Disturbing & graphic video of pit bull tasered

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby turtle » January 30th, 2006, 12:47 am

I happened to see this linked elsewhere and unfortunately clicked on it and watched.

Why the hell is that friendly dog zapped till he screamed??? The dog was just running around wagging his tail. Were the police afraid of the dog? Why zap him like that?

It's fairly graphic, it's obvious the poor dog is hurting so be warned before you click it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... q=Pit+Bull

People make me sick, I wish they had been zapped instead...
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Emi » January 30th, 2006, 3:01 am

:shock: I wish i had not looked at that ... :shock:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby bullymommy » January 30th, 2006, 4:22 am

OMG!!!!! chub is laying on the bed next to me and i have never ever seen him react the way he did when he heard the screaming!!! that is sick and disgusting and those butt nuggets shouldnt be f-ing cops!!!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Image1 » January 30th, 2006, 9:10 am

I work in security and deal with the police often and all I can say it those cops are fuckin retarded. All they had to do was grab him and it would have been over. However sense it was a Pit Bull they knew they would be able to get away with it.

Although I think if I was there I'd prob be in jail now.
Image1
Just Whelped

Postby Image1 » January 30th, 2006, 9:20 am

It seems that when you download the video it will only play if you also download the Google video player. Can anyone get this changed to a format that will play for Windows Media player for me?
Image1
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » January 30th, 2006, 9:24 am

that is just freaking sick.. :x
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 30th, 2006, 11:18 am

OMG. :x How could you? The poor baby!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 30th, 2006, 11:24 am

Why was everyone freaking out to begin with? I wish there was a background as to what had happened before the camera started to roll because with the pit running around like he was happy as hell I am very confused as to why this all even took place.

Sick.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby DemoDick » January 30th, 2006, 2:46 pm

What I saw:

Multiple officers groundcuffing a suspect in the middle of the street with lots of people around. The suspect appeared to be resisting. Dog is running around, comes up behind more than one officer. Dog gets Tasered. I did not see a "happy" Pit Bull. I saw a dog. Dogs are very unpredictable animals, extremely so under stress. When you're fighting someone to get them into custody, you don't take chances with a loose dog (of ANY breed) running around int he thick of things.

The dog is lucky to be alive.

I've fought suspects hell bent on beating me to a pulp and getting away. I've also shot a dog (yes, sadly, a Pit Bull) that bit me in the pants on an aggressive, loose dog call. The only reaon I didn't end up in the hospital was my experience as a decoy and my ability to read the dog. I waited FAR longer than I would have to shoot the dog had I no experience catching dogs in protection work. My partners on the other hand would have shot it the second it charged, and they would have been correct to do so.

Deadly physical force was not a good option in the video scenario, considering the number of people around. The Taser offered them a way to avoid someone getting bit.

All they had to do was grab him and it would have been over.

Or the person grabbing the dog could have been seriously injured.

If I were in that situation I probably would have done the exact same thing. I have my own dog to come home to at the end of my shift. Not to mention my girlfriend, who would be pretty upset if I got bit for real.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback when you've never been a Police Officer, never dealt with a potentially violent crowd, never fought a suspect who is bigger and stronger than you and never had a dog go from tail wagging happy to aggressive and dangerous before you realize it. My guess is that the Taser operator did exactly what he was trained to do.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby BullyVW » January 30th, 2006, 4:23 pm

I saw the same thing as you Demo...and emotional dogs react much like emotional people.
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 30th, 2006, 4:36 pm

I'm not going to watch it. :(
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby panda » January 30th, 2006, 4:58 pm

I can't bring myself to watch it either
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 30th, 2006, 5:11 pm

I'm not watching it either. :(
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby JCleve86 » January 30th, 2006, 5:21 pm

As horrifying as it is, I was thinking the same thing as Demo...

It looked to me as if the dog ran up on the guy getting arrested a few times and either wiggled in there for some of the fun or gave away some kisses? Perhaps a new tactic? Attack Kisser pit bulls? Something to suggest to your buddies Demo....
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jesseca » January 30th, 2006, 5:28 pm

I can't watch it. :shock:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 30th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Ok, I watched it. I really don't think that is the dog screaming. It sounds like a woman going 'no no no' in a paniced voice.

It's not pleasant to watch, but the dog didn't seem to be hurt. In a more open situation the dog would have been shot.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » January 30th, 2006, 5:42 pm

DemoDick wrote:What I saw:

Multiple officers groundcuffing a suspect in the middle of the street with lots of people around. The suspect appeared to be resisting. Dog is running around, comes up behind more than one officer. Dog gets Tasered. I did not see a "happy" Pit Bull. I saw a dog. Dogs are very unpredictable animals, extremely so under stress. When you're fighting someone to get them into custody, you don't take chances with a loose dog (of ANY breed) running around int he thick of things.

The dog is lucky to be alive.

I've fought suspects hell bent on beating me to a pulp and getting away. I've also shot a dog (yes, sadly, a Pit Bull) that bit me in the pants on an aggressive, loose dog call. The only reaon I didn't end up in the hospital was my experience as a decoy and my ability to read the dog. I waited FAR longer than I would have to shoot the dog had I no experience catching dogs in protection work. My partners on the other hand would have shot it the second it charged, and they would have been correct to do so.

Deadly physical force was not a good option in the video scenario, considering the number of people around. The Taser offered them a way to avoid someone getting bit.

All they had to do was grab him and it would have been over.

Or the person grabbing the dog could have been seriously injured.

If I were in that situation I probably would have done the exact same thing. I have my own dog to come home to at the end of my shift. Not to mention my girlfriend, who would be pretty upset if I got bit for real.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback when you've never been a Police Officer, never dealt with a potentially violent crowd, never fought a suspect who is bigger and stronger than you and never had a dog go from tail wagging happy to aggressive and dangerous before you realize it. My guess is that the Taser operator did exactly what he was trained to do.

Demo Dick

Thanks for this! My husband has also been in multiple situations as a cop where he's had to shoot dogs -- most often while serving warrants in some very undesirable parts of NYC. As awful as shooting and/or Tasering a dog is, I'd rather have Steve come home in one piece at the end of the day.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » January 30th, 2006, 5:45 pm

It actually appeared as if a bystander tried to grab the dog more than once.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Darlazmum » January 31st, 2006, 2:09 am

:shock: That was hard to watch. I should have watched it muted, I would have been fine if that girl hadn't been screaming. She saw the dog coming, she starts mildly and then when t he dog gets tasered she flips, her reaction was hard for me, because I would probably be doing the same. I agree the dog could have tweeked out it was a bit frantic, and with no coller on to get hold of it...sad situation to say the least.
Darlazmum
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » January 31st, 2006, 8:47 am

I know the officer did what he had to do and I am thankful the dog wasn't killed.

I always wonder though if people would have reacted differently if it were a different breed.

I like the fact that Police have alternatives to deadly force to subdue a suspect (or dog). Actually they should have used the taser on the suspect!
Romanwild
I live here

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk