You all are going to LOVE this...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Sariss » January 25th, 2006, 10:17 am

I had never heard of her posting about dogs that had been killed in her yard. Was that on PBF? :?
Sariss
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » January 25th, 2006, 10:19 am

JCleve86 wrote:From what I gathered from Scot's post, he said he didn't send the results in to any "official" agency but rather read the films himself and found them to be worthy of breeding the dog.

I really don't see how you can compare Diane...who has told folks for years there is no reason to breed and has pushed her rescue efforts...to Scot, who is a responsible breeder. I haven't done the research on Tyson, but from what I gather, his breeder isn't pumping out two litters in one month and selling puppies to anyone with 700 dollars. To me, even if it's "just" an ethical difference between the breeders, it's all the difference in the world. I also don't see how you could compare Scot...who, as he has publicly stated, is making every effort to unify to breed to Diane...who...as anyone who has seen her interactions can see...without making efforts manages to tinkle a LOT of people off and stir up conflict in the breed. Even within the same crowd (rescue). Even within the same damn rescue group.

At that, I don't think it's the lack of health testing...it's that Totanka is a puppy mill, and yet Diane acted like whoopsy, no biggy, cause it's ME, not one of you morons. Neither Scot nor Kim ever flaunted their actions NEARLY as much as this and made their plans clear...to improve the breed by using these great dogs as "foundations" ...AND we have reason to believe them. What is Diane's purpose with this puppy? To breed her? How can she do that in her condition?

I can see where you are coming from, but I think your focusing too much on one of the issues (lack of health testing) and not seeing the big picture.

I agree. Did Scott come to message boards & BASH the hell out of the very people he got his dogs from before he got them? Did he say over & over & over again how breeders should STOP breeding altogether & then run out & buy a puppy? There is no comparison in what Diane has done & what Scott is doing. He is trying to make a differernce in the breed, SHE is trying to make a name for herself. Doesn't want to be on a pedestal? My ass she doesn't! I don't knwo Scott at all, all I know of him is his website, his message board & his kennel. I have always been MUCH more impressed with him that I have Messup. Not to mention I would kill for one of his dogs. Maybe he did buy from untested stock but he is testing his so what is the problem? Diane's breeder isn't & seems to have no plans to. Is he STILL doing it? Or was this to jsut get his foundation dogs?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » January 25th, 2006, 10:26 am

Sariss wrote:I had never heard of her posting about dogs that had been killed in her yard. Was that on PBF? :?

No, it was on Pitbullpets several years ago.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby concreterose » January 25th, 2006, 10:28 am

odnarb wrote:Flat out, Diane's delivery was very poor. She can be very crass, and insensitive.

But, my problem is the blatant hypocracy all around. It's terrible if Diane buys from a dog from somebody who doesn't health test, but it's fine if Matrix and Roki do it.

Even now, everyone is kissing Scot's fanny when he's SAYING that he health tested his dog, but won't provide proof. If it were anyone else saying they have nothing to prove, they would lynch them. I remember when he first showed up a few years ago. He was showing a 25 inch dog that was over 100 lbs (but he was balanced! LOL). How quickly things change!

Scot did not come on a message board where he has a LOT of influence over members and basically tell everyone to KISS off because he bought a dog from a puppymill. Funny how you are crying hypocracy and feeling people are showing favortism towards Scot as a responsible breeder because you are publicly called out for comparing him to Diane. It's comparing apples and oranges. Diane was NOT banned for buying a dog from a puppymill, she's done it before and everybody knows. It's the slap in the face way she posted about it as well as other things she has said that has been building up to this moment. Honestly, your railings and dragging other people in the whole Diane situation to subtly discredit them are becoming quite tiresome. You come across as being a very vindictive person.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby bustersmama » January 25th, 2006, 10:32 am

concreterose wrote:
odnarb wrote:Flat out, Diane's delivery was very poor. She can be very crass, and insensitive.

But, my problem is the blatant hypocracy all around. It's terrible if Diane buys from a dog from somebody who doesn't health test, but it's fine if Matrix and Roki do it.

Even now, everyone is kissing Scot's fanny when he's SAYING that he health tested his dog, but won't provide proof. If it were anyone else saying they have nothing to prove, they would lynch them. I remember when he first showed up a few years ago. He was showing a 25 inch dog that was over 100 lbs (but he was balanced! LOL). How quickly things change!

Scot did not come on a message board where he has a LOT of influence over members and basically tell everyone to KISS off because he bought a dog from a puppymill. Funny how you are crying hypocracy and feeling people are showing favortism towards Scot as a responsible breeder because you are publicly called out for comparing him to Diane. It's comparing apples and oranges. Diane was NOT banned for buying a dog from a puppymill, she's done it before and everybody knows. It's the slap in the face way she posted about it as well as other things she has said that has been building up to this moment. Honestly, your railings and dragging other people in the whole Diane situation to subtly discredit them are becoming quite tiresome. You come across as being a very vindictive person.

Well put.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pLaurent » January 25th, 2006, 11:36 am

All very well said. Those are the reasons she was also banned on PBP - for being nasty, rude, racist, condescending, crude and disrespectful of the lives of the dogs she's killed (directly or indirectly).
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Darlazmum » January 25th, 2006, 12:36 pm

Like what exactly?I am missing it.

In light of what you wrote I went back and read, maybe it's her tone of voice which is" A" typical, but her comments were:

....Katrina refugees waiting. Only one that I saw was unstable in temperament, the rest seemed friendly, and starved for attention. The red bitch in the middle sitting on her house ripped my heart out.

It's just the fact that here she is down there to see the place, and she says the one she saw was ill tempered.

Red, I guess I just don't fly with negative personalities, realistic yes, but negative, I just can't stand. I mean throw the lady a bone, look at them, you know your gonna write on your website , thus getting coverage, and all you can say is the one you saw was ill tempered?!? Why say anything if you can't give a positive spin on it?

Just me.
Darlazmum
Just Whelped

Postby aurora » January 25th, 2006, 12:39 pm

No one can argue with what Jessup has done for the breed as far as awareness goes, but for those of us who have been listening to her crap from the PitBullPets days, it's obvious that her number one priority is herself. She can get up on her soapbox and preach to others about being responsible, not breeding, etc., but BRAGS about the deaths of her dogs, gives people terrible advice (get rid of your dogs instead of managing them??) and goes out and buys a pup from a BYB. She's disgraceful. She says one thing and does another because it suits her. She doesn't care about the future of the breed, IMO.

She bought a pup for her own reasons and as a grown woman, she can do what she wants, but you can't argue that it's a slap in the face to all of us who work out butts off to change the way people thing about the breed and where it's going, and a poor example to all the newbs who look to her as an example.

And she never asked to be a role model or representative of the breed or whatever she said, BULL! When you write books, create websites, and make yourself a public figure and "expert" on pit bulls, you are telling others that you're in the know and should be listened to.

She's nothing but a manipulative, selfish cow.
aurora
Just Whelped

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Aurora. great post ..
:goodStuff:

And I think it's time we all had enough of the drama of Diane Jessup , we all know what she is and what she did , and how we feel about her ...

She finally showed her true self and if people can't figure that out then i guess they have blinders on ...

I think it's time we moved on to more important things ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby bustersmama » January 25th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Yeah, like why the hizlzle do I have two of the cutest dogs on the planet with NO good applications on them?? (okay there is one app, we shall see)

darnit!
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby aurora » January 25th, 2006, 12:52 pm

OH! In love with the reeeed noooose. Damn you dog aggressive Roxy!
aurora
Just Whelped

Postby Kangas Mommy » January 25th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Oh and then there was the one time when i took in my foster/rescue/adoptee BUHBEE the english bully who loves life and is such a free spirit. He has spina bifida and must wear diapers. So she said oh poor dog he should be put down. GRRRR...She never even met him!
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 1:52 pm

Well , we all love Buhbee and her thoughts on him well doesn't matter now does it :?: :?: :?: :?: He is exactly where he's suppost to be .. :D
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby pLaurent » January 25th, 2006, 3:12 pm

BUHBEE the english bully who loves life and is such a free spirit.

Oh I think I've seen his pic! Total cutie!:)

It's not the first time she's told people to kill their dogs based on something posted on the net. Unfortunately, some took her advice.

She may need to wear Depens one day. Maybe someone will put her down.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 25th, 2006, 3:16 pm

well, she DOES have bad knees & a very bad temperment. :shrug: No to mention delusions of granduer

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pittymomma » January 25th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Now, now, Red, we all can't have oriental carpet in our spotless garages

LOL, I completely understand the need for a carpet in a garage! I just recently added one to my garage so I wouldnt get the nice clean cement dirty!!

