Rate these cat foods

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby adoptanapbt » September 22nd, 2008, 9:54 pm

Hopefully I won't be blacklisted for asking about cat food here. Both my boys have crappy immune systems as well as loose stool on every kibble I've tried (Nutro Ultra, Nutro Natural Choice, CA Natural, Solid Gold, you name it). Raley's just recently added a refrigerated dog/cat food cooler with a brand called Country Pet. Here's the page http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACC ... egory=-109. Ingredients: Chicken, Fish, Beef, Lamb, Water (sufficient for processing), Whole Eggs, a pinch or two of Vitamins and Minerals consisting of: Salt (Sodium Chloride), Choline Chloride Supplement, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulphate Supplement, Manganese Sulphate, Nicotinic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate Supplement, Vitamin B2, Calcium Iodate, Selenium Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin B6 Hydrochloride, Vitamin B1 Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.

So I bought some tubes(?), hoping it will turn out to be economical. The cats love it, and I'm waiting to see the results on their stool. But in the meantime, I was looking for a kibble to mix it with and found By Nature at PetsMart: http://www.bynaturepetfoods.com/product ... niccat.php
Ingredients: Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Organic Ground Barley, Organic Ground Oats, Organic Brown Rice, Fish Meal, Organic Chicken Hydrolysate, Organic Peas, Organic Flaxseed Meal, Natural Flavors, Chicken Fat (Stabilized with Mixed Tocopherols), Salt, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Organic Dried Tomatoes, Organic Cranberries, Organic Carrots, Organic Kelp, Organic Spinach, Dried Chicory Root, Turmeric, Niacin Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Rosemary Extract, Dried Yeast Fermentation Solubles.

Almost $20 for an 8lb bag :shock: but could be worth it if I cut it with something cheaper & if they respond well to it. Should I still give them raw liver & yogurt with these 2 foods or wait & see how they do on just the food alone?
Desdemona, CGC (FS APBT 5/05)
Aggie (aka Demonspawn), PITA (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 12/06)
Beanie, PITA in training (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 7/07)

http://www.merideprettyoneday.blogspot.com
adoptanapbt
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Mickle » September 23rd, 2008, 8:46 am

My cats both had bladder blockage issues and I switched them to a completly raw diet. Best thing I could have done. They both havnt had any issues due to food in over a year. They love the food too. That would be my ultimate suggestion. If you could as far as kibble goes get your hands on some Evo cat food or try California natural cat food that might help with the yucky poops.
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 23rd, 2008, 12:33 pm

The tubes look good, I don't like the dry ingredients though, way to many fillers up at the top.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » September 27th, 2008, 5:38 pm

My cat eats Solid Gold
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Nutrition & Health