small bump...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Gatsu » April 20th, 2006, 10:53 pm

okay my pup has this small bumb where her wiskers are it looks amost like the rest of the lieetle white dots she has where her wiskers come out, but this one has no wisker and is a bump feels kinda liek a ingrown hair or soemthing but harder. can a wisker become in grown? any suggestions?

thanks,
Jon
------------------

www.jh-training.ca

Jon
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 21st, 2006, 12:05 am

Ruby has a few little bumps where there are no whiskers. I'd leave it alone unless it becomes infected.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby a-bull » April 21st, 2006, 9:14 am

Same here . . . My dogs have had those, and as long as they don't get red and angry looking, they seem to go away eventually.

When we've had the occasional red one, I've just put a little triple antibiotic on it a couple of times a day for a few days and the redness has chilled out. :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Miakoda » April 21st, 2006, 12:28 pm

Gatsu wrote:okay my pup has this small bumb where her wiskers are it looks amost like the rest of the lieetle white dots she has where her wiskers come out, but this one has no wisker and is a bump feels kinda liek a ingrown hair or soemthing but harder. can a wisker become in grown? any suggestions?

thanks,
Jon

Sounds like an ingrown hair. Dogs get those as well. You can either a) squeeze it like a zit (but remember to duck unless you like yucky juice spattering your face) & then put some triple AB ointment on it, or b) forgo the squeezing & just put the triple AB on it for several days. These things usually clear up on their own with no problem.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health