Does your dog have duck feet?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby rockermom » June 17th, 2006, 10:03 am

I have posted this on another forum but not sure if I ever brought it up here. Since I have been out aned about more with nice weather, I am constantly asked what Rocky is. I usually just answer with he is a mix to get a feel of the person first. So far people usually say he looks like a dalmation. He has gotten many more spots which dont really show in pictures. Whippet, pointer and some say and I see a little pittie. Since we got Rocky we have wondered what he really is. He has duck feet and I was wondering what other dogs on here have webbed feet and are they mixed what is there x?
Here is a pic of the webbed feet.
Last edited by rockermom on June 18th, 2006, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby a-bull » June 17th, 2006, 10:07 am

Mine does . . .

He's Am Staff/Catahoula Hound. :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 17th, 2006, 10:12 am

Cool whats yours look like? Catahoula another one I have heard Rocky could posibly have.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » June 17th, 2006, 10:13 am

I have yet to see a dog without some form of webbed feet. Yours has more webbing than any of mine though.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby rockermom » June 17th, 2006, 10:18 am

Yeah his two middle pads on the front and back paws are completely attatched. Funny though so far he is afraid of water. wont go near the pool. Maybe cause he got splashed.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby call2arms » June 17th, 2006, 2:25 pm

Mine has webbing, but not as much as yours. She may be mixed with lab, but I would think she would be more webbed if that was the case...
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby cheekymunkee » June 17th, 2006, 2:36 pm

Mine have regular webbed feet that all dogs have. On another note, my baby daddy has webbed feet, but that is because he is............

SATAN!!!!!! :twisted:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » June 17th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Not all dogs have webbed feet, lol . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » June 17th, 2006, 3:07 pm

I thought that webbed feet was a trait that Labs had? Are there any other dogs that have webbed feet?
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby a-bull » June 17th, 2006, 3:11 pm

luvmyangels wrote:I thought that webbed feet was a trait that Labs had? Are there any other dogs that have webbed feet?

A bunch of sporting/water dogs---Labs being one---have webbed feet, but not all dogs.

Labs, some Spaniels, Portoguese Water dogs, to name a few. The Catahoula Hound also does, which people are mixing with pitbulls more and more.

Pitbulls don't typically, but more and more are cropping up . . .
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby a-bull » June 17th, 2006, 3:22 pm

Here's a little blurb about the Catahoula for ya~

The Catahoula Leopard Dog is the only breed of dog native to Louisiana and became our official state dog in 1979. This hound is a cross of a domestic dog the Indians of the Catahoula Lake region raised and a Spanish "war dog" that came through the area in the early 1500's. The dog has glassy eyes, webbed feet, and spotted coat and is gentle with children, loyal to family, and aggressive to strangers, making it a good pet and guard dog. As a hunting dog the animal is diligent, dependable, efficient and especially good at tracking deer, coons and squirrels.

(from a Louisiana.gov website) :)
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » June 17th, 2006, 3:47 pm

A-Bull that was some great information. Thanks for sharing.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 17th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Can we see what your amstaff/catahoula looks like? I had read that one of a catahoulas most prominent features are their very webbed duck like feet. they were bred with local wild dogs Because of their need to wade in the swamps. There is also a breed of catahoula bulldogs looks alot like a pitbull.
I also understand that pointers and wimeraners (spelling), that virginia something or other cant think of it now.

catahoula bulldog link
http://www.bulldoginformation.com/catah ... lldog.html

Catahoula- comes in many varieties. the dog chili twist on the bottom left hand side of the website below has the exact same build and face as Rocky.
http://www.bulldoginformation.com/catah ... opard.html
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » June 17th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Hey look at this I went snooping around when I saw the dog chilli twist I clicked the link to the breeder. Interesting that they breed catahoulas and they also breed pit bull dogs. Think some may have gotten together? hmmm well here is chili twists page he was a show dog. Check him out one interesting dog and I am amazed how much Rocky looks like him except the coloring.
http://www.leoparddog-orchid.com/index2.htm
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby a-bull » June 17th, 2006, 4:44 pm

houlabulla? wrote:Can we see what your pit bull wanna be/catahoula looks like? I had read that one of a catahoulas most prominent features are their very webbed duck like feet. they were bred with local wild dogs Because of their need to wade in the swamps. There is also a breed of catahoula bulldogs looks alot like a pitbull.
I also understand that pointers and wimeraners (spelling), that virginia something or other cant think of it now.

catahoula bulldog link
http://www.bulldoginformation.com/catah ... lldog.html

Catahoula- comes in many varieties. the dog chili twist on the bottom left hand side of the website below has the exact same build and face as Rocky.
http://www.bulldoginformation.com/catah ... opard.html

You found two of my favorite links. :)

I'll scrounge up a pic for you . . .
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby a-bull » June 17th, 2006, 4:53 pm

There are lots of pitbulls being mixed with Catahoula out there.

Alot of byb's are doing it for color, and it's definitely not cool, because it's messing up the original pitbull temperment and general health.

Some byb's are intentionally mixing them for the temperment you get by combining the two, which again, is not good---because pitbulls are naturally people loving, and Catahoula tend to be too guarding and don't tend to like strangers---also, they are used for herding animals like cattle, and it's one of the only herding dogs I can think of where biting while herding is acceptable. Not cool to mix those traits with a pitbull, in my opinion.

I think alot of the "pitbulls" you're seeing with muddled temperments are due to mixing.
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » June 17th, 2006, 5:08 pm

I think alot of the "pitbulls" you're seeing with muddled temperments are due to mixing.

Exactly!!

Don't all dogs have a bit of webbing where their toes meet the feet? Mine all do. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » June 17th, 2006, 5:12 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:

Exactly!!

Don't all dogs have a bit of webbing where their toes meet the feet? Mine all do. :|

lol . . . no, but don't sweat it---who would know unless you're into smelling little frito feet. :D
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby GSDBulldog » June 17th, 2006, 5:23 pm

All my dogs have webbed feet. My neighbors OFRN bitch has webbed feet. My friends AmStaff has webbed feet. The English Bulldog down the street has webbed feet.

I want to see a dog who doesn't have at least some webbing between their toes.
GSDBulldog
Just Whelped

Postby a-bull » June 17th, 2006, 5:42 pm

GSDBulldog wrote:All my dogs have webbed feet. My neighbors OFRN bitch has webbed feet. My friends pit bull wanna be has webbed feet. The English Bulldog down the street has webbed feet.

I want to see a dog who doesn't have at least some webbing between their toes.

I own one now and owned one before with zero webbing---I also own one with webbing who as I mentioned, is part Cat Hound.

All dogs do not have webbed feet, you guys . . .

Come on people with dogs without webbed feet---where are you??
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk