Wife Number Five

Postby Marinepits » December 17th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Damn, women can be STUPID when it comes to men. :nono:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,468348,00.html

Drew Peterson Gets Engaged While Still Married to Missing Wife

The ex-cop who is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife and whose third wife died suspiciously in a bathtub is planning to walk down the aisle for a fifth time.

Drew Peterson, 54, is engaged again, his lawyer and publicist confirmed Wednesday to FOXNews.com.

Though Peterson is still married to his fourth wife, Stacy, who was 23 when she disappeared last year, he has found a new 23-year-old fiancée, he told "Drew Peterson Exposed" author Derek Armstrong Tuesday.

"The kids have met her," said Armstrong. "They like her and they know about this engagement."

Peterson has two young children, Anthony, 6, and Lacy, 4, with Stacy Peterson. The missing mom's family contends she is dead.

"Oh my God, I’m speechless," Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family told FOXNews.com when informed of Drew Peterson's engagement. "History repeats itself, so I imagine that that’s the same situation he had before: He’d be involved with somebody when he was getting rid of the one before."

Armstrong said the new fiancée, whom Peterson refused to identify, lives within 15 minutes of Peterson's Bolingbrook, Ill., home. He said the couple have been dating about four months. Lawyer Joel Brodsky and publicist Glenn Selig did not identify the woman either.

Selig said the engagement happened "sometime within the last couple of days."

A sticking point for Peterson is that he is currently married.

"This is not uncommon for Drew," said Selig. "When he was married to Kathleen still, he was in the process of divorcing Kathleen when he proposed to Stacy. He’s done this before and, you know, he seems very happy."

Earlier this year, Peterson met with high-profile Chicago attorney Jeffery M. Leving, a lawyer in the Elian Gonzalez case, to see what his rights to a split might be.

Leving told FOXNews.com that Peterson had not yet filed for divorce.

Desertion for at least one year is grounds for divorce under Illinois law -- though Peterson, as the divorce petitioner, would have to show he wasn't at fault for causing his wife to leave, Leving said.

Peterson has been at the center of the investigation into the whereabouts of his wife, who vanished on Oct. 28, 2007.

After Stacy's disappearance, the body of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was exhumed, and her 2004 bathtub drowning was re-labeled a homicide.

Earlier this year, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow issued a statement about the Savio and Stacy Peterson cases, indicating that a special grand jury is still weighing evidence in both.

"I fully expect there to be a resolution in at least one of these investigations in the near future," Glasgow said.

Stacy Peterson's family is pinning its hopes on that resolution.

"You’ve just got to stay focused on the investigation and hope that as the Illinois state prosecutor said, that they’ll have [it] resolved soon," Bosco said.

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BigDogBuford » December 17th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Wow. That's all I got.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby LMM » December 17th, 2008, 3:33 pm

I feel so bad for those kids.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Malli » December 17th, 2008, 3:38 pm

holy crap I didn't know the man had had 3 other wives...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 17th, 2008, 5:26 pm

:confused:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » December 17th, 2008, 8:51 pm

Women always think that they are the one who will change a guy even though he has a LONG pattern of behavior behind him.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby delilahsmommy » December 17th, 2008, 9:09 pm

no comment.....all i think is profanity
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby KJS » December 18th, 2008, 3:26 am

Has anyone at least tried to explain to the "New Love" that she will probably end up dead when her time is up and its time for him to find a new one again....maybe Dr Phil can help her? :rolleyes2:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Return to All the news that's fit to print