You all are going to LOVE this...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 12:55 pm

I hope so to mnp13
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 12:56 pm

Remote Training Collar aka E-collar, I don't see any problem with those if they are used right ... which i'm sure you did ...

But a cattle prod i'm still blown away by that .. :shock:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 23rd, 2006, 12:57 pm

He banned me over the people I chose to hang out with. I guess.....I never got an answer as to why.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 1:00 pm

:eek1:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby babyreba » January 23rd, 2006, 1:36 pm

this whole thing is revolting to me.

i actually was really, really turned off by her a few months ago when she posted about how she was going to put some of Kate Dog's pups to sleep because they were mixed and too hard to place.

if she chooses to do that in her rescue practices, there's nothing i can do about it.

but to POST ABOUT IT? and put the crying emoticon next to the posting as if she really cared? if she did, she would have just sucked it up and placed those puppies, not euthed them for being pit mixes.

and people applauded her and cried with her over that, too. whatever. :rolleyes2:

i'm disgusted. i never pointed new people to her site in the past because i always felt there were a few questionable items on it and things that newbies could misconstrue . . . so i always send them to PBRC instead. now i'm absolutely never, ever going to ever send anyone to her site ever. i'm sickened by her nonchalant attitude about these dogs. :x
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 1:39 pm

:goodStuff: babyreba
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 1:41 pm

and here is what happed to Guppy, now all i knew was that guppy was a soft dog.
As to The Gup, a sweet little dog, I euthanized her when her temperament went south as she matured. I never shouted from the rooftops about this as the folks who gave her to me were very nice people and I did not want them hurt by it. But, as I am being called upon to account for all my dogs, I will say: yup, unsound temperament gets you a one way ticket around here. If you don't want to know what happens to a dog, don't ask!

Maryellen
I live here

Postby babyreba » January 23rd, 2006, 1:43 pm

Attn Rescue folks, this just in: According to DJ, we are freaks who live in filthy houses and neglect kids.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby pblove » January 23rd, 2006, 1:45 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Some one should ask her about the 3 dogs that died in ONE year on her yard due to kennel "accidents" and why she felt the need to brag about it. :rolleyes2:

does that include the ones that died over the corn chips in her living room
or those puppies she treated for mange one evening, then the next morning she killed them all?
I have always remembered those dogs.
But then after reading/seeing so much stuff about her, thought I should let it go as she was trying to do right by the breed, yeah right!!!
Well at least I never gave her one penny for any of her shirts, magazines or books, as bad as I did want to read that book about the dog that spoke to or with gods .
Did she ever straighten out that mess with the people that bought suspscriptions to her magazine and never got it? I hope that people will stop supporting her finances.
What a disgrace to the breed is all I can say. :(
pblove
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 1:50 pm

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... c&start=60

the last few paragraphs state what she did with guppy per my quote above..

sharon,maybe you should call her out on the dogs that died, or the euth'ing of pups that had mange, see what she says..which will be hogwash anyway
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 1:51 pm

She killed puppies just cause they had mange :?: :?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 1:55 pm

emi, she almost killed a bunch of pups because the were pit mix.. but a rescue took them...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 1:56 pm

:eek1:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 1:57 pm

Ok some thing I read on another board I was peeking around on , said that she bought that one dog from a drug dealer , that is hear say from that board, now I am asking is that true ? If some one knows ??
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Jp » January 23rd, 2006, 1:58 pm

Anyone remember Arson??????? Ring a bell?
Jp
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 1:59 pm

Hey JP!! yep, i remember Arson!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby GreddyGirl » January 23rd, 2006, 2:01 pm

DJ wrote:
I knew I was going to get screamed at by those who never miss a chance, and just figured I'd do it and get it over with. The broken hearts will mend. I'm going to be away from the computer for a bit, so I thought - what a great time!

Ask her all the question you want :(
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 2:05 pm

Maryellen wrote:and here is what happed to Guppy, now all i knew was that guppy was a soft dog.
As to The Gup, a sweet little dog, I euthanized her when her temperament went south as she matured. I never shouted from the rooftops about this as the folks who gave her to me were very nice people and I did not want them hurt by it. But, as I am being called upon to account for all my dogs, I will say: yup, unsound temperament gets you a one way ticket around here. If you don't want to know what happens to a dog, don't ask!

B-U-L-L

She didn't bother to do any work with the dog for a year, not even leash manners (she stated that herself), and then all of a sudden Guppy had temperament issues and had to be put down? I smell something rotten.

Here are some other special quotes from her:
Almost without exception the folks I have met in rescue have been freaks. Most with filthy houses, neglected kids, warehoused dogs... but guess what, I work with them and don't get all judgemental. They are doing what THEY feel is right, and I expect them to understand that about me.

Isn't that a special comment? I wonder what most people here would think of her house and yard, considering the descriptions she has posted herself. What about all the BYB's she has harpooned? They are just doing what they think is right, so why does she judge them?

I have NEVER bought a dog off a "respectable" kennel. Why? Because good dogs (for performance) are where you find them.

Evidently not a one can possibly come from a shelter or rescue. Only from kennels who proudly display all their 'champion' dogs.

If I ever breed dogs, you can bet they will be health tested.

except for that 'oops' litter from a few years ago, right?

The pit bull breed is in a pitiful state in America today. 15 years ago, I could go into a shelter and pick out a nice, high drive, social dog. Now, I can maybe scrape up two LAWDOGS prospect in the whole US.

One of the dumbest things she has ever said (and that's saying something). Connor came from a dumpster and he fits every criteria she has EVER posted about the dogs she is looking for. According to Diane, there are only two "nice, high drive, social" Pit Bulls in the entire country. Riiiiiiight.

So, go ahead and ban me, flame me, slit your wrists because I dissapointed you, but my fellow performance dog people WILL understand. They will forgive me, I am sure.

Somehow, I doubt anyone will be forgiving you soon.

I'm sorry that having done what I could for the breed has put me on some kind of pedastal for some people.

yeah, ok. She has entered into many a discussion starting out with 'I've been in this breed for 30 years' or 'I've put more titles on my dogs than you have' or 'I've trained with So-and-so the wolrd famous trainer' etc etc etc. She makes sure she stays right up on the pedistal where she wants to be.

But those who REALLY know me know that I am a performance dog person, I don't always neuter my males, I tether my dogs, I work my dogs, they don't wear bandanas and sun glasses, they ride in the back of pick up trucks - and - well, you get the picture

That last part is interesting. I know a number of 'working dog' people who would sooner let their children ride in the back of a pickup than their dog. Wroking dogs are valueable - and if you believe Diane - there are only two Pit Bulls in the country who are good enough for Lawdogs - so why would she treat them so carelessly?

and finally:
I knew I was going to get screamed at by those who never miss a chance, and just figured I'd do it and get it over with. The broken hearts will mend. I'm going to be away from the computer for a bit, so I thought - what a great time

I will come out and say this: This statement is a lie. Pure and simple. Every time Diane gets in hot water on the boards she 'suddenly' can't get on line, has computer problems, or can't sign on. It has happened over and over and over. Had everyone patted her on the back she would be sticking around. Instead she is getting tarred and feathered, so now she is suddenly not going to be online for a while.
Last edited by mnp13 on January 23rd, 2006, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bustersmama » January 23rd, 2006, 2:09 pm

Maybe Tatonka will mention her on their "special friends" or "references page" the whole thing makes me want to YAK.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby turtle » January 23rd, 2006, 2:13 pm

Emi wrote:She killed puppies just cause they had mange :?: :?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If I remember right, that was a litter of blue pups she found in horrid condition with their poor momma. The pups were about 6 weeks old and she put them down because they had very bad structural problems. They could not walk right, and they would not have grown up to be healthy dogs. They did have mange too.

Violet took in the one survivor "Grunt" and spent about $5000 on him in vet bills before he was adopted. I don't think he was ever healthy. That was about 3 years ago. Poor pups but they were not PTS just because of mange. I think you can still find the threads on PBF, it was way back when they started up in fall of 2003. Look way back in the "Rescue" section.
turtle
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk