Getting a dog tested, hips, knees and heart...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 1:54 pm

Also...

You say you offered healty sheltered dogs? What are their parents names so I can make sure? I mean if you can't offer me any evidence that the dog is healty, why should I look into the dog? Its not helping the breed if its not healthy.....

^^^ Thats not me at all or the way I think, but its sound like alot of other peoples words I've been hearing lately.
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby bustersmama » April 13th, 2006, 1:56 pm

crimsonandwhite wrote:look...its simple...its was his decision and his money...not yours...he wasnt stringing anyone on...you dont know anything about the dogs that he has taken frazer to see...so dont act like you do...and try not to post smartass comments...it just shows your intelligence...next time you call someone a phony you should look in the mirror...cause if you really are a dog lover you would be happy that zach got a dog that he AND frazer likes...hell, be happy that he adopted frazer...i havent adopted a dog in my life...but the way you act i dont know if i ever want to for fear of being reprimanded for buying one...

How do YOU know who he was in "talks" with about getting a dog? I am thinking, unless your the mouse in his pocket, you had NO access to my PM's with him?

Smart ass comments is what I do. :wink:

Who are YOU anyways?
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby crimsonandwhite » April 13th, 2006, 1:57 pm

good point..let me get the names of the sires and dames..
crimsonandwhite
Just Whelped

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 2:00 pm

crimsonandwhite wrote:good point..let me get the names of the sires and dames..

you go do that :D

cause the guy is at work now
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby crimsonandwhite » April 13th, 2006, 2:08 pm

i live with zach...and frazer and lucy...he sent me pics of every dog that was looking at or found on the net...i looked as well...and its obvious that you are good at the fanny comments...i am someone who has been interested in the breed and want to learn more about them...especially since im frazers favorite play toy...so therefore i thought i would join this forum with the intent to learn about them and hopefully get frazer to calm down some so i can watch a movie in peace...im also a person who has had several labs...labs that are bought from what you say is a byb...so im the devil...thats who i am...i buy dogs from supposed byb instead of the reputable breeders i thought they were...
crimsonandwhite
Just Whelped

Postby bustersmama » April 13th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Oh, and here is what I think a reputable breeder is

http://pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... ad6cf168c4
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby crimsonandwhite » April 13th, 2006, 2:16 pm

based on that lucy fits all of those requirements...so where is your arguement about lucy, her parents, or the people that own them???you have none...you just assumed that the person that bred them didnt know as much about pits as you...i think you owe zach an apology...you should think before you post...i think you jumped the gun a little to early...
crimsonandwhite
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » April 13th, 2006, 2:23 pm

What breeder was she purchased from? I'm sorry but if I am purchasing a dog I want MORE than just their word that they did things right, I want proof. Here is a list of health reasons for NOT breeding according to the COE. Did they do ALL of these tests before breeding? Did they do any?

a) OFA hip ratings below fair
b) OFA elbow ratings that indicated elbow dysplasia
c) PennHip ratings that show abnormal joint laxity
d) thyroids that do not test normal; thyroids that test TgAA positive
e) hearts that are not found to be clear of murmurs or other abnormalities upon examination with a Doppler (ultrasound) exam by a Board Certified Cardiologist
f) positive tests for Spincerebellar/Hereditary Ataxia
g) positive tests for PRA
h) positive tests for any other hereditary/congenital/genetic disease

Note 3) No dog that has ever been diagnosed with a hereditary/congenital skin disease (including demodectic mange) shall ever be bred. A dog with chronic health problems (such as skin allergies) and/or weaknesses, and/or immune weakness shall never be bred. A dog that has torn anterior cruxiate cigaments (ACL) shall never be bred unless the torn ligaments were damaged because of conceivable stress and/or injury which indicate normal environmental causes and not hereditary/congenital/genetic weakness.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby bustersmama » April 13th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Um..

can I get a website link?

What titles do they have and what are the names of the Sire and Dam?

I will give Zach an apology when I see proof of all that you are saying.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 2:25 pm

I am over this, if people that alreayd ran over me once would stop I'd like to move on. Again you guys (not Chris) don't know me, if for whatever reason you got hurt or feel I am a bad person over this then thats okay and lets move on. I am so tired of this....

All the effort some put into bashing me over this one little dog is crazy, think of all th other good things you could be doing instead of bashing me. Its too late and whats done is done. I was banned for no good reason on pitbullforum and that to me was more than enough and if I could log back on (and I may) I may not be so nice. I feel like I 've been ran over by a train and you guys won't stop its crazy...hell go yell at all those other "blue" owners showing off their dogs over there in the picture forum and get the %^&$ off my back cause I am tired.
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 2:27 pm

bustersmama wrote:Um..

can I get a website link?

What titles do they have and what are the names of the Sire and Dam?

I will give Zach an apology when I see proof of all that you are saying.

I don' know there names I'll have to hear back from the owner. I have posted all I know.

AND

to tell you the truth, I don't want and will not take an apology. Kinda hard to apologize after the person you're talking to hase been ran over so many times. I'll PM you there names, but lets let this die. Not like an apology from you means squat now..I see the type person you are. You guys are soo gung ho over this you'd rather see me killed and someone kill my pup just because I got her.
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » April 13th, 2006, 2:31 pm

a great website to go on for an example to see how the breeding dogs are titled prior to being bred is http://www.hartagold.com just look at the titles on the breeding dogs that are there.. if a breeder is to breed for the betterment of the breed, he/she better title their dogs to the hilt and do all necessary health checks prior to breeding..

as far as rescue dogs go- yes, there are some rescue dogs that can develop problems health wise, and there are some that wont.. there are also breeder dogs that will or will not develop health problems. the difference is the breeder will NEVER take back a dog with health problems, and if they do they will either kill the dog when it comes back or sell it again to someone else who doesnt know any better..

rescue dogs are evaluated for their temperment, and all rescue dogs come from a breeder somewhere that doesnt care who got the dog or where the dog wound up.. every pit bull in a shelter came from a breeder somewhere..
the funny part is there is a katrina pit bull that is tattooed with her breeders number on her thigh, and when the breeder was called to get the dog they didnt want the dog.. nice breeder huh?

if you get a dog from a breeder who is not reputable, if something is healthwise wrong with your dog they wont take the dog back..

if you get a dog from a rescue that for some reason doesnt work out, the dog must be returned to the rescue... no matter what... rescues take more responsibility for the breeder smurf ups then the actual breeder who bred the dogs parents.

rescues will not adopt out a dog on the spot. home checks, vet checks, reference checks, phone interviews, all must be done to ensure the dog is going to a stellar home..

now, when lucy matures at 2 years old there is the 50-50 chance that lucy might decide she doesnt like frazer anymore... are you wiling to separate/crate/rotate 24/7 if lucy or frazer decide they hate each other?

rescue dogs are watched for temperment, health issues, and live in foster homes .. breeder dogs are born in kennels, then get sold at anywhere from 4-12 weeks..
if a breeder has a pup for over 3 months question WHY... why cant that breeder sell that pup ??? what is wrong with the dog???

we can all have a nice debate without getting upset..

if people apply to rescues to adopt they must understand that rescues take the proper precautions to ensure the dog gets a forever home.. so dont be mad if the rescues took a little longer then a breeder did..

AND< if a breeder says the parents are health tested and passed ask for the proof in writing of a copy of the health reports ..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 2:33 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:What breeder was she purchased from? I'm sorry but if I am purchasing a dog I want MORE than just their word that they did things right, I want proof. Here is a list of health reasons for NOT breeding according to the COE. Did they do ALL of these tests before breeding? Did they do any?

a) OFA hip ratings below fair
b) OFA elbow ratings that indicated elbow dysplasia
c) PennHip ratings that show abnormal joint laxity
d) thyroids that do not test normal; thyroids that test TgAA positive
e) hearts that are not found to be clear of murmurs or other abnormalities upon examination with a Doppler (ultrasound) exam by a Board Certified Cardiologist
f) positive tests for Spincerebellar/Hereditary Ataxia
g) positive tests for PRA
h) positive tests for any other hereditary/congenital/genetic disease

Note 3) No dog that has ever been diagnosed with a hereditary/congenital skin disease (including demodectic mange) shall ever be bred. A dog with chronic health problems (such as skin allergies) and/or weaknesses, and/or immune weakness shall never be bred. A dog that has torn anterior cruxiate cigaments (ACL) shall never be bred unless the torn ligaments were damaged because of conceivable stress and/or injury which indicate normal environmental causes and not hereditary/congenital/genetic weakness.

I don't know (Like I've said elsewhere)

I looked at MANY sheltered dogs, thats al I know. I don't know about what to ask or do when looking at breeders I was never into that and yeah that might hurt me in the end may not. I just heard about this dog and went and saw i the next day pretty much, it wasn't some palnned deal.
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » April 13th, 2006, 2:33 pm

I'm not bashing you, I asked you a question. :|

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » April 13th, 2006, 2:35 pm

You guys are soo gung ho over this you'd rather see me killed and someone kill my pup just because I got her.

That's kind of off the wall don't you think?

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 2:38 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I'm not bashing you, I asked you a question. :|

Well like I've said pr tried to point out. I didn't ask about anything, her parents are of normal size and she is too and they all looked healty. Thats all I know. I just called today and asked him if they were health tested and he said yes. Thats where I am now. :| Shes as healthy as Frazer is I know that much.

I am almost bashproof, I believe my skin is a solid 8" thick right now...might be 10" by tommorow. :P
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 2:41 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
You guys are soo gung ho over this you'd rather see me killed and someone kill my pup just because I got her.

That's kind of off the wall don't you think?

Nope...thats how you feel when so many people jump on you at one time....like I don't have enough to worry about in my life I get this lovely bonus of gettting raped on a dog forum...thats why this is getting old fast.

and if you think thats a bit off the wall then you can obviously see I am not handling the bashing to well (well a few days ago) so why do people keep trying to cut me down? Its been done so people continue to bash...hmmm seems like they are having too much fun.

I just want to join a good forum, ask questions about how to raise my dogs correctly and help other people when I can...thats it. :|
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 2:51 pm

[quote="Maryellen"][/quote]

Maryellen, my girl Lucy is just assured to be in as good a health as those fostser/rescue dogs you mentioned if not more. Why?

She was born on Dec, 6th 2005 and I got her last Friday night thats 4 months old. I have her complete doctor records on hand to prove whats been done she is even microchipped. She lived with people who feed her well and she lives with her parents dog and human. This was the peoples first litter and they have yet to have another. They all looked healthy and lived in the house and had a big big yard. Everything looked good to me and well upkept.

My dog Frazer is a sheltered dog, left to die full of mange at 3mo and I got him at 5 months. There is no way in the world I could be convinced my female is not atleast as healthy as Frazer is now...not when he was 5 months old cause I know she is alot healthier than he was when I first got him cause I had to get him treated still.

She is of normal size 25lbs, but holds her ow nwith him very very well. She does not appear to be weak in any way or have any issues of any kind.

I plan to keep both my dogs till the day the pass. I will never breed them and I plan to get Lucy fixed asap. I have both dogs for pets and thats it.

This is all I know :|
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » April 13th, 2006, 2:59 pm

requote what you did as it didnt come out andits blank...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Maryellen wrote:
rescue dogs are watched for temperment, health issues, and live in foster homes .. breeder dogs are born in kennels, then get sold at anywhere from 4-12 weeks..
if a breeder has a pup for over 3 months question WHY... why cant that breeder sell that pup ??? what is wrong with the dog???

ZachMan
Just Whelped

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health