Michael Vick Documentary

Postby LMM » August 27th, 2008, 5:04 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I have talked to a couple of people ( NON Pit bull owners) who won't watch it because they are not wanting to see the dog fighting clips. That is a shame because it ended with a good message & people are going to miss out on it.

I'm not being funny when I ask this but are the fights peppered throughout the documentary or is that more in the beginning?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby cheekymunkee » August 27th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Mostly in the beginning ( I think the last time I turned my face was at the 37 minute mark, include commercial breaks in that) but there was a bit at the end also.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pmashaney81 » August 27th, 2008, 9:23 pm

It was much more mellow and less disturbing that the Off the Chain documentary.

Except for the PETA presence, I was pleased with the overall message.
Judge the deed, not the breed.

Jezebelle (AmStaff/Catahoula Cur) - b. 08/05/07
Justus (AmStaff/American Bulldog) - b. 08/09/07
Shelby - (APBT) - Rescue
Evie (Chihuahua) - b. 12/24/04
Percival - Rescued Kitty of mass proportions :)
pmashaney81
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby KimJay Pits » August 28th, 2008, 10:41 am

cheekymunkee wrote:I have talked to a couple of people ( NON Pit bull owners) who won't watch it because they are not wanting to see the dog fighting clips. That is a shame because it ended with a good message & people are going to miss out on it.

Yep so true and I think the message would not have been as powerful if the dog fighting footage was not on there. I found myself turning my head a few times but I think it needed to be on there . Again I hated to see it but sometimes I think the public needs to see the truth in the raw and see that these dogs are not monsters and what hell they went/ go through...JMO. I think it made some people see them as living creatures and not the viscious fighting machines that the media portrays them as.
Oh and big ups to Animal Planet and Bad Rap..I think Bad Rap did the most wonderful job in representing the breed and the truth!!
Kim

Home Of:
The spoiled rotten heathens!

Friends don't let friends drink decaf!
KimJay Pits
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pocketpit » August 28th, 2008, 2:27 pm

Basically it was the same fight footage just shown over and over again and the clips were kept short. Heck, one pair of dogs they kept repeatedly showing were not even really fighting though it was obvious their owners wanted them too. With the exception of one fight scene I thought most of the fight footage was rather mild.
I find the idea that people deliberately encourage their dogs to maim one another more disturbing. But they didn't really cover that in depth like Off The Chain did.
I also have issues with the PETA and HSUS ties but overall thought the show wasn't bad.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » August 28th, 2008, 6:28 pm

I got my mom to watch. I warned her about the first half and told her not get scared. I called her half way thru to see if she was still watching and she was doing better than I. I just stayed on the computer and listened to it. I couldn't watch. She watched the whole thing and said it was very interesting to her. This just makes her even more in love with Gotty and Kinzyl and less scared of the breed. All she ever knew of was the negative.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby LMM » August 28th, 2008, 9:20 pm

Ok, I just watched it. Aside from gnashing the shyt out of my teeth in the beginning, I really liked it. I swear to goodness though, when they were showing all the fights in the beginning I have never had such an overwhelming urge to kick someone's (or alot of someones) nutsack straight up into their esophagus :x Those people circling around those dogs egging them on infuriated me like nothing else.

I always love hearing from BADRAP and seeing Leo and Uba and Johnny Justice again made me grin like a fool. I shed a couple tears because it's just so hard to think about, the damage that is caused by dogfighting but overall I think it was a really good message.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Previous

Return to Michael Vick