The Movie Thread

Grab some popcorn and watch a few flicks!

Postby BigDogBuford » January 3rd, 2009, 11:43 pm

I'm watching Cloverfield and forgot how much I liked it! I loves me a good monster movie. :D
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 4th, 2009, 12:22 am

Marinepits wrote:Movie marathon here today, too.

Just finished Jumper. Not bad, not great. A good Saturday afternoon flick.

Watching 300 again. Yummy! :devil:

We got 300 for $6 the other day...Yummy indeed. :yum:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby KJS » January 4th, 2009, 5:30 am

We watched Jumper yesterday for the boys 13th birthday cinema evening in the house..it was ok...after the kids went to be we watched Tenacious D and the pick of destiny...still giggling now! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby DemoDick » January 4th, 2009, 2:05 pm

KJS wrote:We watched Jumper yesterday for the boys 13th birthday cinema evening in the house..it was ok...after the kids went to be we watched Tenacious D and the pick of destiny...still giggling now! :mrgreen:

One of my favorites.

"You guys were like...electric dynamite!"

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby aophoto » January 4th, 2009, 3:29 pm

Recent movies I've seen:

Milk - absolutely amazing and definitely worth the 10 dollar movie theater price. EVERYONE should see it. The best movie I've seen in the past year.

The Curious Life of Benjamin Button - great movie, interesting and different, but compelling all the way through. also highly recommended

Four Christmasses - eh, alright, entertaining, but nothing special. kept me entertained and was a nice feel good movie.
"The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly." - John McCain

Yes, we did America.
aophoto
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 4th, 2009, 9:05 pm

Curious Case of Benjamin Button was way too freaking long. Nearly 3 hours. And it felt it.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » January 4th, 2009, 9:32 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Curious Case of Benjamin Button was way too freaking long. Nearly 3 hours. And it felt it.

I've heard good things and bad things about this movie.......maybe we'll just wait for it to come out on video........

Looking forward to Gran Torino.... :D
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby madremissy » January 4th, 2009, 9:38 pm

Today's Showing was:

3:10 to Yuma
Russell Crowe and Christian Bale - Western

Very, very good.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby aophoto » January 4th, 2009, 10:55 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Curious Case of Benjamin Button was way too freaking long. Nearly 3 hours. And it felt it.

this is true. the one downfall i thought of it
"The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly." - John McCain

Yes, we did America.
aophoto
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » January 7th, 2009, 10:19 am

The Tao of Steve

Hilariously funny and well-written!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby demolitionic » January 7th, 2009, 2:59 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:

I've heard good things and bad things about this movie.......maybe we'll just wait for it to come out on video........

Looking forward to Gran Torino.... :D

I really enjoyed Benjamin Button. And even though you know where it's heading, the end was a serious trip for me.

And I'm also very excited about Gran Torino! And Underworld 3 :mrgreen:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 10th, 2009, 2:26 pm

I, Robot - I'd forgotten what an awesomely cool movie it is.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby Marinepits » January 11th, 2009, 6:24 pm

Hitman One of the better "video games made into a movie" films.

The Queen Very very very good.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » January 25th, 2009, 2:52 am

Wanted with Angelina Jolie is an AWESOME movie.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 25th, 2009, 2:52 pm

The Game Plan with The Rock - actually really cute! Tooth-achingly sweet ending, but overall a really cute movie.

pitbullmamaliz

Postby pits in 4-H » January 25th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Just watched Army Wives Season 1 from my local library and just love it!!! Great reviews from both military families and people with out military backgrounds.

My daughter and I have a new favorite. . . we have started watching McLeod's Daughters. . . it is an Aussie series that is in it's last season (8th). Well written with strong woman personalities who actually get dirty while running their ranch. A couple even have thighs and rumps. . .
pits in 4-H
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » January 25th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Took my daughter to see Hotel for Dogs yesterday. Seriously cute movie and I would watch it again sans kid :D

Very feel good and very animal adoption focused. There was even a point in the movie where they go into the different reasons certain dogs in the movie ended up at the shelter or strays.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TinaMartin » January 26th, 2009, 9:09 am

LMM wrote:Took my daughter to see Hotel for Dogs yesterday. Seriously cute movie and I would watch it again sans kid :D

Very feel good and very animal adoption focused. There was even a point in the movie where they go into the different reasons certain dogs in the movie ended up at the shelter or strays.

C. said he was going to take me to see this just so I can sit there and name the different breeds. He laughed when I saw the poster at the movie theater. :| :dance:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » January 26th, 2009, 9:15 am

I so want to see Hotel for Dogs. LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby LMM » January 26th, 2009, 10:41 am

Tina Martin wrote:
LMM wrote:Took my daughter to see Hotel for Dogs yesterday. Seriously cute movie and I would watch it again sans kid :D

C. said he was going to take me to see this just so I can sit there and name the different breeds. He laughed when I saw the poster at the movie theater. :| :dance:

Yea, I caught myself doing that :oops:

Alyssa go! Totally worth it.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Madness