You all are going to LOVE this...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby cheekymunkee » January 23rd, 2006, 2:14 pm

Is it wrong of me to sit back & laugh??? Sorry, I just can't help myself when I see Diane tumbling off her pedestal YET again!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby turtle » January 23rd, 2006, 2:15 pm

Emi wrote:Ok some thing I read on another board I was peeking around on , said that she bought that one dog from a drug dealer , that is hear say from that board, now I am asking is that true ? If some one knows ??

Yes, she bought her first pit bull Dread from a drug dealer. And she has also said in the past that Dread did not have the best temperament.

I've just logged on so I better catch up on some reading....
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby IMurSTAR » January 23rd, 2006, 2:34 pm

I never have spoke with or interacted with Diane. But I have seen Kirstan, who I do respect, step in and smooth over Diane's "messes", for lack of a better word. I'm not sure what will happen with that relationship but I am half tempted to ask her.

Whole situation stinks. Uggg..
IMurSTAR
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 2:37 pm

diane stil has some followers that are defending her left and right.. so sad..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Jaime » January 23rd, 2006, 2:40 pm

yes i was getting flamed by them lmao :rolleyes2:
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pblove » January 23rd, 2006, 2:51 pm

I don't think those are the puppies I am thinking of gf.
She came on one night, posted pics of puppies that had just come to the shelter, she said she had just treated them for mange.
A day or so later, was asked how the puppies were doing, no reply, asked again, then , something to the effect, "oh I had to put them all down they didn;t respodn well to the treatment"??
I don;t remember a Mommy dog with that group of puppies. Plus I don;t go to rescue very often so I would have not seen the blue puppies in there.
But I could be remembering it wrong.
Sadly, that was my first impression of her, and it was not a happy one.
pblove
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » January 23rd, 2006, 2:52 pm

Sharon, Violet would know about those puppies, she took one of them & cured him & adopted him out. You are remembering correctly.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby bustersmama » January 23rd, 2006, 2:55 pm

pblove wrote:I don't think those are the puppies I am thinking of gf.
She came on one night, posted pics of puppies that had just come to the shelter, she said she had just treated them for mange.
A day or so later, was asked how the puppies were doing, no reply, asked again, then , something to the effect, "oh I had to put them all down they didn;t respodn well to the treatment"??
I don;t remember a Mommy dog with that group of puppies. Plus I don;t go to rescue very often so I would have not seen the blue puppies in there.
But I could be remembering it wrong.
Sadly, that was my first impression of her, and it was not a happy one.

was it Kates litter? I remember the ones you are talking about Shar - it was in the rescue section of ***?
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 2:56 pm

Well what i understand from Mange it takes time for the treatment to work fully if it's a bad case of mange ...

hrm's

And I really wanted to buy that book she wrote with Mr. Colby , cause I was interested in the history of Colby dogs ... well guess I won't buy it cause if profit goes to her NO WAY JOSE ... :thumbsdown:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby babyreba » January 23rd, 2006, 3:05 pm

Diane did have the pups from Grunt's litter PTS because they were very ill, as I understand it. The way she described it, their skin was sloughing off and they were miserable. I actually thought this was a compassionate euth.

BUT Kate Dog had a litter and all but 3 of the pups were PTS because they were mixed. Diane left 3 for Kate because she was afraid the poor dog would freak if all her puppies were suddenly missing. Then a few weeks ago, she posted that she had puppies that were in danger of being PTS because she didn't have time for them.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 3:06 pm

babyreba wrote:Then a few weeks ago, she posted that she had puppies that were in danger of being PTS because she didn't have time for them.

do you have a link for that by any chance?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bustersmama » January 23rd, 2006, 3:09 pm

bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby babyreba » January 23rd, 2006, 3:18 pm

yep, that's the thread i was talking about.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 3:22 pm

yep, she had no time for 3 pups, had to get them out of her house.. now she goes and gets another pup? i thought her knees were bad??? :evil: lets see if this pup grows up with no training either like the others
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 3:28 pm

My thoughts are this ...

She wanted a game dog , a working dog , aren't there any game-working dogs that are health tested , etc ???

It boggles my mind ..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby babyreba » January 23rd, 2006, 3:32 pm

Emi wrote:She wanted a game dog , a working dog , aren't there any game-working dogs that are health tested , etc ???

unfortunately, there really aren't many at all . . . actually, i can't think of one off the top of my head that's putting out old-school typey dogs that health tests.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 3:32 pm

bustersmama wrote:http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=32529

Charming...

Get these three pups out of my house. I'm going to have them put down because

1. my knees are bad (why did you take them in?)
2. they need attentions (why did you take them in if you don't have the time)
3. because I'm going on a trip (do I even have to comment)

so... it all boils down to: I'll kill these puppies because I just can't be bothered with them.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 3:37 pm

Emi wrote:My thoughts are this ...

She wanted a game dog , a working dog , aren't there any game-working dogs that are health tested , etc ???

It boggles my mind ..

No, there aren't any that I have ever heard of. People who are fighting their dogs don't give a carp about health testing. If the dog can live through a dog fight or two (or 5) then it is breeding material. Health testing just cuts into the profits.

She is just plain arrogant. There are PLENTY of shelter and rescue dogs with the drive and temperament to be working dogs. She didn't rescue because she didn't want to, and thinks that anyone who doesn't sympathise with her 'plight' is just too ignorant to understand anyway.

The third place dog at PSA Nationals in 2005 was a neutered AB from the pound. Confident, clear headed and a ball of fire. Oh look, maybe there are three dogs in rescue good enough for her.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby girlie » January 23rd, 2006, 3:38 pm

Son of a B@tch......................now I have to change my name!!!

Why must stupid people share MY name..........why?????
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 3:40 pm

So true

But , I wasn't talking about the fighting dogs , I mean the well fit ones ..

I know what I was thinking but had nothing to do with the ones who fight their dogs...
Emi
Full of Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk