Tips for picking up a dog from the airport

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Maryellen » July 24th, 2006, 11:08 am

i am glad she arrived safe and sound, and that patcheeno is in love too.. you know how those arranged marriages can go sometimes..

and pictures???
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 24th, 2006, 11:55 am

Maryellen wrote:i am glad she arrived safe and sound, and that patcheeno is in love too.. you know how those arranged marriages can go sometimes..

and pictures???

Waiting for someone to help with picts as I'm still tentative . I'm a worry wart I guess LOL

Better to be safe though

I'll get the picts up soon
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Attila Magyar » July 24th, 2006, 1:21 pm

let them lock at least twice. The only hinderance will be his lack of experience but he will figure it out. If you can have them in a place they can't excape and you can watch them but not where the know your watching. Nature gets side tracked when human presence is known.
I hunt at night
Attila Magyar
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 24th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Attila Magyar wrote:let them lock at least twice. The only hinderance will be his lack of experience but he will figure it out. If you can have them in a place they can't excape and you can watch them but not where the know your watching. Nature gets side tracked when human presence is known.
My one and only breeding was an AI with Starlit so I'm a newbie. Thanks for the tip

I still haven't let them play yet. I wanted to give them at least a full day to settle. She is definately not receptive at the moment, it is too early in her cycle and both seem to really want to play
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Attila Magyar » July 25th, 2006, 4:15 am

that play is part of the courting dance. Let them play but keep an eye on them to avoid any problems it's a give and take thing and he has to prove himself to her. Get a little of that hormone action going on they will do what comes natural. Some people have had to use breed stands but I never have had too. I just put them in the corral and let them do what God made them to do naturally. They got to sniff each other, bounce around, act like they don't care the other exist and the frolic. Then the mating takes place they lock up and after a little while he releases his load and goes down and they play some more put them up for two days and let them do it again. The second time he should have a better idea of what he is supposed to be doing. Don't be calling their names or holding them. It generally isn't a spectator event.If you have a garage or basement that works good at keeping them contained. I have a kennel with a top on it and then I go eat lunce or something and watch them out the window on the deck. I document the time and date of each stick. Makes it easy to plan the birthing of the pups mine seem to hit like clock work.
I hunt at night
Attila Magyar
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Attila Magyar » July 25th, 2006, 4:20 am

If you have any problems at all contact me. At my email address. Hoyden, GF Turtle, MaryEllen, and Purple all should have that. I will get the message. I would put up my Phone number but I don't know every one on here. But if you do a search on Viper Kennels Inc. you will probably find my email and maybe my phone number. If not just email me your number if you have troble and I will call you on my dime. I have been doing this a very long time.
I hunt at night
Attila Magyar
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 25th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Thanks! :)

She isn't ready yet: it is still too early, but we are hoping soon

I [posted some picts of them together today. Take a peek. It is under :
Gimme A Kiss Baby in the gallery
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby katiek0417 » July 25th, 2006, 10:19 pm

I agree: 2 ties (at least), let them play together. It will happen naturally. Keep a close eye in case you have to help....
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Attila Magyar » July 26th, 2006, 12:57 am

katiek0417 wrote:I agree: 2 ties (at least), let them play together. It will happen naturally. Keep a close eye in case you have to help....

For sure. Especially once they are done. Mine always seem try to climb the fence once done to chase my sheep. But It is always good to keep a blanket or towel on hand in case one gets a little cranky in the lock. It being his first he may get excited and get a little scarred of being hooked up like that. Not usually but on those rare occasions you just have to talk to him and keep him calm. They will both be panting don't worry their body core temp goes up during mateing. Sorta like people eh. Any way they will be ok just keep and eye on them you want to secure them directly when they are done. Let them both rest and get some water. Give him time to build his count back up. No worries my friend I am really glad I am not a dog. lol. That just seems to look very uncomfortable. :shock:
Attila Magyar
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk