Hoarder Dies After Becoming Lost in Maze of His Own Trash

Postby Marinepits » January 8th, 2009, 6:11 pm

:shock:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477873,00.html

Hoarder Dies After Becoming Lost in Maze of His Own Trash

An eccentric loner in Britain hoarded so much trash he had to burrow through it to get around his home — then got lost in the maze of tunnels Friday and died of thirst.

Human mole Gordon Stewart, 74, had filled his rooms up to the ceiling with 10 years’ worth of garbage and clutter, making it impossible to walk around.

The compulsive hoarder is believed to have become disorientated inside the walls of rotting trash and unable to find a way out — then collapsed with dehydration.

Neighbors raised the alarm after failing to see him leave his house in Broughton, Bucks, for several days.

When cops arrived, the stench from the garbage was so foul they brought in a police diving team equipped with breathing apparatus.

It is believed they crawled around the tunnel network until they uncovered Stewart’s body.

A neighbor revealed: “A police officer said the interior was piled up with huge mounds of rotting rubbish and there was an elaborate network of tunnels to move around."

“They think Stewart may have got lost and died from dehydration.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 104946.ece

Human mole dies of thirst ... lost in his own tunnels of trash

AN eccentric loner hoarded so much rubbish he had to BURROW through it to get around his home — then got lost in the maze of tunnels and died of thirst.

Human mole Gordon Stewart, 74, had filled his rooms up to the ceiling with ten years’ worth of garbage and clutter, making it impossible to walk around.

The compulsive hoarder is believed to have become disorientated inside the walls of rotting trash and unable to find a way out — then collapsed with dehydration.

Neighbours raised the alarm after failing to see him leave his house in Broughton, Bucks, for several days.

When cops arrived, the stench from the rubbish was so foul they brought in a police diving team equipped with breathing apparatus.

It is believed they crawled around the tunnel network until they uncovered Mr Stewart’s body.
A neighbour revealed: “A police officer said the interior was piled up with huge mounds of rotting rubbish and there was an elaborate network of tunnels to move around.

“They think Mr Stewart may have got lost and died from dehydration.”

The pony-tailed loner was often seen riding his bike around the streets — bringing back cardboard boxes and bags full of rubbish.

Another neighbour said: “He was slightly eccentric, but very clever. He lived in his own world.”

Yesterday, full plastic bags could be seen piled in the front window.

Broken furniture, computer parts and an old TV covered the front lawn. A dust-covered car from the 1950s stood in the garage.

Neighbours said that Mr Stewart used to work as a joiner before retiring and settling into his bizarre lifestyle — but the council never stepped in.

One local said: “It’s very sad. It sounds like he died in an awful way. The Environmental Health people knew about the state of his home but I guess because he paid his bills and didn’t break the law they just left him alone.”

Mr Stewart, who was found last Friday, is believed to have no next of kin.

Thames Valley Police said there were no suspicious circumstances.

A post mortem revealed he died of natural causes.

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BigDogBuford » January 8th, 2009, 6:28 pm

Wow. That's all I got. Wow.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 8th, 2009, 7:00 pm

:o
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby delilahsmommy » January 8th, 2009, 7:06 pm

wow thats alot of trash.....
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 9th, 2009, 1:40 am

:shock:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby KJS » January 9th, 2009, 4:00 am

How awful that he had to die alone in this way... :(
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » January 9th, 2009, 5:49 am

people are so odd.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to All the news that's fit to print