smurf smurf smurf

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby BritneyP » June 23rd, 2008, 3:43 pm

Wally and I are SO in a fight unti he gets better...

You can tell him I said that too! :cuss: :wink:

I hope the herbalist can bring some relief and my fingers and toes are permanently crossed that he keeps eating like a mad man! :dance:
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » June 24th, 2008, 3:50 pm

How'd todays appointment go w/the herbalist???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » June 24th, 2008, 3:59 pm

amazincc wrote:How'd todays appointment go w/the herbalist???

Well she did a Reiki treatment on him and gave me a tea that has mostly slippery elm and some milk thistle and blessed thistle. She said that she wants to give him a different tea, though, possibly a tincture, so she's going to ponder on it today and then she's coming up tomorrow night for handling class with her Swissy so she'll give it to me then.

He definitely seems a lot more relaxed after the reiki treatment. He'll be getting a second one sometime this week from one of my client's also. There is no such thing as too much Reiki!!! I'll be interested to see if he actually eats his food with the tea mixed in tonight . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby amazincc » June 24th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Fingers and paws crossed that he'll eat everything!!!

Were you able to get some beef heart? I mix a couple of pieces in w/every meal that Mick gets, as well as some small pieces of beef liver. Potent stuff, I tell ya. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » June 24th, 2008, 4:20 pm

Wally's entire breakfast was all beef heart today. He was in love. LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby gayrghts » June 24th, 2008, 4:28 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Wally's entire breakfast was all beef heart today. He was in love. LOL!

i'm sure you know this, but don't be concerned if his poops after that look quite bloody.... beef heart, and beef liver tend to give poop that looks like a gi bleed....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » June 24th, 2008, 4:51 pm

gayrghts wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:Wally's entire breakfast was all beef heart today. He was in love. LOL!

i'm sure you know this, but don't be concerned if his poops after that look quite bloody.... beef heart, and beef liver tend to give poop that looks like a gi bleed....

Well seeing as how he already has a GI bleed I don't think I can get any more concerned as far as that goes ;)
SisMorphine

Postby gayrghts » June 24th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Well, I know, but if his poops were just dark/black and they move to being more like that shiny black/red muck i didn't want you to think the GI bleed was getting worse... :wink:
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby amazincc » June 26th, 2008, 1:08 pm

How is Wally??? Did he take his tea???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » June 26th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Wally is eating his food with his tea mixed in twice a day, no problem. She also gave me a Yarrow tincture last night that I'm supposed to give him 3 times a day directly into his mouth. He's also now had 2 Reiki sessions and will be having a third on Monday. And I'll be having my first ever on Monday. Needless to say I've been a tad stressed and it isn't going to help Wally at all for me to be like that.
SisMorphine

Postby katiek0417 » June 26th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Remember to drink LOTS of water before and after the Reiki. I didn't my first time (after the advice of several people) and felt like crap...

But I'm glad Wally is eating and things seem to be doing better for him! Yay, Wally!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Mickle » June 26th, 2008, 8:33 pm

Give Wally hugs and kisses from Matt, ME, and Everyone at my work who hasnt met him...cause they decided they love hime too. They all own Whippets!! :dance:
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby Asta » June 27th, 2008, 8:41 am

Oh poor Wallster :shock: I dearly hope that the Reiki helped him feel better and that he continues in that fashion!!! Lots of hugs from me and Alma (if he likes babies that is, otherwise scrap her ;) )

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby amazincc » June 29th, 2008, 9:04 pm

Making my rounds - how is Sir Wallace??? :wave2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » July 2nd, 2008, 11:04 am

Wally came with me to Teeny's appt. He hasn't lost any weight, but hasn't gained any either. We're going to try him back on the Sucralfate and see if maybe it was just a coincidence before that he wasn't eating.

She palpated him and said she thinks she MAY be feeling a mass :( I just don't know what to do.
SisMorphine

Postby Hundilein » July 2nd, 2008, 11:11 am

Well sheesh. That's not very helpful news, now is it? Good thoughts are on their way from NC for Wally and Teeny, and especially you!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » July 2nd, 2008, 3:04 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Wally came with me to Teeny's appt. He hasn't lost any weight, but hasn't gained any either. We're going to try him back on the Sucralfate and see if maybe it was just a coincidence before that he wasn't eating.

She palpated him and said she thinks she MAY be feeling a mass :( I just don't know what to do.

I'm sorry to hear this, Sis. Are you able to have an ultrasound done?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 2nd, 2008, 3:57 pm

Ack. Poor Wally. Is he acting like he's in pain?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby demolitionic » July 2nd, 2008, 4:05 pm

I'm sorry for Wally. :sad2:

Here's hoping he's just being a brat and all will return to normal.

Give him and Teeny some supportive butt scritches from us all.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » July 2nd, 2008, 4:06 pm

He's not acting like he's in any pain at all, which is good. And you can tell when he's in pain: unlike a bulldog he'll let you know. LOL!

I am currently looking into different places to do the ultrasound. Everything in my area is so expensive, so I may be traveling to NH or ME to have it done. All the while I'm trying to find a new job so I can actually afford the ultrasound and whatever the hell else needs to be done. I hate job hunting. I hate sick dogs.
SisMorphine

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health