pitbull MIX attacks people and a little dog at petco today

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby sadowner » September 3rd, 2006, 5:45 pm

My girlfriend works at petco. Today i went to meet her after work with our son like i always do. When i got there i saw two young guys. Mid 20's standing outdside with this dog. The dog was growling and barking at everyone. I asked what SHE was mixed with he said "shes full pit" I said i didnt think so since she was bigger then my dog was and my dog was a huge pit and he was a male. I told them they shouldnt have the dog so close to the door with the way it was acting and they kinda ignored me.

I went in....

One of them came in to buy a muzzle. He brought it back and said it wouldnt fit.

Then outside someone walked past the guys dog with a little mixed dog the size of a pug. The pitbull mix (looked to be part mastif to me) grabbed the little dog , picked it up and shook it all over. The little dog was yelping and all. Everyone tried to get the dog free.Eventually the store manager got the little dog free by praying the mixed dogs jaws open with a broom.

The jackass;'s tried to leave!!!!!!

Everyone made them stay wheil the cops came, it was low cost shots day so a vet was in the store to try to stop the little dog from bleeding, from the looks of it i dont think the dog will make it. Its owners, one of them bittin by the mixed dog, were very upsett.

The cop was pissed, he said why the f*&** would you bring a dog that is trying to attack people ?

I heard from a lady in the store that the dog went after her kid when they walked in the store.

The cop called animal control. They took the dog and told the guys if they can not show proof the dog had her shots she will be put down. And if the dog can not pass a temperment test it will be put down

From what i saw the dog is getting put down. ....

Surprizingly !!! NO ONE blamed it on the type of dog it was.

I heard comments from people saying

"that dog was mixed , she was huge"

" its people like them that get people hurt by dogs"

The little dogs owners wanted the two guys locked up.

Very scary.
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby Karen » September 3rd, 2006, 6:20 pm

sadowner wrote:My girlfriend works at petco.

You have a wife and a girlfriend? And I still say you sound way fishy as a poster. Seems like once a week you have a dog attack post. Amazing.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby ellie@ny » September 3rd, 2006, 6:32 pm

Even this was your other post title : ahh, help with the wife.
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » September 3rd, 2006, 6:40 pm

Maybe he's got one of them there open marriages ;)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby chewbecca » September 3rd, 2006, 7:01 pm

Why on Earth DO PEOPLE BRING THEIR AGGRESSIVE, OR SIMPLY UNFRIENDLY, dogs into places like Petco????
Wait. I know the answer. Nevermind.

I went into petco on Friday to get Ella a bullystick and some toys.
Yeah, I think I'll be ordering her doggy stuff online from now on.
There was a lady with this little dog of sorts and I watched her walk in and the dog refused to go in. She yelled at it, picked it up and proceeded to basically toss it in the door.
It was barking at everything and everyone. That didn't bother me, but when my boyfriend and I were looking at toys she was in the aisle in front of us and the manager or a worker walked up to her and was talking to her dog. He said, "Oh! Is he friendly??" and she said, "Uh, no. Not really."
So, I looked at my boyfriend and said, "Yeah, my dog's unfriendly so I'm going to bring him into a public place where there will be children and other dogs that he might not get along with because I want to get sued today."
It's probably just me, but I would NEVER EVER dream of taking Ella into Petco with me, not because she's part pit bull, but because I can't promise that she's going to like EVERY SINGLE dog that could be in there and won't start a fight or possibly get involved in a fight. I don't worry about her with humans. She's EXTREMELY human friendly. And she LOVES children, but I don't know exactly how she'd be with other dogs and I'm not willing to risk it right now.
I don't mind that other people bring their dogs into Petco, if they're smart about it. But SO few are. They just don't understand that just because their dog is friendly and lovey with every single human it comes across, doesn't mean that it's going to love every single dog it comes across and if a dog is tense, who knows how that's going to affect their behavior towards things they'd normally love.

Alright, this has all been said, so I'll stop :D
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Postby prinpoms » September 3rd, 2006, 7:23 pm

Karen wrote:

You have a wife and a girlfriend? And I still say you sound way fishy as a poster. Seems like once a week you have a dog attack post. Amazing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that something sounded fishy. As far as there being an aggressive whether human or dog aggressive dog in the general public without good control by the owner that is the problem! I would love to go to Petco with my dog but as a responsible owner I won't just because of the other dogs and owners that could and often are in there
PitBull Momma
prinpoms
Just Whelped

Postby sadowner » September 3rd, 2006, 9:01 pm

We are not legally married. We have been together for 5 years now with one child. I just never can get enough $ put away to have the wedding she wants.

Nit pick nit pick..

I also have some goldfish and catfish...

I dont like underwear.

Anything else you wanna nit pick about ?

Chewbecca you should see some of the people that bring their dogs in there . One guy had a rott, this dog growled non stop at everyone the whole time it was in there.

Another guy brings his dog in, It looked to be shepard mixed with something, he picked up a tug toy , played with it with his dog for like 5 minutes, then tossed the slobber filled wet thing back in the bin!!!

They have this island set up with dog bones in the middle of the floor. One guys jack russel jumped on it and started to chow down like 10 bones . The guy laughed . Walked away and left him there!

Its amazing how people dont control their dogs in puplic. ALOT of people come in with no leash!

And if anyone wants to nit pick you could call the store and ask about the attack, Ill find out tomorrow but im positive the little dog didnt make it.
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby sadowner » September 3rd, 2006, 9:08 pm

Karen wrote:

No its not once a week ,one time with my dog and today with the dog at petco. Sorry if i dont live in dream land like you do. Since The issue with my dog i have been reading alot lately about dog bites etc. MAybe after i went through i am trying to look for an answer instead of just trying to avoid the problem like some people are.

BTW if you would like to see another pic of my dog you can go to ratemypitbull.com , look for the name robert1
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby pibblegrl » September 3rd, 2006, 9:46 pm

:popcorn:

I hate idiots who bring their obnoxious animals out in public.
or their obnoxious children-if they can't behave leave them home...
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » September 4th, 2006, 12:33 am

People on this board have every right to question inconsistency.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Richter » September 4th, 2006, 3:03 am

sadowner wrote:"that dog was mixed , she was huge"

That is, by far, the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life.

I don't know what I'd think if I overheard someone saying that.

Maybe they were racking their brains trying to encompass the sheer size of this obviously massive beast, or possibly throwing around reasons as to why the dog could be so huge. I know when I consider the size of a dog, the first thing that comes to MY mind is "that dog was mixed, she was huge." :rolleyes2:

Anyways, your story has a lot of faults, if there were no accussations of breed related aggression, what relevance does that comment have, and why would anyone mention it?

I need to get my boots, the bullsh*t is getting pretty thick around here.
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Karen » September 4th, 2006, 9:32 am

sadowner wrote:
Karen wrote:

No its not once a week ,one time with my dog and today with the dog at petco. Sorry if i dont live in dream land like you do. Since The issue with my dog i have been reading alot lately about dog bites etc. MAybe after i went through i am trying to look for an answer instead of just trying to avoid the problem like some people are.

BTW if you would like to see another pic of my dog you can go to ratemypitbull.com , look for the name robert1

As the victim of photo theft online (can't help it if my dogs are pretty) why would I believe that's your dog? What a crock.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby TonkasDaddy » September 4th, 2006, 10:01 am

typical aholes on here too.
You got a problem,,,,,, I don't care!
TonkasDaddy
Just Whelped

Postby Karen » September 4th, 2006, 11:35 am

TonkasDaddy wrote:typical aholes on here too.

And you're a typical troll.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 4th, 2006, 12:15 pm

TonkasDaddy wrote:typical aholes on here too.

One more remark like that & you will no longer be a member of this board. Understood? I hope so. If not, I'll show you exactly what I mean.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pibblegrl » September 4th, 2006, 12:24 pm

:popcorn2:
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby sadowner » September 4th, 2006, 12:46 pm

You are all a bunch of dic* heads.
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » September 4th, 2006, 12:48 pm

sadowner wrote:You are all a bunch of dic* heads.

ANd YOU are now gagged. :D

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » September 4th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Oh and FYI, in case you have forgotten, I happen to be a mod on this board, you will NOT call names on this board, you will NOT curse me in your avatar & you will NOT spread your lies & hysteria about this breed on this board based on your ONE experience with an "off dog". Understood?

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pit Bull Talk