Thanks for the support and comments.
I didnt make this post call out anyone that had anything negative to say.. like I said, Ive learnt from ALL comments/ PM's & emails. Michelle, I appreciate the help but I dont think anyone was trying to harrass
me. Some people just have different takes on this situation, and I cant blame them since they didnt have the 'full' story. Instead of getting butthurt, I took them all with a grain of salt, and decided to delete them and address the situation here. Some still might not understand and/or agree with what Ive decided.. but thats their problem now.
ME - Ive got your number on speed dial!
a-bull - Ive considered everything.. 10x over. A 50/50 chance of them getting along or not, is unfortunately, a chance I cannot take. Both the things going on in my life right now, and my inexperience has played a part in that decision. To be honest, I couldnt tell you 100% what he is. We met both the mother and father dogs, my husband being alittle more attentive to what the breed really looks like.. agree's with what the breeder told us, that Brock is full pit. I question why she was only selling him for $50 if he is a full pit, but it could have been because she knew of his infection, considering she was selling the others for much more. Charlie is definately a mix though.. we just dont know exactly what he's mixed with.
msvette - like I said, I agree that by buying brock I was encouraging them to breed more, but I also feel that if I hadnt, someone else would have and probably wouldnt have given him the best start at life. Ive looked over the breeders ad again, and she has already sold most of them.. for a much higher price. Brock would have been bought in a second flat, thats why I feel there was a reason that everything happened when, and the way it did. I dont feel it was my responsibility to take him, I chose to, and like I said.. I had intended to keep him as my own. I chose to not walk away from him, and I chose to give him a better home, whether its with me or someone else I know will provide the best home for him. I could have chosen to walk away, but then Id have had to choose to ignore every thought of what might of happened to him. Its not our responsibility to save every dog that might be in danger, we all choose to.. because whoever had them before us obviously didnt take the resonsibility that they should have. Thankfully so. If I had walked away just because it was a bad breeder, and we all started walking away because a dog came from a bad breeder/fighter/abusive home.. where would our dogs be? I whole heartedly disagree that the best thing would have been to walk away.
The only 'mistake' I believe Ive made, is ignorantly thinking I could keep and provide Brock a home myself. The only thing I regret, is not being able to do so. Ive taken each step as responsibly as I can with Brocks best interest in mind, but of course.. any of you are entitled to disagree.
Thanks again for the support, and questions. I'll continue to try my best to explain if you have any other comments/questions.. but I may start charging a fee!