Damn It!!! Phil

Postby Pit♥bull » February 2nd, 2010, 10:33 am

http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article ... er-winter/

For those that live in cold weather regions, the power that Punxsutawney Phil holds in his hands, can be crushing.

Afterall, who wants six more weeks of winter?

Well, America's most famous rodent predictor, told us just that today, reportedly seeing his shadow Tuesday, signaling six more weeks of the cold stuff.

Emerging from his ceremonial tree stump at Gobbler's Knob in Pennsylvania, Phil gave the news to a cheering crowd who was eagerly awaiting his annual prediction.

The tradition, dates back to early settlers from Germany who came to Pennsylvania. However, some say that it dates back to medieval times when there was a superstition that all hibernating animals emerged from their caves and dens to check the weather on Candlemas — halfway between the winter solstice in December and the vernal equinox in March.

In the 2010 edition of Groundhog day, Phil saw his shadow, which is the 99th time that the furry guy has forecasted more winter, according to groundhog.org, the official Web site of the groundhog club in Punxsutawney.

Most hope that Phil won't see his shadow. However, the lack of shadow has only happened 15 times in Phil's history, according to the club's website. No shadow, of course, means that spring is around the corner.

Despite Phil's predictions getting more media coverage than some worldly events, they don't mean squat to what actually happens in the atmosphere.

In fact, according to CNN meteorologist Chad Meyers citing stormfax.com, Phil is correct 39 percent of the time.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » February 2nd, 2010, 3:25 pm

Phil is correct 39 percent of the time.

So 61% that he's wrong, I can work with that.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » February 2nd, 2010, 3:57 pm

Stoopit rodent. :nono:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » February 2nd, 2010, 3:58 pm

Big effin' shocker :rolleyes2:

Bastard.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TinaMartin » February 3rd, 2010, 11:13 am

Ummmmm...I LOVE SNOW! Sorry...
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » February 3rd, 2010, 11:21 am

TinaMartin wrote:Ummmmm...I LOVE SNOW! Sorry...
We only get rain :(
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TinaMartin » February 4th, 2010, 4:09 pm

I'm sorry. I will enjoy some beautiful snow for you!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » February 4th, 2010, 4:17 pm

TinaMartin wrote:I'm sorry. I will enjoy some beautiful snow for you!

:)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TinaMartin » February 8th, 2010, 10:36 am

Some nice fluffy fat flakes fell this weekend but most of it didnt stick around for long.
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » February 8th, 2010, 10:56 am

TinaMartin wrote:Some nice fluffy fat flakes fell this weekend but most of it didnt stick around for long.
I think it's on it's way now. :D
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TinaMartin » February 8th, 2010, 3:35 pm

WAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to All the news that's fit to print