Dentures?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 6th, 2006, 11:32 pm

So my 4-month old pup Inara is losing her baby teeth at a fairly rapid rate. Within the past few days she's lost about 4 (that I know of!). This is my first pup, so bear with me if this is a silly question, but is it normal for them to go so quickly? At this rate, she'll be gumming her food because she won't have any teeth! Should I try to keep her tugging on toys to a minimum? Or am I worrying unnecessarily? There's blood all over her favorite stuffed toy. *shaking head* She's crazy. :dogRun:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » March 7th, 2006, 12:00 am

I thought this was pretty normal? :| We had a few bloody toys when Oscar was little. I assume the teeth fall out because new ones are on their way in pretty quick?

ok, so that probably didn't help
:oops:

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » March 7th, 2006, 12:12 am

but is it normal for them to go so quickly

Yes it is. It is normal at that age & normal for them to lose more than one at a time. They can get pretty snaggle toothed & funny looking but before you know it those needle teeth will be gone & they will have a new set of choppers to terrorize you with.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 14th, 2006, 10:41 pm

So my girl was just chewing on something - I pried her mouth open expecting to find carpet/lint/stuffing from a stuffie/anything else she shouldn't have. What do I find? She'd lost a tooth (a molar, I think) and was chewing on it. Ew. Gross. :eekHair: Only a pit would use a tooth as chewing gum.
pitbullmamaliz

Postby mnp13 » March 14th, 2006, 10:47 pm

We were working a few puppies this weekend, and one of them lost four teeth that we found. It was gross.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » March 14th, 2006, 10:59 pm

I kept a few lost puppy teeth from my dog, am I gross :rolleyes2:
:lol:

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 14th, 2006, 11:51 pm

I called my hubby at work and told him - he told me to save it. I asked if I should put it under her blankie for the puppy tooth fairy. He just wants to see it though. *shaking head*

:-)
pitbullmamaliz

Return to Nutrition & Health