The Movie Thread

Grab some popcorn and watch a few flicks!

Postby DemoDick » March 7th, 2008, 7:18 pm

On March 07 2008, 19:10, maberi wrote:Thanks for the heads up I didn't like Unforgiven either

I've seen the 1960s version of the Magnificent Seven, is there a new one out?

On March 07 2008, DemoDick wrote:
On March 07 2008, 19:00, maberi wrote:Has anyone seen the Assassination of Jesse James?

I'm trying to find a decent movie to watch tonight since it is snowing like crazy outside

Just watched it, didn't like it. It's a western along the lines of Unforgiven, which I didn't like either. Casey Affleck was good though.

If you want a Western get The Magnificent Seven.

Demo Dick

No, I was talking about the original.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby maberi » March 7th, 2008, 7:20 pm

Without a doubt one of the best cowboy flicks ever. I just saw it again for the 12th time a few weeks back when I was stuck in PA

On March 07 2008, 19:10, maberi wrote:Thanks for the heads up I didn't like Unforgiven either

On March 07 2008, 19:00, maberi wrote:Has anyone seen the Assassination of Jesse James?

I'm trying to find a decent movie to watch tonight since it is snowing like crazy outside

Just watched it, didn't like it. It's a western along the lines of Unforgiven, which I didn't like either. Casey Affleck was good though.

Demo Dick

Demo Dick
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby DemoDick » March 8th, 2008, 5:23 am

On March 07 2008, 19:20, maberi wrote:Without a doubt one of the best cowboy flicks ever. I just saw it again for the 12th time a few weeks back when I was stuck in PA

Demo Dick

Demo Dick

I own the DVD special edition and have seen it hundreds of times. Just incredible.

Actually, check out The Seven Samurai. It is the Kurasawa film that The Seven Samurai was based on.

Best modern Western? Open Range with Kevin Costner. I grew up out there. The cinematography is awesome. Reminds me of home.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby maberi » March 8th, 2008, 11:15 am

I saw the Seven Samurai when I was younger and I loved. I need to rent that again sometime. From what I remember it was awesome
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby CinderDee » March 9th, 2008, 5:19 am

Which movie did you get, Matt? I'm always looking for good movie suggestions.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby cheekymunkee » March 9th, 2008, 2:26 pm

On March 08 2008, 9:15 AM, maberi wrote:I saw the Seven Samurai when I was younger and I loved. I need to rent that again sometime. From what I remember it was awesome

Old or not, WE still love you Matt! :mrgreen:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby haileysmom » March 16th, 2008, 4:16 pm

On March 07 2008, 6:07 PM, maberi wrote:Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon?

I saw "Death Sentence"...rented on pay per view... (fiance hates that option :backRoll: ) I actually thought it was a good movie. Im not used to seeing Kevin in such a "chilling" role but he was great.

How about "The Invasion"...With Nichole Kidman...I loved that movie (That was from Netflix- fiance says "we got netflix..why do you rent over 10 movies a month from pay per view) Um... :| Because they hit pay per view before I can get it through Netflix.. :rolleyes2:

Oh..and Gone Baby Gone...(another pay per view :shock: ) I was so into that movie and the ending SUCKED.

"Vacancy"....I expected more from this movie...It appears to be a rather low budget movie and it does have it's good moments but it was another movie that was going along and then IT ENDED...

OH YEAH...."MICHAEL CLAYTON"....please pass on this movie unless it is FREE...even at FREE I wouldnt recommend it....This movie bounced around so much that I was slapping myself for another "pay per view" movie that was "clearly" confusing and well.....sucked....

I am anxiously awaiting "Cloverfield"...

That's my review of the most recently "paid" for movies that stick in my head..
"Dog is God spelled backwards"
haileysmom
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » March 17th, 2008, 8:46 am

Resident Evil: Extinction

:shock: It was SOOOOO good! If you liked the other ones, you'll love this one! A couple of good ol' fashioned scary moments that made me jump and a very promising ending for more movies in the series.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Magnolia618 » March 29th, 2008, 9:14 pm

This was VERY good!!
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 30th, 2008, 9:09 pm

I've seen it a zillion times but I LOVE Scary Movie 4. :backRoll:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » April 10th, 2008, 4:39 am

I just watched "The Brave One"... and I wouldn't have guessed the ending in a million years... :shock: :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Favorite Kitty » April 10th, 2008, 8:21 am

I just signed up for Netflix the end of last week and I'm so happy i did! We saw a stupid movie that they compared to Napoleon Dynamite called Shark vs Eagle. Horrible. More of a girls movie. My boyfriend was pissed at me that I made him watch it :rolleyes2:

i got The Goonies and watched it with Nicky last night. It's a classic family movie, isnt it? We liked it. I was happy to have something that we could watch together that wasnt a cartoon :)

I have War here (with Jason Stathom. holy firggin yum.) and Maxed Out is coming today. It sounds like its a documentary about how we are addicted to credit cards and why we suck. Awesome. They suggested I get it when I clicked that I liked Fast Food Nation.
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby amazincc » April 10th, 2008, 11:27 am

Maxed out is VERY good. So is Fast Food Nation...
And Netflix is AWESOME...
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 10th, 2008, 12:45 pm

I'm a Netflix junkie too!!! Don't forget to check out their "watch instantly" section.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 13th, 2008, 10:12 am

I'm in the midst of watching a very disturbing documentary called "Jesus Camp." It's about a camp for evangelical children. It's actually very creepy and disturbing - there are 7 year old children falling to the floor, speaking in tongues, etc. They're saying how Harry Potter would have been murdered in the old testament because he's a warlock. Very good documentary, but scary.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby demolitionic » April 13th, 2008, 8:29 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I'm in the midst of watching a very disturbing documentary called "Jesus Camp." It's about a camp for evangelical children. It's actually very creepy and disturbing - there are 7 year old children falling to the floor, speaking in tongues, etc. They're saying how Harry Potter would have been murdered in the old testament because he's a warlock. Very good documentary, but scary.

Here's a preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RNfL6IVWCE

Watch it without sound. Brings to mind some of the old black and white vids of the "Sieg Heil, Hitler!".
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » April 14th, 2008, 12:28 am

Yeah, that movie scared the bejesus out of me.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby DemoDick » April 23rd, 2008, 10:45 am

King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. Outstanding.

Michael Moore Hates America. About as much of a "documentary" as the dreck Moore produces but presents a nice opposing viewpoint.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby Favorite Kitty » April 24th, 2008, 2:33 pm

I sent Maxed Out back without watching it, as well as War. I was sick of them sitting here and the kids wanted their movies to come! I think Gone Baby Gone is coming as is Juno. My 13 year old wants to see Juno. I'm watching it first to see what its like. There are songs on their soundtrack aimed towards teens and she likes a couple of them. Obviously she is going to want to watch the movie. We'll see.
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby amazincc » April 24th, 2008, 2:35 pm

"Gone Baby Gone" is VERY good! But the end sucks. >(
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Madness