Lily The Pooch Starts New Life After Brutal Abuse

Postby BigDogBuford » June 24th, 2009, 11:24 am

Photo of Lily in the article....she's super cute!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/48973896.html

SUMNER, Wash. -- These days, Lily's life is full of kisses, tail wagging and treats.

But less than two weeks ago, Lily was a starkly different animal.

"It was pretty intense," said veterinary technician Heather Watt. "She was bloody and she acted like her face hurt."

When Orting police brought Lily to the Sumner Veterinary Hospital, her front teeth were broken. Police said she'd been
beaten with a set of motorcycle handlebars. Her owner, Thomas Pettit, is in jail, charged with felony animal abuse.

But the cruelty hadn't darkened Lily's heart.

"She walked right up to us and was just kind of like, 'Thank goodness there's somebody here to save me,'" said Watt.

According to court documents, police officers found Lily in Pettit's garage looking "extremely disoriented and frightened."

Vets at the Sumner Veterinary, who were horrified to hear Lily's story, decided to absorb her medical and boarding bills.

"Society doesn't put up with it and we don't want to put up with it, so we do our part," said Dr. Kathy Sheeran, a veterinarian.

A Pierce County judge will decide Lily's future. She is not available for adoption at this time.

While her future is in limbo, for now, Lily has a family at the vet clinic.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Pit♥bull » June 24th, 2009, 11:31 am

Yea for
Vets at the Sumner Veterinary
:dance:

:goodthoughts: Coming for Lily :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » June 24th, 2009, 11:35 am

She IS cute! I'm so glad she's safe and for that vet office, good for them :)
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Return to All the news that's fit to print