OMG a $10 increase????

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Timberwolf used to be priced right.. i just went on their site and they increased their prices $10 for each bag of food.. WTF??????????????? the ocean blue i used to pay $43 for, now its $52 and change?????? all the foods have been increased by at least $10 on the price of the foods.. i am in shock..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » April 10th, 2006, 1:42 pm

yup, I noticed it last week.

It's more likely a business move to recoup the losses they took over the last year from the lost customers because they wouldn't answer or return calls, and shipments weren't arriving, people just switched.

I see them as either getting so out of hand they lose all of their business, or someone buying them out and putting it into a more ideal pricing bracket.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 1:44 pm

well, they lost me as a customer, every time i emailed them i got that stupid automated response, and when i emailed the address on the response for help, i got yet another automated response.. now this raising the food $10 just confirmed that i will be a california natural buyer now..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pocketpit » April 10th, 2006, 1:52 pm

ME what do you think of the California Natural? I've got Brooks on it and I was feeding it to Crash for a while. I've yet to find anyone else who's feeding it.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » April 10th, 2006, 1:52 pm

Interestingly enough, they have also started to sell their stuff in "up-scale" pet stores. They never used to do that. Now distributors are able to get a hold of it....I can walk in to the store I normally go to, and there it is on the shelf...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 1:55 pm

i love it. it is so far helping with jesse's food allergies, she is on the herring and sweet potato. i put all 3 dogs on it, the kibble is larger, but they are doing great on it, no eye boogies, no rubbing/scratching/rubbing face/chewing feet/pacing...

so far i like it, and the price is right, it cost me $20.99 for a 20lb bag.

how do you like it?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 10th, 2006, 1:56 pm

California Natural is one of the samples I got - I got samples of the Lamb & Rice and Chicken & Rice...Inara hasn't tried them yet, but she has yet to find a food she doesn't like! So this is a good one???
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 2:01 pm

i use the herring and sweet potato due to jesse's allergies as she cant have rice.. so far i would say yes, its been a week and the results for her are great. , and rufus's fur is actually softer now then on the TW.. and sonny is doing good too, and i noticed their poops are smaller too... no more horse size poops
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 10th, 2006, 2:07 pm

ME, I sent you a PM...I feel so top secret with all the initials...
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pocketpit » April 10th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Brooks is on the lamb and rice and Crash had the chicken and rice. Both of them loved it but my dogs are all food whores so I don't have to worry if they are actually going to eat something or not!
Brook's poops are smaller (didn't notice much of a difference with Crash) and I think her breath is a tad better.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 10th, 2006, 2:18 pm

rufus's breath is getting better on it too... the others never really had bad breath... and, i noticed that the poop dries up faster, the other day i was picking it up and i noticed that some were crumbling to white powdery stuff..which i was surprised at, but as i was picking it all up i noticed after that alot of it was turning into a white powder, and i pick up the poop every 3 days.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Jesseca » April 10th, 2006, 7:43 pm

Before my lab passed away, he was on California Natural and loved it. My cats are on the feline version too and I think they look great. Summer liked it, but it gave her awful gas so I don't know :| Of course, everything I've noticed gives her gas, so :|
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby turtle » April 11th, 2006, 2:36 am

I noticed that big increase last week. Ouch!

But my dog loves the food... I have to order it so I'm not thrilled. But a 33 pound bag lasts me about 6 months with feeding one 50 pound dog who gets half raw. (The raw costs me much less so it helps a lot) So I guess I'll have to cough up the extra $$ when the time comes to order a new bag.

I wish I had a local seller, that would make it easier. But the Timberwolf company is not very responsive to inquiries so what can ya do? I could see a $5 hike but $10 is close to a 20% increase.

This seller is in Rhode Island and his prices are good if you are not too far and can use 2 big bags for TW:

http://alpha-nutrition.site.yahoo.net/tiorikisu.html

I posted his site in a separate thread, too. He's selling the 33 pound bags for from $41.99 for one bag and $78.98 for two bags for the Ocean Blue, Bison, and Elk, that's a pretty good deal!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 13th, 2006, 5:54 pm

timberwolf finally responded to me, note they didnt answer my questions about why it took 2 weeks to get food, or why i never got a response to any of my questions:

Thank you for contacting us to voice your concerns over our price
increases. I am you have waited to hear back from us we are
answering emails on a first come basis and did not mean to leave you
unattended.

We certainly appreciate your consternation as we too feel it when we
purchase our raw ingredients for our products to be made. It would
seem that everything is going up in price and that begins with
commodities. It is quite disconcerting that almost each time we
place orders for our meats, meals, grains, rice, herbs, oils etc the
prices have gone up even though we buy in such bulk that you would
expect the prices to be considerably lower. We recently moved to a
new printed bag which originally (as you may remember) were a generic
bag with a sticker. In order for our products to be placed on the
shelves in retail stores this was a necessity, unfortunately the
costs involved just with packaging are quite astronomical.
Warehousing (real estate) has also increased as has base utilities
that are also required and I am quite sure it has not escaped your
notice that gas prices have just skyrocketed in the last couple of
years and that affects transportation of our products from
procurement of raw ingredients to shipping finished products into our
warehousing. We have held down our prices just as long as we could
but finally have been forced to make the adjustment. However please
note that we now have free shipping for orders over $12.00 although
in many cases as in shipping to say California it actually costs us
much more proportionately.

I am very sorry that we have lost you as a customer and hope that one
day you will return to the fold. Unfortunately the cost of a quality
product is just so much more than the costs of mediocre products and
our products are of the highest quality in the industry.

Kind regards
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 13th, 2006, 7:19 pm

If they are offering free shipping, doesn't that even out the cost?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » April 13th, 2006, 7:36 pm

if they really did.. the website still shows the shipping charges.... andthe prices are not supposed to go into effect until may 1st, yet the website shows the new prices now...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby turtle » April 13th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Wow, that seems rather unfair! To say you won't charge to the new higher prices until May 1st, yet here is it April 13th and those new prices are right up there on the web site.

And I saw no mention of free shipping? Free shipping would help a lot! Sigh, I like the food but...
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby rockermom » April 14th, 2006, 10:03 am

Maryellen- Darn this stinks. With all your talk of timberwolf I had been thinking of sitching just for the hell of it. Onne of your postings I compared Timberwolf to the Fromm line of four star nutritionals. My dad had to once buy it since they were out of what he used and we looked at the ingredients. Has some good stuff. Not sure if it has anything your dogs are alergic too. I know there is a small store in W.M. that I buy Fromm. I use the regular Gold. This four star stuff is more expensive than the Gold but I guess it is worth a look. http://www.frommfamily.com/products_fou ... salmon.asp
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » April 14th, 2006, 10:07 am

Actualy I just noticed on their site there are stores right in your area that carry different lines of Fromm.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 14th, 2006, 12:11 pm

That is so wierd as a few weeks ago where I buy it the price went down UUUGH.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Next

Return to Nutrition & Health