$30 - 3 Toys - 30 Minutes

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 15th, 2006, 1:09 pm

If you poke it open does it rot after a while?
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby 04100824 » June 15th, 2006, 5:35 pm

:|
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » June 15th, 2006, 6:51 pm

:| I would think it would rot, or stink...
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby 04100824 » June 15th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Hasn't yet...

LOL! Sounds like I'm a guinea pig here? He would have punctured it anyway... he had already figured out that the indentions were a fun place to stick his fangs. Better in our sink than our floor. :wink:
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 15th, 2006, 8:32 pm

It's only $2.00. Throw it away after a while & get another. :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby GSDBulldog » June 15th, 2006, 10:19 pm

It will start to rot after about a week, but by that time the will find a way to open it on his own. Crack it open if you want, scrape out the meat, & them them play with the halves (If your dog is a nut like mine, it doesn't matter if it's no longer round).
GSDBulldog
Just Whelped

Postby Hoyden » June 16th, 2006, 12:48 pm

I gotta try one of those for Birdie the Beaver dog. Lately she is chewing and stealing like you can't imagine. I am ready to kill her!

She is tethered to me or crated when I can't keep an eye on her, but she still finds stuff. At the rate she's going, she will have cleaned out the junk from under every piece of furniture in my house!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby rockermom » June 16th, 2006, 2:20 pm

Hoyden wrote:I gotta try one of those for Birdie the Beaver dog. Lately she is chewing and stealing like you can't imagine. I am ready to kill her!

She is tethered to me or crated when I can't keep an eye on her, but she still finds stuff. At the rate she's going, she will have cleaned out the junk from under every piece of furniture in my house!

I bought one saving it for the weekend. UGGHh stealing I was just going to post a thread if they ever stop stealing. Especially bathroom tissue from the trash. GROSS. Yesterday he stole my braclet right off of the end table. At least he does not steal as much as he use too now he only steals new items that were not there before.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » June 17th, 2006, 2:04 pm

The coconut got a hole in it in about 10min. Rocky did not roll it around like he would with a soccer ball. He chewed at it. and is still chewing at it. Probably ants in there by now.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » June 17th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Hey my husband had an idea. Possibly the coconut can be presereved. He was thinking maybe put wax in it? Im looking it up.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby 04100824 » June 19th, 2006, 3:02 pm

rockermom wrote:Hey my husband had an idea. Possibly the coconut can be presereved. He was thinking maybe put wax in it? Im looking it up.

MAN! And we laugh at them when they get peanut butter in their mouth! WAX would be FUNNY!

Reno chewed on his too, but he sees to like chasing it and batting it around just as much
Confident Young Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » June 19th, 2006, 6:56 pm

My dogs AND cats eat bone every day. They have never had any bone fragments in their stool and they are all in perfect health. Maggies bloodwork is perfect. They get raw meat/bone for their dinner and for treats.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » June 19th, 2006, 6:58 pm

and I'd be willing to bet ALOT that the bones you saw in the dogs' stool were cooked. Raw bones are digested. Raw chicken bones are actually very soft.
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Malli » June 20th, 2006, 7:14 am

But, have you ever had them exrayed to see if the bones are passing entirely? This is what I was curious about.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Magnolia618 » June 20th, 2006, 8:02 am

No, but I dont believe I need to. If bones were still inside Maggie after over two years of feeding raw, I think we'd have a problem. Raw bones are quite soft and their stomachs have no problem breaking them down.
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 20th, 2006, 9:40 am

04100824 how is Reno's coconut holding up? Rocky's is outside. He still goes and bats and chews it. Seems to be holding up. Saw some ants come out of the hole. Maybe the ants will eat it clean and I dont have to it worry about it rotting. Maybe it will dry out in the hot sun?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby lipshipsattitude » June 20th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Have you guys tried cow hoofs? That is the only thing that lasts in my house and that she actually likes. They dont break off in shards or make their tummy hurt like pig ears and you can fill them with stuff if you want too. I fill Rory's with peanut butter, freeze it for 24 hours, it only takes a while for her to get the PB out but the cow hoof lasts a good couple of days and there cheap too! They stink sometimes but ohwell.
Rory never liked the kong, she is to imaptient, she likes the nylabones and the doggie tire toys.
OH MAN we got her a tire toy with a rope attahced and she would bite the rope and shake it making the tire hit her in the face, HARD too. She would get so mad everytime it hit her in the face so she would shake harder.....making it hit harder, oh thats pure comedy right there, I felt bad, ha ha!
lipshipsattitude
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 20th, 2006, 5:20 pm

lipshipsattitude wrote:OH MAN we got her a tire toy with a rope attahced and she would bite the rope and shake it making the tire hit her in the face, HARD too. She would get so mad everytime it hit her in the face so she would shake harder.....making it hit harder, oh thats pure comedy right there, I felt bad, ha ha!

Could you get video of that please? :D
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » June 21st, 2006, 5:46 pm

omg, I HAVE to video tape Oscar with his water-rope kong. He gives himself a severe beating with it, and bucks around in a circle like a horse, its hysterical, and I'd let him do it more except the second to last water kong got wrecked on it's first use when he shook it so hard the rope popped out of the end.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby 04100824 » June 21st, 2006, 6:02 pm

rockermom wrote:04100824 how is Reno's coconut holding up? Rocky's is outside. He still goes and bats and chews it. Seems to be holding up. Saw some ants come out of the hole. Maybe the ants will eat it clean and I dont have to it worry about it rotting. Maybe it will dry out in the hot sun?

I got him anew one yesterday. it started growing icky fuzzy mold inside. blech!
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk