smurf smurf smurf

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby iluvk9 » June 4th, 2008, 5:10 pm

How is he today? Give him a hug for me!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » June 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm

Hey all. I spoke with Mickle and she agreed to keep Teeny until Sunday after I did some begging, pleading and arm twisting ;) Wally is still uber painful from the attack. I just picked up some Tramadol and gave him his first dose as the arnica wasn't strong enough for him. He greeted me at the door when I got home today. I was psyched.

Malli, thanks for the advice on the Sulfacrate. Luckily I was already warned so he's all set with that ;)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Hoyden » June 4th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Let's hope he keeps getting better. Gremlin is praying for him. She said he has to get better and that's an order!

Tramadol sucks. At least for me. One doze and I am puking my brains out.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » June 5th, 2008, 6:26 am

Hoyden wrote:Let's hope he keeps getting better. Gremlin is praying for him. She said he has to get better and that's an order!

Tramadol sucks. At least for me. One doze and I am puking my brains out.

Tell Grem that Wally is VERY appreciative because any good thoughts put out there for him make him feel better. Plus he is looking forward to more and more Gremlin-built nests for years to come ;)

And so far he's doing fine on the Tramadol, still has an appetite and hasn't cried once. YAY!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 5th, 2008, 6:48 am

You know, it's been proven several times that the more pics you post of a patient, the faster they heal. I'm just sayin'... :|
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Mickle » June 5th, 2008, 7:52 am

I have heard that too.
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » June 5th, 2008, 8:52 am

You know, i've heard that, as well...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby iluvk9 » June 5th, 2008, 1:40 pm

Do you have any of him sleeping? 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » June 5th, 2008, 3:21 pm

I'll get pics of the patient later tonight. And yes, Joyce, I'll try my hardest to get one of him sleeping ;)
SisMorphine

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 5th, 2008, 3:22 pm

is he feeling any better today?
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 5th, 2008, 3:25 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:is he feeling any better today?

I guess the Tramadol's been helping. Unfortunately today is my long work day, gone from 7am until 10:30pm, but my mom is taking care of him and says he seems less painful today.
SisMorphine

Postby iluvk9 » June 5th, 2008, 4:02 pm

ugggghhhh....I hate when my dogs are sick, upset, or otherwise broken, and I can't be with them all day. At least Mom is able to give him some TCL. Are you calling every hour to find out how he is?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » June 5th, 2008, 5:01 pm

Still sending good thoughts to my favorite greyhound.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Malli » June 5th, 2008, 5:09 pm

That is one thing I really love about working at a vet, I can bring Os with me to watch him if I think he's unwell...

I forgot to mention too that you should avoid the sucrulfate with meds as they'll cancel eachother out, if you didn't already know....

yay wally!
Isn't it amazing what pain control can do??
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby call2arms » June 6th, 2008, 12:13 am

Isn't it ok to give the meds first, then wait some and then give the sucralfate?

Or would there be a point, since you're trying to coat the stomach with the sucralfate and then the meds irritate it if you give them first?
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » June 6th, 2008, 4:45 am

oh yes yes, sorry, I meant literally give the meds with the sucrulfate...(like at the same time)

An animal can be on other meds at the same time, they just shouldn't have them an hr. before or after the sucrulfate.
I think oral NSAIDS can be contraindicated with most conditions that call for sucrulfate, too :| (but tramadol is a narcotic...)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » June 6th, 2008, 4:27 pm

Thanks guys. He gets his Sulcrafate about an hour after his regular meds. I promise it's under control ;)

An update:
He's doing better today. He actually poked me with his nose a couple times this morning, which is something he does when he's uber excited and snuggly. Then when I came home from work he greeted me at the door and was wiggly . . . a little too wiggly since he ended up making himself cry and he went back to bed after that, but still it was fantastic to see some life in him finally!! Once we can get rid of the pain from the attack we can deal with the GI bleed. It's just so much all at once for my poor old man!

I'm also worried about his dog to dog relations and how he will feel about going back up to work. I'm sure I'm probably overthinking it, but he's my constant companion so I have to be worried.
SisMorphine

Postby Mickle » June 7th, 2008, 7:21 am

We can test wally with Seamus..if he still hates him we're good.
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » June 8th, 2008, 7:29 am

How's Wally???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » June 8th, 2008, 8:36 am

He's doing good. He has a lot more pep in his step and he actually went up the stairs yesterday (didn't come back down, but oh well, you take what you can ;) ). He hasn't screamed once but he he still showing pain when you touch his right shoulder and right side of his neck.

His stool is still black :( BUT he's finally showing interest in eating raw again!!!! I love my man so much.
SisMorphine

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health