Two More Puppy Mills Raided In My Area

Postby BigDogBuford » January 22nd, 2009, 3:09 pm

Not sure if the second one was a puppy mill or just a hoarder but two more in my area. *sigh*

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... cation=rss

200 dogs seized in 2 raids in Skagit County

About 200 dogs living in filthy conditions were seized in two separate raids by Skagit County deputies, police and volunteers.
MOUNT VERNON, Wash. —

About 200 dogs living in filthy conditions were seized in two separate raids by Skagit County deputies, police and volunteers.

The sheriff's office says about 150 dogs in need of better care were taken Wednesday from kennels on property near Mount Vernon where there were a total of 400 dogs. The dogs were mostly small breeds - Chihuahuas, poodles and terriers. Many were heavily matted and standing in their waste.

Seven dogs were found dead and four needed immediate veterinarian care. Some of the seized animals were taken to the Skagit Valley Fairgrounds for care.

In the second raid, about 40 dogs in dirty crates were seized from another residence near Mount Vernon.

The sheriff's office expects animal cruelty charges will be filed.

Copyright © 2009 The Seattle Times Company
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby LMM » January 22nd, 2009, 3:10 pm

It's just so never-ending :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenn » January 22nd, 2009, 3:46 pm

:(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby KJS » January 24th, 2009, 4:50 am

And as we speak somone new or somone just released is starting up again...because not enough people will completely boycott stores that sell animals...becuse not enough people can be convinced that just one puppy is a bad thing... :(
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Return to All the news that's fit to print