Red due to our clean freak behaviour and as DJ pointed out how rescuers have filthy homes, we should write a book too on how to "rescue and keep your home clean " maybe with enough book sales we too could a fford a jenny like DJ lol.

We just wont let book sales go to our heads. :wink:

V
pittymomma
Just Whelped

Postby SpiritFngrz » January 25th, 2006, 3:32 pm

I don't know much about the bloodlines...
That puppy has got Rottie-looking markings! Cute, yes.
Although, I agree why brag about where she got it?
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Red » January 25th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Darlazmum wrote: I mean throw the lady a bone, look at them, you know your gonna write on your website , thus getting coverage, and all you can say is the one you saw was ill tempered?!? Why say anything if you can't give a positive spin on it?
Just me.

My take is that she was expecting to find most Katrina dogs unstable.The thing is that for some odd reason she has thrown a lot of crap on these dogs in general.There are bad dogs (two there were put down) and good dogs, like everywhere in the country.To blame a whole bunch of dogs from one part of the country because she has "heard" that a few were bad apples....isn't that where BSL come from?Ignorant prejudice.
The one dog she is referring to...she is the only person who had a problem with it.Maybe the dog sensed the evil presence . :P
Yes, perhaps you are right now that I think about it.She simply had to point out that she has found one Katrina dog that is unsound (in her opinion anyway)...maybe she thought she would get a medal or she had to prove that she was "right".Totally like her.
Red
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby odnarb » January 25th, 2006, 5:04 pm

concreterose wrote:Funny how you are crying hypocracy and feeling people are showing favortism towards Scot as a responsible breeder because you are publicly called out for comparing him to Diane. It's comparing apples and oranges.

I wasn't just crying hypocracy the, I've been calling it for a long, long time.

If anyone else had shown up on the scene in early 2000, then 3 years later did a breeding where they SAID they did x-rays and read them themselves, they would be crucified. That's just palin crazy, now breeders are good as good as veterinary radiologists?

There are some breeders that get a green light for about anything they do, and it makes me very, very puzzled and sad. What makes some better than others? He's not doing anything that a lot of other Pitterstaff breeders are doing, other than making cool websites.

Honestly, your railings and dragging other people in the whole Diane situation to subtly discredit them are becoming quite tiresome. You come across as being a very vindictive person.

I was really mad when I read this statement this morning, but didn't have time to reply. Then I thought about, you are right. I'm angry and vindictive. I despise the vast majority of the people in this breed, and in the last year my anger just grows. Several incidents have led up to this.

I went and visited one of the sweethearts in the breed at their home last year. This person is often held up as the picture of responsible. They had 12 or more dogs, yet only 6 TINY kennels. Where were the rest of the dogs? They live in crates. And the kennels that I saw were filthy and there were feces everywhere. Friends have reported this to me many times with other reputatble breeders. It's becoming commonplace.

A dog was bred with great cheering and applause, he is very titled. Yet when the dog was younger, the owner told me what a crappy temperament he had. I've witnessed him acting tweaky. A few titles later and he's the epitome of perfection, even with that temperament. But, nobody cares.

Another sweetheart of the breed sold a dog bred by a friend to a puppymill. My friend found out through an online forum, not from his "friend" that sold the dog. The sweetheart who sold the dog avoided phone calls, finally sending a lame-ass email.

This kind of crap happens over and over and over, and I'm absolutely angry and disgusted. Everyone looks the other way, because they produce "pretty" dogs, titles, big wins, whatever, but don't actually look at the whole picture. There have been more incidents, but I don't have time to get into all of them.

The last year has left me angry and jaded, and I don't think I'll even have another pit bull again. The breed as it should be is lost, but everyone continues to applaud the half assed attempts that are more self serving than for the breed itself.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2006, 6:29 pm

Aimee, if what you are saying is true, then why isn't it made public? The reason that so many people hold these breeders up as 'perfict' is because stuff like what you are saying is hidden away behind the slick websites and the pretty show ribbons.

I understand your frusteration, but the vast majority of us aren't in areas where the 'responsible' breeders are, so we have to go by what those breeders say and what their supporters say.

I'm not going to fly to Texas to visit Matrix kennels and check them out so I can form an opinion of them. I have to go by their website, what they say on forums and what people who have been there have to say about it. (Matrix is the first that came to mind, I'm not 'targeting' them.)

when people hide the truth, they can't justify getting mad that others don't know the truth. That's like someone who doesn't bother to vote complaining about the government. If you don't step up and do what you can, how can you complain?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk