You all are going to LOVE this...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby matrix » January 26th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Offer stands whenever! or if you want to get involved in weight pull or obedience or anything like that we might be able to hook you up with Peter over in Houston. He has turned out to be a better WP trainer than I am LOL.

The wife and I can cook some good steaks! I thought you mentioned NMR which was my reference to advanced imaging LOL.
matrix
Just Whelped

Postby Emi » January 26th, 2006, 6:58 pm

Yes, hehe i knew what you ment :) that's hubby's field , he got his PhD at LSU and here is the link for his company you can take a look ... like you his boss started out with a sort of a passion 20 odd years ago , and was a Prof at Harvard and started doing this on the weekend and evenings ...

http://www.tecmag.com/

Sounds great :)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Pitcrew » February 6th, 2006, 12:11 am

This is a good topic.
I too have looked up do DJ and liked and reccommended her books and mag.
I DO feel dissappointed and feel the dogs I love, were betrayed by the hypocracy. And if being a hypocrite isnt enough (I suppose sometimes it could be UN-intentional) but bragging about it?
But I cannot deny that I feel her book and mag is informative and well written. And if you can get over her EGO (big leap) she has done good things for the breed.
Now... not so good. Too bad. A shame.
However, where I work, I have regular contact with BIG WIG names, trainers, and authors. More of them than not, are just as bad... author of a book on positive training (who I periodicaly see competing) is much LESS than a positive trainer. VERY dissapointing, I got alot out of her book. A well known clicker trainer who beats a drum for NO NEGATIVE methods... with an E collar. Author of an agility book, which may actually help people solve problems training their dogs... never actually solved their own dogs problems. Judges, judging in levels of sports they have never actually competed in themselves.
Did you expect our little bully world to be any better than politics, religion, or any other thing... that you find out your heroes, or people you looked up to, were less (sometimes MUCH less) than you thought, maybe even a lie?
I let these people serve as examples of what I dont want to be... something to work towards NOT being. I wont give to her rescue, but I dont believe I will choose to boycot things I find good and informational if it will help people, or the breed.
But I will make the hypocracy known.
Good ideas can come from idiots, just as stupid things can come from great people. Take what good you can... but dont deny the truth. Also dont ignore the good that can come form bad. Like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
What she has done good (educate)... is not made less. It has only made HER less, because she has lost our respect.
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby turtle » February 6th, 2006, 12:37 pm

That's an excellent post, Lisa.

Well thought out and very well said...
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Sariss » February 6th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Karen wrote:[Kim Allison of RoKi Reds. The rednose puppy peddler that produces bad temperments, day blindness with regularity, and kinked tails with an oh well.

Aw, really? I've always liked her dogs. :(
Sariss
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Miakoda » February 8th, 2006, 1:11 am

Wow. Stay away for a few weeks & miss all the fun it seems!

I was aware of the drama on pbf, although like mp13 I've been banned for a while now. :D No loss there.

Anyways, it's funny, but I've despised D.J. ever since she allowed Dread to portray a vicious pit bull attacking yet another child in a very popular movie "The Good Son". You see, I know Macauly (aka Mac...1 of my best friends, Rachel Minor, married him back in 1998) & he was totally disgusted with her & her attention getting & needy attitude. She allowed her dog to portray an image that God knows we don't need to be portrayed. And she was oh so proud. This is where my strong dislike began.

Then I learned more about her & her preachings of "only show your pit bull in a positive way"...ummm, like she did? Seems like money speaks louder to her than our breed dying. And all the hypocrisy about breeding. Have y'all forgotten that she's had 3 litters of dogs? One "oops" litter & 2 other APBT litters that she SOLD all the puppies off of? Seems like again, money spoke louder than her own teachings.

I have never supported her & have always been outspoken against her. All my threads directed at her on PBF were always deleted. Seems like no one wanted to see the truth behind the "hero".

Yes all her dogs come from bybs. Yet she does nothing with them herself yet will push you aside to be front & center in front of the cameras in order to take all the credit for the "magnificent" work she's done with the dogs.

As for the stun gun issue, well, she just proved to me that she is the epitomy of lazy & would rather injure her dogs b/c she could care less in doing things the correct way. A break stick is the most important thing a repsonsible person can own & when used correctly, no dog nor person will get hurt. And it doesn't take a genius to learn how to use one.

Jessup has hurt this breed is so many ways that I don't believe it's possible to to count all the "injuries". I just wish all her dogs would "disappear".

And as for her joint book with Colby, she asked him for help as she needed to ride the name of an important APBT figure in order to gain herself some credit.

It's a shame the rescue groups & the APBT groups all hate her. Then again, we now have to clean up the damage she has left in her wake.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 8th, 2006, 1:14 am

Miakoda wrote:Seems like no one wanted to see the truth behind the "hero".

Truth shmuth. I like candy and rainbows and pit bull puppies!
:hammer:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Miakoda » February 8th, 2006, 1:18 am

SisMorphine wrote:
Miakoda wrote:Seems like no one wanted to see the truth behind the "hero".

Truth shmuth. I like candy and rainbows and pit bull puppies!
:hammer:

LOL. You crack me up everywhere we meet! :wink:
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby pLaurent » February 8th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Good post, Miakoda.

Yes, it's hard to seriously take advice from someone who cannot prevent her own dogs from getting pregnant, nor from "ripping the stuffings" out of each other on what seems a regular basis.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Darlazmum » February 9th, 2006, 3:11 pm

:o For real you learn alot when not on the board of the almighty :bowDown:
Wow thanks for more info guys. If you aren't told the entire truth about a situation than your only conclusion is that she is an ambassador, but it looks likes she fits right in the second syllabal. :!:
Darlazmum
Just Whelped

Postby pocketpit » February 9th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Then I learned more about her & her preachings of "only show your pit bull in a positive way"...ummm, like she did? Seems like money speaks louder to her than our breed dying. And all the hypocrisy about breeding. Have y'all forgotten that she's had 3 litters of dogs? One "oops" litter & 2 other APBT litters that she SOLD all the puppies off of? Seems like again, money spoke louder than her own teachings.

I'm not a DJ worshipper by any means so please don't take this as such but if we are going to be posting things about someone we might as well make sure they are true. I have no first hand knowledge of her "oops" litter or another APBT litter, but I do have experience with the last litter she had. For the record, she did not "sell" all of those pups. She kept several of them for herself and I know of at least one pup that was given away to an agility home.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.......
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 9th, 2006, 5:31 pm

I only knew about the ONE litter.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby JCleve86 » February 9th, 2006, 7:21 pm

There was the oops litter with one of her mastiffs...she culled all but that one doofy brindle male she kept that she's posted a few times.

There was another oops litter with Dread (the one where the female was on some kind of doggy birth control that didn't work...supposedly) that I believe produced Bandog Bad and Britannia, and others (don't know what came to be of the rest of the litter).

AND there was the breeding of her red bitch the she "had" to do as a part of the purchase of the female that produced all of the reddogs, most of which she has in her yard now (or had).
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 9th, 2006, 8:00 pm

She's a trip that one is. :shake:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pLaurent » February 9th, 2006, 10:25 pm

There was the oops litter with one of her mastiffs...she culled all but that one doofy brindle male she kept that she's posted a few times

That's right - her dysplastic and vicious intact Cane Corso.(Her description) She didn't have the puppies aborted, but waited until they were born to kill them. Much cheaper that way.

And she seemed to find the matter kind of funny.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 9th, 2006, 10:35 pm

I have never supported her & have always been outspoken against her. All my threads directed at her on PBF were always deleted

Mine too. I will say it one more time LOUD & clear just in the off chance that some one, some where is unaware of how I feel about her

I HATE THAT COW!!!!

:fire:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby bullymommy » February 10th, 2006, 4:01 am

hey deb why dont you tell us how you really feel ;)
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pLaurent » February 10th, 2006, 11:48 am

So......does this mean you're not really a fan? :?:
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 10th, 2006, 11:56 am

I have never supported her & have always been outspoken against her. All my threads directed at her on PBF were always deleted

That will not happen here, though I'd like everyone to keep the name calling to a minimum please (which means I have to stop doing it too. :oops: )

Say what you'd like and please keep it to things that you can back up. Pocket Pit, thank you for asking about the litters! It's better for things to be specifically spelled out so there aren't questions about it.

This forum is not closed to anyone, so we need to try to keep the gossip to a minimum! But if it's true, then go for it! :D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » February 10th, 2006, 12:35 pm

pLaurent wrote:So......does this mean you're not really a fan? :?:

No P, I am lying....I LOVE her!! She is my best friend in all the world.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk