This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Are your dogs allowed on the furniture?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 46

Postby Vanessa » June 7th, 2006, 6:52 pm

My dog was allowed on the furniture since he was a puppy and he slept on the bed with me. Then when he went to the trainer he was on NILIF and he wasn't allowed on any furniture. Now a year later he is only allowed on my couch, not my boyfriend's and he is not allowed on the beds. Sometimes if my boyfriend is working late i will let him up until he comes home. Oz knows to jump down when he hears Phil coming in the door so :wink: we don't get caught... What are your guys rules?
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby kymn25 » June 7th, 2006, 6:59 pm

My animals have the run of the house. Although Counter surfing IS NOT allowed cat or Dog. And I don't like it when the cats are on the table or shelves.
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jesseca » June 7th, 2006, 6:59 pm

well, yes and no. They are allowed on the chairs in the kids's play room, but no furniture in the living room. Though Summer sleeps with Lacy and Peanut sleeps with Chelsea, but foster dogs always sleep in their crates.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 7th, 2006, 7:01 pm

I voted yes, but one is and one isn't.

Wally has earned his couch and bed privileges, and yes they do get taken away for a while if he decides he's going to try to take charge again.

Halo isn't even allowed to look twice at any furniture. Any future dogs will be this way. Wally is the king and the only one ever to have furniture privileges.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Vanessa » June 7th, 2006, 7:03 pm

I meant to add a "sometimes" option but i guess it didn't go through... :oops:
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby girlie » June 7th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Ummm, HELL NO!!

After she ate the corner of my kitchen cabinets when she was a baby and then ate my sheets when my kids left one her crate doors unlocked (and i thought it was a child getting in bed with me, until i heard the awfull chewing noise). So NO NO NO, she can go in her crate with her toys and her bed.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » June 7th, 2006, 7:18 pm

yes. But I only really have once piece of furniture right now.... my futon. And Os is only allowed up if I invite him.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » June 7th, 2006, 7:25 pm

My guys are allowed on all the furniture in the house except for the brand-new pub height dining set ( :clap: I'm so happy!) and the bed in the master bedroom. Well, unless the hubby isn't home, then Indy gets to sleep in the bed. :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby rockermom » June 7th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Nope not allowed. Although he has been pushing it when he knows we are pre occupied leaving hair as evidence.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 7th, 2006, 7:36 pm

Inara's only allowed up when invited. And she has to get down when instructed. It's nice being able to curl up on the couch with a warm puppy (hubby works 2nd shift so I never see him!). She's not allowed upstairs (cat territory) so she doesn't get on the bed.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Maryellen » June 7th, 2006, 7:55 pm

yes, all are allowed, but in the bedroom they must be invited and do something to sleep in bed. all 3 rotate the bed at night. sometimes all 3 are in bed w/ jamie and me.. the couches upstairs they dont go on that much, but the couch in the tv room is game for all.. but all were taught when i say off the couch they must get off immediately, anyone who feels the need to get snotty looses all privileges.

i have no clue who put all these dogs on my couch, i walked away for a minute, and came back and found all 4 dogs on the loveseat....
i even allow humans on the couch....LOL
Last edited by Maryellen on June 8th, 2006, 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby anissa » June 7th, 2006, 8:09 pm

No No No.

Our furniture is a slate blue color and suede material, anything and everything sticks to them, and I cant stand having to vaccuum my furniture everyday. (im sort of a neat freak :lookaround: )

No sleeping in our bed either. Charlie knows that the bed is for mom & dad time ;) But he does sneak into my daughters bed with her often.

Last night, the puppy got to sit in the patio chair outside with me. Since.. he's been trying to jump onto the couch. Ooops!
anissa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 7th, 2006, 8:16 pm

Yep, all of them are. But it is a privelage that is taken away if they piss me off. If they misbehave they are not allowed on the furniture at all until I decide they can. In their minds, that is the worst punishment I can give them.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BigDogBuford » June 7th, 2006, 8:16 pm

Absolutely not.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 7th, 2006, 8:23 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Absolutely not.

No no no Katt! She is not asking if YOU are allowed on your furniture!! Are your DOGS?? :P
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BigDogBuford » June 7th, 2006, 8:31 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
BigDogBuford wrote:Absolutely not.

No no no Katt! She is not asking if YOU are allowed on your furniture!! Are your DOGS?? :P

:haloGreen:
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 7th, 2006, 8:41 pm

I don't know what you're talking about. :oops:

Yeah, he's allowed on furniture. If we are on it, he has to be invited up though.
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 7th, 2006, 11:00 pm

where else would Ruby sleep? :|

She has to get off when I tell her to, and if I am in bed she has to wait until she is invited up. same with the couch.

She has her own chair, and if you sit with her she will do her best to shove you off of it. If you sit in the chair she will get on and try to shove you off or jam herself next to you and sigh and look abused.

Riggs has been on my couch twice, on the bed once. That's about it. He gets spoiled at my parent's house and has been on my dad's lap in a chair. My dad thought it would be cute to teach him to sit on the kitchen chairs like Ruby does... but Riggs immediately walked onto the table. My mom didn't think that was funny, no more kitchen chairs for Riggs.

The cats do whatever they want whenever they want.

The lizard lives in a fish tank.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » June 7th, 2006, 11:13 pm

Some are, some aren't. The big dogs can't, but Copper can. Copper goes where Copper wants to. Except now that he's hurt :(
We sometimes see Libby jumping down off the furniture though, when we pull up in the drive lol
Sooooo, that's how it is around our house!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » June 7th, 2006, 11:14 pm

Oh and the cats can go wherever, but they can't come in my room because I'm allergic to them and they have to stay out of the kids' rooms too for the same reason.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk