The Movie Thread

Grab some popcorn and watch a few flicks!

Postby DemoDick » February 3rd, 2008, 10:39 pm

Considering Transformers "rocked you so hard you crapped your pants" I am glad I was not there when you saw Rambo!

I don't envy those theater people that come in after the movie. Not at all.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby KJS » February 4th, 2008, 4:45 am

I want to see Cloverfield >(
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby jmashaney » February 4th, 2008, 8:05 pm

I took my very-stressed-out cousin to see 27 Dresses this weekend. It was a cute little fluffball movie, and the lead actress has great comedic timing.

But Paul was right when he said the line "Get over here" reminded him of Mortal Kombat. That's exactly what I thought. They could have done a better job with that, it had the potential to be one of those "You had me at hello" moments.

The trailer for Stop Loss was heartbreaking. I don't think I'm going to be able to watch that one.

The only movie I'm waiting for this year is Twilight. My kids got me hooked on that series, and I'm ready to see Edward on the big screen!!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 4th, 2008, 8:13 pm

On Mon, Feb 04 2008, 7:05 PM, jmashaney wrote:The only movie I'm waiting for this year is Twilight. My kids got me hooked on that series, and I'm ready to see Edward on the big screen!!

Yeah, I am completely hooked, too! :clap:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby jmashaney » February 4th, 2008, 8:18 pm

On February 04 2008, 7:13 PM, Marinepits wrote:
On Mon, Feb 04 2008, 7:05 PM, jmashaney wrote:The only movie I'm waiting for this year is Twilight. My kids got me hooked on that series, and I'm ready to see Edward on the big screen!!

Yeah, I am completely hooked, too! :clap:

YAY! I'm not the only adult. I was beginning to wonder. Seriously, the most erotic thing I've ever read...WITHOUT any sex in it!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 4th, 2008, 8:24 pm

On Mon, Feb 04 2008, 7:18 PM, jmashaney wrote:YAY! I'm not the only adult. I was beginning to wonder. Seriously, the most erotic thing I've ever read...WITHOUT any sex in it!

The whole flower fields in the middle of the woods scene -- WOW!

Can't wait for the next book!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Scout » February 4th, 2008, 8:34 pm

wait a second...they are making that into a movie?? Oh give me a break!! There are no REAL men that can look and act like Edward! :giggle:

But yeah..I picked up the book because it had "love story" and "vampire" on the cover so I figured it couldn't hurt to read it...I finally put the book down two days later :oops:
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Marinepits » February 4th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Uh-oh, I think we need to make a new thread here..... :wink:

We have a few vampire book fans on this forum!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 4th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Whoa hey what? Vampires? Love stories??? Point me there!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Magnolia618 » February 4th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Scout » February 5th, 2008, 1:47 am

Yup...Vampires...one of my favorite subjects to read!! I actually had to force myself to pace through the second book, New Moon, slowly! :oops: I have yet to pick up the third book. I don't want it to end just yet!!

But speaking of Vampires...anybody seen the move Underworld and Underworld: Evolution? One of my fav. vampire movies and fighting movies. Loved Kate Bekinsale in the movie!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby jmashaney » February 5th, 2008, 1:52 am

On February 05 2008, 12:47 AM, Scout wrote:Yup...Vampires...one of my favorite subjects to read!! I actually had to force myself to pace through the second book, New Moon, slowly! :oops: I have yet to pick up the third book. I don't want it to end just yet!!

But speaking of Vampires...anybody seen the move Underworld and Underworld: Evolution? One of my fav. vampire movies and fighting movies. Loved Kate Bekinsale in the movie!

Hehe, yeah, we're big vampire nerds here!!

I devoured the first two books in 48 hours on a trip to Oklahoma. I made myself wait three weeks to read the last one...and now I'm just tortured until the next book and the movie come out.

Oh, and I agree about how no man could ever touch the Edward in my imagination...but Robert Pattinson is not a bad choice. I watched one of the Harry Potters the other day to catch a glimpse of Cedric...and yeah, I can see him coming close.

Makes me feel like a teenager again!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby Asta » February 5th, 2008, 9:59 am

On February 05 2008, Scout wrote:Yup...Vampires...one of my favorite subjects to read!! I actually had to force myself to pace through the second book, New Moon, slowly! :oops: I have yet to pick up the third book. I don't want it to end just yet!!

Oohhhh yes :D I loved both movies! Vampires + action= great stuff ;) Throw in a few werewolves there as well and voilà, success in my book :D

And i can only concur to the fact that vampires are dead sexy *schlurp* Although, to you Patrick Swayze fanciers on here, are we even on the same planet :crazy: I take great pride in the fact that i have never seen Dirty Dancing!

Ã…Sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » February 29th, 2008, 10:22 pm

Just got done watching The Game Plan with my daughter, super cute movie. Not exactly a must see for all, but we enjoyed it together. As a side note :drool: plenty of Dwayne Johnson muscle shots...
Jenn
undecided

Postby maberi » March 7th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Has anyone seen the Assassination of Jesse James?

I'm trying to find a decent movie to watch tonight since it is snowing like crazy outside
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby maberi » March 7th, 2008, 7:07 pm

Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon?
maberi

Postby DemoDick » March 7th, 2008, 7:07 pm

On March 07 2008, 19:00, maberi wrote:Has anyone seen the Assassination of Jesse James?

I'm trying to find a decent movie to watch tonight since it is snowing like crazy outside

Just watched it, didn't like it. It's a western along the lines of Unforgiven, which I didn't like either. Casey Affleck was good though.

If you want a Western get The Magnificent Seven.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby maberi » March 7th, 2008, 7:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up I didn't like Unforgiven either

I've seen the 1960s version of the Magnificent Seven, is there a new one out?

On March 07 2008, DemoDick wrote:
On March 07 2008, 19:00, maberi wrote:Has anyone seen the Assassination of Jesse James?

Just watched it, didn't like it. It's a western along the lines of Unforgiven, which I didn't like either. Casey Affleck was good though.

If you want a Western get The Magnificent Seven.

Demo Dick
maberi

Postby Jenn » March 7th, 2008, 7:11 pm

You've probably already seen it, I'm slow on movie watching, but I really enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma.
Jenn
undecided

Postby maberi » March 7th, 2008, 7:11 pm

Yeah, I thought it was really good up until the ending. Overall I still enjoyed it though

On March 07 2008, Jenn wrote:You've probably already seen it, I'm slow on movie watching, but I really enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma.
maberi

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Madness