smurf smurf smurf

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Malli » June 21st, 2008, 3:06 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Well he ate like a beast monkey last night and this morning. Partially raw too!!! Frankly I forgot to give him his sulcrafate last night, and purposefully skipped it this morning as I'm wondering now if it's making his appetite worse. Anyone know anything about the side effects?

I have never heard of sulcrate(sucrulfate) causing any side effects :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » June 21st, 2008, 3:07 pm

Malli wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:Well he ate like a beast monkey last night and this morning. Partially raw too!!! Frankly I forgot to give him his sulcrafate last night, and purposefully skipped it this morning as I'm wondering now if it's making his appetite worse. Anyone know anything about the side effects?

I have never heard of sulcrate(sucrulfate) causing any side effects :|

Spelling shmelling, I can't even pronounce it. LOL!!

I'm just so confused right now. I want Monday and Tuesday to come ASAP!!!

I'm just happy my little boy is eating.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Malli » June 21st, 2008, 3:09 pm

vomiting and diarrhea as well as anorexia are such common issues at my work that we hand it out like candy to the patients, so you'd think I would have heard of something...

Yes :) I am glad Wally is eating
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » June 21st, 2008, 8:25 pm

Eating is a GOOD sign!!! GO, Wally!!! :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » June 23rd, 2008, 11:41 am

Well we just got back from the vet. He has gained about 2.5 pounds since his devastating weight loss last week, and is now 66.2. Unfortunately the only way we came about this was by not giving him his sulcrafate. The vet thinks that it may not be making him nauseous persay, just not hungry. We ran his bloods and he is pretty damn anemic, which would be why he is craving only red meat.

So he is obviously still bleeding. Tomorrow we're heading to the herbalist, and the vet is hoping we get in the results from today's kidney test before I head out so I can bring those too. We are both hoping she can offer an alternative to the sulcrafate for the bleeding, or even offer a new possibility as to what it could be. She also recommended Reiki, which one of my clients has already offered to do for me. I seriously love my vet. I couldn't ask for anyone more realistic and open-minded.

Unfortunately at this point it appears that we have worked through everything there is to eliminate that either of us can think of. I think it is safe to say that we can move this thread to the cancer section :sad2:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby madremissy » June 23rd, 2008, 11:44 am

Oh Sis, I am so sorry but Wally can do this. It is great that you are so comfortable with your vet. Good, positive thoughts coming you and Wally's way.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » June 23rd, 2008, 12:07 pm

I'm SO sorry, Alyssa. :cry:

What can we do, individually and collectively, to help?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » June 23rd, 2008, 12:15 pm

Alyssa, I'm so sorry. Keep trying new things, there are new discoveries every day and hopefully one will be perfect for Wally.
airwalk
I live here

Postby call2arms » June 23rd, 2008, 12:42 pm

Awe... I'm so sorry to hear this. We're with you guys.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SisMorphine » June 23rd, 2008, 1:31 pm

amazincc wrote:I'm SO sorry, Alyssa. :cry:

What can we do, individually and collectively, to help?

Lots of good thoughts and energy would be much appreciated by the both of us.
SisMorphine

Postby CinderDee » June 23rd, 2008, 2:26 pm

Sending lots of hugs & healing vibes. :groupHug:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Malli » June 23rd, 2008, 2:52 pm

I am sorry Alyssa and, Wally :(
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » June 23rd, 2008, 2:55 pm

I'm not moving this thread until the doctor SAYS it is cancer. Until then, it isn't.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » June 23rd, 2008, 3:01 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I'm not moving this thread until the doctor SAYS it is cancer. Until then, it isn't.

LOL! Well then I guess it'll never be moved because we can't go in and biopsy so it's all a guessing game to which there will never be a definitive answer.

Wally just inhaled a whole handful of cookies. I'm going to stop on my way home and pick up some more beef for my main man.
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » June 23rd, 2008, 3:05 pm

Try to find beef heart. It is SO full of good stuff. And should be easy for him to eat.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 23rd, 2008, 3:06 pm

they usually have it here at walmart :|
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby CinderDee » June 23rd, 2008, 3:10 pm

Sis, I don't know if you saw this link I posted on the other page. I also don't know a thing about this test, but if you're interested maybe you can ask your vet about it.

Blood test for Lymphoma:
http://www.pet-screen.com/web/PETSCR/index.cfm?s=1
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 23rd, 2008, 3:21 pm

Alyssa, I'm with Deb - I don't think we should use the word cancer unless we're positive it is. Continued good thoughts for Wally, and you and Athena, coming from Cleveland.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » June 23rd, 2008, 3:22 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Try to find beef heart. It is SO full of good stuff. And should be easy for him to eat.

OOOOH! Why the heck didn't I think of that?! I think I actually have some in my freezer that I never unthawed!!!! But I'll call S'N'S (they usually have it) and see if they have any in stock and if they do I'll stop there instead of Market Basket on my way home.
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » June 23rd, 2008, 3:23 pm

CinderDee wrote:Sis, I don't know if you saw this link I posted on the other page. I also don't know a thing about this test, but if you're interested maybe you can ask your vet about it.

Blood test for Lymphoma:
http://www.pet-screen.com/web/PETSCR/index.cfm?s=1

Thanks Dee it must've gotten lost in the masses. I just emailed the link to my vet to see what she knows about it.
SisMorphine

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health