I love tea tree oil!!!!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby juniper8204 » September 7th, 2008, 9:07 am

My little pup, Oona has been battling a few spots of mange. My mother died about a month ago, and potty break times got changed, feeding schedules got changed...everything went topsy turvy. Not long after that, I noticed the spots on her head and one on her shoulder. I tried to see if they'd go away on their own, but they didn't. I already have the dogs on a really good food (Blue Buffalo), so yeast is not a problem here. I bought some tea tree oil after reading about it and I've been applying one drop directly to each spot and then rubbing it in with my finger. One of the spots, in only a week, is already growing back hair!!!!!

I love tea tree oil!!!!

If anyone ever decides to use it as a homeopathic mange treatment, be aware that it can be toxic if overdosed, which is why I only use a total of three drops once a day on Oona. I've also heard, though, on a positive side, that if it's diluted with water and sprayed on, it can be a flea/tick/mosquito deterrant!
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hoyden » September 7th, 2008, 9:06 pm

I love tea tree oil too! I use it on me AND the dogs.

I had to stop using regular soap after finding that both the Gremlin and I are very very sensative to the Sodium Laureth whatever chemical in them, so we switched everyone INCLUDING the dogs over to natural soaps.

I love love love these soaps for my dogs, especially Birdie, who has sensative skin, but needs frequent baths because of therapy visits, romps in the mud, etc. I can bathe her weekly with no irritation and she smells great. Her fur is so soft that it's like silk now.

http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/dogshampoo.htm
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby cheekymunkee » September 7th, 2008, 9:11 pm

I have been using it lately for Munkee's hot spots & it does seem to wak VERY well on them. The kind I got is a cream with aloe, sunflower oil & some other crap in it. This is the kind I have

http://www.herbalremedies.com/tea-tree-cream.html
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Nutrition & Health