The Movie Thread

Grab some popcorn and watch a few flicks!

Postby jmashaney » December 25th, 2007, 12:32 am

Stardust!

The trailers didn't even come close to giving a good representation of how fantastic this movie is! Witty dialog, unexpected moments, and Robert DeNiro as a cross-dressing pirate.

Nice to see other film addicts around! Paul and I just began cataloging our DVD collection, (because we are supremely dorky), and making a list of titles we must add. Oh, and... :lookaround: the titles of his that I need to get RID of! (Seriously. The man will buy ANYTHING. He RUNS a movie theatre, for pete's sake. You'd think he would be more discerning in his purchases.)
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby maberi » December 26th, 2007, 10:29 am

Bucket List - Very good but very sad

30 Days of Night - Good horror flick
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 26th, 2007, 6:44 pm

I Am Legend - kind of slow; okay, but not nearly as good as I was hoping.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » December 26th, 2007, 6:52 pm

The most recent Harry Potter movie - I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was... :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pmashaney81 » December 26th, 2007, 8:14 pm

Hola all.

I just discovered this gem of a thread. I run a movie theatre and see all of the wide releases a day before they come out. Any questions about them or recommendations, I will gladly help. I like to consider myself an amateur film critic.
Judge the deed, not the breed.

Jezebelle (AmStaff/Catahoula Cur) - b. 08/05/07
Justus (AmStaff/American Bulldog) - b. 08/09/07
Shelby - (APBT) - Rescue
Evie (Chihuahua) - b. 12/24/04
Percival - Rescued Kitty of mass proportions :)
pmashaney81
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pmashaney81 » December 26th, 2007, 8:15 pm

On December 26 2007, 5:44 PM, pitbullmamaliz wrote:I Am Legend - kind of slow; okay, but not nearly as good as I was hoping.

Will Smith single handedly delivered 80 million dollars to the box office this weekend and broke all sorts of records. Anything with him nowadays will be golden.

Shelby - (APBT) - Rescue
pmashaney81
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pmashaney81 » December 26th, 2007, 8:17 pm

On December 24 2007, 11:32 PM, jmashaney wrote:Stardust!

The trailers didn't even come close to giving a good representation of how fantastic this movie is! Witty dialog, unexpected moments, and Robert DeNiro as a cross-dressing pirate.

Nice to see other film addicts around! Paul and I just began cataloging our DVD collection, (because we are supremely dorky), and making a list of titles we must add. Oh, and... :lookaround: the titles of his that I need to get RID of! (Seriously. The man will buy ANYTHING. He RUNS a movie theatre, for pete's sake. You'd think he would be more discerning in his purchases.)

You have to view the bad to truly appreciate the good. Plus... being eclectic and having the ability to find something artistic in any exhibition is something that I pride myself on. So far there are only two movies that I cannot take anything positive from:

Spice World

From Justin to Kelly

Shelby - (APBT) - Rescue
pmashaney81
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby airwalk » December 26th, 2007, 8:27 pm

So you liked Bucket List? and how sad?
airwalk
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » December 26th, 2007, 9:00 pm

On December 26 2007, 6:17 PM, pmashaney81 wrote:
On December 24 2007, 11:32 PM, jmashaney wrote:Stardust!

You have to view the bad to truly appreciate the good. Plus... being eclectic and having the ability to find something artistic in any exhibition is something that I pride myself on. So far there are only two movies that I cannot take anything positive from:

Spice World

From Justin to Kelly

LMAO LMAO
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 26th, 2007, 9:01 pm

Marie Antoinette - very pretty, but godawful boring; I didn't even finish it.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » December 26th, 2007, 9:03 pm

How is AVP Requiem? (No spoilers, please!) :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby jmashaney » December 26th, 2007, 9:15 pm

I've revoked Paul's posting privileges. (Ha.)

But he was reading this thread over my shoulder, and he says..."AVP is a regurgitated plot, same shallow characters with improved special effects. Should have been a summer release."
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » December 26th, 2007, 9:19 pm

On Wed, Dec 26 2007, 8:15 PM, jmashaney wrote:I've revoked Paul's posting privileges. (Ha.)

But he was reading this thread over my shoulder, and he says..."AVP is a regurgitated plot, same shallow characters with improved special effects. Should have been a summer release."

*sigh* That's what I figured, LOL. I'll wait 'til PPV. Thanks!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Favorite Kitty » December 28th, 2007, 9:52 am

Mrs. Paul? Would you mind asking Mr. Paul what his #1 recommendation would be for a family film? It can be new or old. I like things that we can watch with our kids.

I wanted to see The Golden Compass because it came out on my BIRTHDAY but nobody here wanted to see it :(
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby amazincc » January 19th, 2008, 3:38 am

Anyone see "Mr. Brooks"??? It was GOOD... :shock:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » January 19th, 2008, 3:42 am

On December 28 2007, 8:52 AM, Favorite Kitty wrote:Mrs. Paul? Would you mind asking Mr. Paul what his #1 recommendation would be for a family film? It can be new or old. I like things that we can watch with our kids.

I wanted to see The Golden Compass because it came out on my BIRTHDAY but nobody here wanted to see it :(

How old are your kids? :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Asta » January 19th, 2008, 12:33 pm

Ok, i am faaaaar to far behind on this thread to comment on any of the movies you other people have watched (almost anyways). So i will just list my "to see list". It is a mix of not so new and new films :)

* Flags of our fathers

* Running with scissors

* Transamerica

* Little Children

* The squid and the whale

* Sweeney Todd

* The Darjeeling Limited

* Charlie Wilson´s war

* The Orphanage

* I am Legend

* No country for old men

* Eastern Promises

* American Gangster

* 3:10 to Yuma

* Margot at the wedding

* Lust, Caution

* The bucket list

I will get back to you once i manage to see some of them :) Hopefully during this century...

The only ones i have seen as of late have been on planes...
"Mean Streets" with De Niro was the last one i saw, and it is such a good flick! "Into the wild" was just god awfully pretensious and pointless. "Stardust" had good effects, but the story in itself, not so much..."Ghoya´s ghosts", truly depressing and kind of pointless too, but Javier Bardem was strangely hot ;) Except at the end :shock: There are more but i can´t remember right now

Cheers,

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » January 19th, 2008, 1:02 pm

I saw Sweeny Todd and it rocks. Totally and completely. I'd even see it again in the theaters!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Asta » January 19th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Yeah i can´t wait either Alyssa! With such a triplebill as Burton, Depp and Bonham-Carter one can´t go wrong i figure! Plus the singing seems to be quite good!

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » January 19th, 2008, 1:23 pm

On January 19 2008, 12:21 PM, Asta wrote:Yeah i can´t wait either Alyssa! With such a triplebill as Burton, Depp and Bonham-Carter one can´t go wrong i figure! Plus the singing seems to be quite good!

Ã…sa

The singing is awesome and it's super gorey. The set, as you can guess with Burton on the case, is super dreary and evil and I just LOVED IT!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Madness