Anytime / New York or Conneticut to Maryland / one dog

Posts for transport help should all go here. Please title all threads as follows:
Date, Transport start/end, number of dogs
Example:
04/25/2008, Buffalo NY / Boston MA, 4 dogs

All posts should include contact information for the transport coordinator. Please don't post your offer to help on the forum, though we'd love to know if you are helping. Be sure to post pictures from your transport legs!

Postby mnp13 » September 19th, 2008, 12:35 pm

Alice needs a ride to her new home so she can begin training as a service dog!

She is headed to Maryland to stay with Erin (TheRedQueen) until she is placed with one of Fido's foster care/training homes.

She is currently in the Utica, NY area, and needs to get to Erin in Maryland.

I can bring her to Enfield, CT the first weekend in October if someone is going to the show and can give her a ride to (or part way to) her new home.

She is about 50 pounds, rides well in the car and is used to riding loose, but has no issues with riding in a crate. She will not be coming with a crate, but will have collars, paperwork, food, etc. She is very submissive and gets along fine with most dogs. She is a submissive pee-er, but has no other fear related issues... so she's an easy one to travel with!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » September 21st, 2008, 4:31 pm

please please please please please

can anyone help?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » September 21st, 2008, 9:06 pm

I am balls to the wall booked solid until October 19th with the Renaissance Faire.

After that date, I can pick her up in Enfield and bring her down to New York area.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby LMM » September 22nd, 2008, 9:20 am

I'm planning a trip to VA and would be happy to take her but I'm not going until October. I don't know what your timeframe is.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » September 22nd, 2008, 9:56 am

when in October?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » September 22nd, 2008, 10:30 am

I don't have definite dates yet but probably the weekend before Halloween weekend.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » September 22nd, 2008, 11:01 am

Well, I will take you up on that offer! YAY!

I'm most likely bringing Alice back with me after the Enfield show, so she'll be at our house on the 5th. Whenever you're ready to go, she will be too!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » September 22nd, 2008, 11:18 am

Where in MD does she need to be? *praying it's not the Eastern Shore or something like that*
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LaylaWoobie » September 22nd, 2008, 11:48 am

mnp13 wrote:Well, I will take you up on that offer! YAY!

I'm most likely bringing Alice back with me after the Enfield show, so she'll be at our house on the 5th. Whenever you're ready to go, she will be too!

if Jen is taking her to MD, why would you take her to Enfield with you? or are you just picking her up on your way back from the show at Teales?
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 22nd, 2008, 11:53 am

Yes, I would pick her up on the way back from Enfield! You so smart. :rolleyes2: :wink:

I have no idea where in Maryland, it's a little state. :|

:D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » September 22nd, 2008, 12:08 pm

mnp13 wrote:Yes, I would pick her up on the way back from Enfield! You so smart. :rolleyes2: :wink:

I have no idea where in Maryland, it's a little state. :|

:D

WOMAN! :mad2:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » September 22nd, 2008, 1:44 pm

Right next to Baltimore...straight down I-95 or I-83...we're on the west side of Baltimore...

I can also meet you at Fidos, which is directly off of I-95, between Baltimore and DC. :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LMM » September 22nd, 2008, 2:21 pm

Sweet, I drive right through B-more on my trip :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » September 22nd, 2008, 2:31 pm

LMM wrote:Sweet, I drive right through B-more on my trip :D

Yup, we're convenient! And when I say that I'm west of B-more, I don't expect you to drive out of your way...I'll meet you off of I-95 if that's they way you come down... 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » September 22nd, 2008, 2:35 pm

:confetti: :confetti: :confetti:

Transport is set!

:confetti: :confetti: :confetti:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » September 23rd, 2008, 10:00 am

Ok, I just looked at the dates and it would be the weekend of October 10-12th. I'd be leaving on the 9th in the afternoon. I hope that works.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » September 23rd, 2008, 2:39 pm

Shoot...I'll be in WV for a wedding that weekend. I'll have to find someone to snag her from you that weekend.

Or...when would your ETA be in this area...I'll be at Fidos on Friday night.

TheRedQueen

Postby LMM » September 23rd, 2008, 2:41 pm

I'd be coming through the area Thursday the 9th. Will you be in WV before or after that? If after, then we can still meet up. If before, maybe we can board her one night if you can't find someone to get her from me?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » September 23rd, 2008, 2:45 pm

Sorry! Helps if I look at a calendar while I'm typing! :doh:

Yeah, I'll be around on Thursday...that would be perfect, as I can take her with me to WV on Saturday (I'm already taking a bunch of other dogs...we're headed to a farm with fence acreage)...or find a Vacation Home Provider through FFF.

TheRedQueen

Postby LMM » September 23rd, 2008, 3:04 pm

Just to warn you, it will be late Thursday probably around 10ish. I am leaving a little early from work that afternoon but won't get on the road until 4.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Next

Return to Transport