Innova Evo

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby odnarb » March 20th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Anyone here used it? I'm currently using Canidae. I don't plan to feed Evo excludsively, but I bought a bag to mix for Harry since he's such a hard keeper. Grant isn't the easiest himself, but now that he's almost five he's actually able to keep weight on.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 20th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Ruby was on it for about 8 months.

She did very well. I had blood work done at the beginning and then about 6 months later and everything was fine. There was a thread at PBF about it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby odnarb » March 20th, 2006, 7:11 pm

mnp13 wrote:Ruby was on it for about 8 months.

She did very well. I had blood work done at the beginning and then about 6 months later and everything was fine. There was a thread at PBF about it.

I read that thread, and was hoping to get more feedback on longer-term feeding.

Curious, why did you stop feeding it?
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » March 20th, 2006, 7:44 pm

I had my pup on it for a few months to help her gain weight. I mixed it with a dry puppy food, as well (there are mixed opinions about whether it can be fed alone or not...I know it worked well for Ruby - Michelle's dog, but other people have said not to do it...I think it depends on the dog). My pup did okay with it, though I was never thrilled with her poop (solidity, smell, etc)...

I switched because I actually found some other foods that I was more impressed with...specifically: Timberwolf Organics Wild and Natural Formula, and Artemis Power 6 formula....
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Maryellen » March 20th, 2006, 9:34 pm

i had my 3 on evo for a short while and they didnt do good on it.. my 11 year old has kidney problems and the food shot up his readings, and the other 2 didnt do so well so i took them all off and went back tothe timberwolf..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 10:10 pm

Both the Grey rescues and Pit rescue I have worked with use it to put weight on dogs. My aunt uses it for her shepherds. Her older one is kinda heavy, though. But she's probably just feeding too much.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » March 20th, 2006, 10:25 pm

odnarb wrote:I read that thread, and was hoping to get more feedback on longer-term feeding.

Curious, why did you stop feeding it?

Connor wasn't doing well on it. We tried really hard to find a food that worked for Ruby and Connor both but I think it's finally time to give in and accept that they need to be on different food.

Ruby was on it for about 9 months total.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » March 20th, 2006, 10:41 pm

I've been using it since it came out. Both of my dogs have excellent poop and great coat. They eat 2 - 2.5 cups day. I usually throw in a raw egg as well. They love it.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby rotten1 » March 21st, 2006, 5:06 pm

I use it when I am back and forthe between states and I don't thaw my food in time or I spaced out. (wish I had through of the tub-thawing!! Could have killed two birds with one stone, taken my evening bath and then tossed my dog's food in to thaw it- just kidding).

But I do feed my cat and my lkitten the EVO and keep a bag on hand for my dogs for energencies or brain farts. When I travel I also use it. my female was refusing raw for a while (she does it about 2x per year right before I left for vacation in Jan. I left the Evo for her and she looked great. I have two colleagues who are canine nutritionist who sell a ton of it. I have used the Nartura-products in the past (long before the evo came out) on both my dogs (before I fed raw) and on fosters (both cal nat and innova).

I often suggest it for clients whose dogs are refusing food as well
rotten1
Just Whelped

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 21st, 2006, 8:22 pm

I just started mine on it, they like it, and I feed less than with the old food. They aren't picky on the front end, but the back end....I was tired of mountains of poop!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health