etc?

Have the hives changed in size or quantity?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » December 6th, 2008, 7:53 pm

yep yep. Hives.

If they spread any more or his face swells at all, I'd take him in immediately.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby delilahsmommy » December 6th, 2008, 8:26 pm

nothing has changed....only the snow....what can i give him to make the hives go down? bendryl?
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » December 6th, 2008, 9:15 pm

How much does he weigh?
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » December 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

oh, are most of them on his belly? This could mean he has layed on something irritating, if you think its possible he has come into contact (rather then eaten) something, maybe give him a bath?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby delilahsmommy » December 6th, 2008, 9:44 pm

he wieghs almost 60 pounds...and he his stomache is clear no bumps..i can deff feel them now though....getting worried...maybe i wil give him a bath ne ways...
waitin on what you say about bendryl...hubby can pick some up if needed
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby delilahsmommy » December 6th, 2008, 11:39 pm

ok well no one answered me so i looked for topics on the forum about benedryl and on other sites and gave him some....when i went down to my mother inlaws i tried to get him in his crate he was laying on the couhc zonked out...majorly....so i had to grab him by the collar and he wouldnt move...so i pulled and he slunked off the couch and i had to skoot him across the floor then he got up to walk in his crate then layed back down now he is biting/itching at the bumps and he keeps standing up and whining and looking around all wierd but being responsive....damn dog stop stressing me out
vet isnt open till monday so i will make an app then good thing i got the free one month insurance when we adopted him....hopefully it will cover anything thats needs to be done or any meds...or whatever...im very stressed right now.... i know my dads dog has hives and they give him benedryl every once in a while.......and i just thought of what might be the culprate...last week Mac peed on the papson mattress and i cleaned it with a pet cleaner for carpets it says on the bottle skin irritation may occur so i put a sheet over it and hopefully that will work itself out....as i dont have a super huge washer to fit a mattress in and i dont have a removable cover for it...
wow rant!!!!
forgive me im stressed....
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby BullyLady » December 7th, 2008, 12:37 am

delilahsmommy wrote:he wieghs almost 60 pounds...and he his stomache is clear no bumps..i can deff feel them now though....getting worried...maybe i wil give him a bath ne ways...
waitin on what you say about bendryl...hubby can pick some up if needed

We needed to know how much he weighed to tell you how much to give. It's 1 milligram of benadryl per 1 pound of body weight. So 2.5 of the 25 milligram caplets.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby delilahsmommy » December 7th, 2008, 12:42 am

well i gave him 2 :P no improvement as of yet so keeping fingers crossed
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » December 7th, 2008, 5:16 am

he should have improved within an hour or so of giving it. An allergic reaction like this is not something that can wait until monday(unless it did improve with the Benedryl) it could progress into something quite serious. Does your vet have an after hours number you can call or is there an emergency vet you can take him to?
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 7th, 2008, 8:44 am

How's he doing this morning? I agree with Malli - the Benadryl should have worked pretty quickly. When I had to give it to Inara one time her hive went down within about 20 minutes. Not gone, but noticeably smaller. Was there any improvement on Mac?

Is he still breathing okay? Eating, drinking, peeing and pooping okay? Acting completely like himself?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby delilahsmommy » December 8th, 2008, 12:43 am

he is 100% BETTER no more lumpys i think it was the cleaner i used on the mattress so now it has a thick sheet on it keeping a close eye on him and still going to the vet when possible :)
thanks everyone for helping me when i was going crazy lol
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » December 8th, 2008, 1:14 am

I am glad he is better :hug3: I keep benadryl in the dogs medicine bag. Kinzyl has recently had the hives from something in the woods on our walks. I didn't know what they were either. She was lumpy. I saw other pictures in threads and it was the same thing. I gave her the benadryl and it was gone the next day.
It is OK, we are getting freaky about our animals. I am just glad it wasn't too serious.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Return to Nutrition & Health