Anyone have strong leashes to donate to Bad Rap?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby turtle » May 29th, 2006, 11:28 pm

Bad Rap does a lot of good programs to help educate pit bull owners and the public. Last December they asked for good strong collars and leashes to give out to the many owners of bullies who show up at the free shot clinics with their dogs on a chain or string.

It's a good program and I sent them about 28 strong collars and 4 leashes back then. I got lucky and found some good buckle collars at Big Lots for only $2 each. But I did not find many leashes.

Now they can use leashes:

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/adoptions.cfm

So if anyone has some good strong leashes to send to Bad Rap, I am sure they can use them!

Remember the PO has a "Flat Rate" box that ships for $8 no matter what the weight is. You just have to use their special box which is about 12" by 9" by 6", it holds a lot! I got all my 28 collars and 4 leashes in one last time and I could have fit quite a few more in.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby spurby » May 31st, 2006, 12:50 am

Good post and very worthy program!! :clap: I will certainly be keeping my eye open for cheap but sturdy leashes! I will also ask my local pet stores for any on sale.
spurby
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » May 31st, 2006, 9:33 am

I'll go by Big Lots & the dollar stores around here tonight to see what I can find to send them.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » May 31st, 2006, 10:20 am

Are nylon leashes considered "strong"?

I can probably send some of those out.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk