smurf smurf smurf

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby amazincc » June 8th, 2008, 8:40 am

When is his next appointment? What can be done for his GI bleed? :sad2:

I KNOW you love him to pieces... so do I. I am very happy that he's eating - will keep absolutely everything crossed for him! :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » June 8th, 2008, 8:44 am

amazincc wrote:When is his next appointment? What can be done for his GI bleed? :sad2:

I KNOW you love him to pieces... so do I. I am very happy that he's eating - will keep absolutely everything crossed for him! :hug3:

No clue when the next appointment is. I'm still saving up for the ultrasound and I call or email the vet everyday with an update so she'll change things around if she feels it's necessary. I love my vet.

Right now essentially we'll go through one or two rounds of the meds he's on now, and if by the end he's still bleeding than we can assume it's one of two lymphomas in his GI tract and I can be committed to a mental institution because without Wally I am sure I will go crazy.

So I'm still hoping for a bleed without explanation that will clear up.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 8th, 2008, 8:45 am

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure you haven't posted up any pics of the patient yet...
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » June 8th, 2008, 8:48 am

He WILL be okay, Alyssa. Wally is NOT having any lymphoma crap... he's just having an upset tummy. :(

Wally, stop scaring us RIGHT NOW! :x
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » June 8th, 2008, 9:15 am

Come on Wally it is time to get better.
Liz you are correct, NO PICTURES YET. Where are they?
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Malli » June 8th, 2008, 4:07 pm

should there be any concern if the raw includes bones that the bones could somehow scrape the GI tract and worsen the bleeding?

Maybe Wally should be on a wet food diet for now? :| I'm not sure, just brainstorming...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » June 9th, 2008, 1:19 am

Malli wrote:should there be any concern if the raw includes bones that the bones could somehow scrape the GI tract and worsen the bleeding?

Maybe Wally should be on a wet food diet for now? :| I'm not sure, just brainstorming...

Well I'm not having him eat any whole raw, we're just keeping with the mush as I don't want to upset his system anymore. I'm also doing some canned Evangers and I am picking out the bones just in case.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby amazincc » June 9th, 2008, 1:35 am

How's he acting, Alyssa???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » June 9th, 2008, 1:52 am

amazincc wrote:How's he acting, Alyssa???

Well I just got home a little while ago so he's been passed out. LOL! But he didn't eat his dinner, unfortunately for Teeny she DID which means she's now full of flagyl, pepcid, and tramadol . . . oh well, maybe she'll sleep ;)

I did manage to give him in sulfacrate in some Evangers so he's all good there. My schedule for this week is simply CHAOTIC so I'll be depending on my mother to give me good updates on him.
SisMorphine

Postby Mickle » June 9th, 2008, 9:50 am

Was he mad that Teeny beans came back?? Lucius is soooo tired hes barely moved today!!! Thanks Teeny for tiring out my dogs.
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 18th, 2008, 8:55 pm

Today Wally ate a total of 3 whole entire cans of food and 2 cups of dry. WOW! I started giving him Homeopet's Digestive Upset this morning and it has made a HUGE difference already.

Still don't know exactly what's going on, but the fact that he ate so much today is simply fantastic.

I have made a strange observation . . .
Wally has been known for his absolutely horrific "death breath" since the day I brought him home. You have NEVER smelled a mouth like his. Since all of this started his breath has gotten steadily better and tonight all I can smell on his breath is canned food. It is so weird. So what does this mean was causing his bad breath? What does this mean is his current ailment? Man I'm confused . . .
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » June 18th, 2008, 9:05 pm

SisMorphine wrote:I started giving him Homeopet's Digestive Upset this morning and it has made a HUGE difference already.

What is that and where do you get it?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » June 18th, 2008, 9:13 pm

mnp13 wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:I started giving him Homeopet's Digestive Upset this morning and it has made a HUGE difference already.

What is that and where do you get it?

Well I got mine at work, but you can get it at homeopet.com I believe.

It's a homeopathic remedy. I have seriously fallen in LOVE with this company. Between their two skin remedies and their joint remedy, and now this, I can't say enough. I've also used the anxiety remedy with effect.

They also have a dewormer, a nasal remedy (for kennel cough) AND a remedy for dogs with incontinence issues.

The Digestive Upset is supposed to be good for diarrhea, gas, constipation, regurgitation, and loss of appetite.
SisMorphine

Postby amazincc » June 18th, 2008, 9:18 pm

http://www.homeopet.com/

Digestive Upsets
Homeopathic remedy to reduce the discomfort and provide temporary relief of a variety of minor digestive problems due to diarrhea, flatulence and retained gas.

Natural Organic Ingredients
Veratrum Album 6c&30c, Argentum Nitricum 6c&30c, Colocynthis 6c&30c, Pulsatilla 6c&30c, Hypericum 6c&30c, Arsenicum Album 6c & 30c in 20% USP alc. in purified water.

Dosage
1-20 lbs (10 kg)…5 drops = one dose
20 – 100 lbs (10-50 kg)…10 drops = one dose
Over 100 lbs (50 kg)…15 drops = one dose

General dosing:
Use 3 single doses daily to start and cut back with improvement of symptoms to twice daily and eventually once daily. Remedy may be discontinued when symptoms are no longer present.

Pets under 1 lb:
All pets under 1 lb should be dosed by putting one(1) to two(2) drops in drinking water daily.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 18th, 2008, 9:21 pm

Alyssa I'm so excited that Wally is eating again!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » June 18th, 2008, 9:39 pm

I am soooo happy Wally is at least feeling better to eat.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby BigDogBuford » June 18th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Might have to try the Leaks No More for dripping pooter Minnie!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby CinderDee » June 18th, 2008, 10:14 pm

That's fantastic news, Sis!!!

I may have to try that remedy for Kato.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby airwalk » June 18th, 2008, 10:33 pm

Yay so glad to hear Wally is eating better..keeping my fingers crossed now that the bleeding simply inexplicably stops.
airwalk
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » June 19th, 2008, 7:23 pm

WooHoo WALLY!!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health