Life With My Dog

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mnp13 » September 13th, 2011, 8:48 pm

hugapitbull wrote:I am trying so hard to get to this.

It's letting go of the infamous "Pit Bull mystique" and accepting that they are dogs first, and breeds second. Does that make it ok that we both have dogs that are more than willing to get in our faces? No, not really, and there are many people who never ever have to think about it.

I have the ultra opposite ends of the spectrum in our house. Ruby, who I've quicked many times, who will lay there and continue to hold her down and just sigh and give me dirty looks... and Riggs who will sometimes just threaten and sometimes connect.

It's ok to be frustrated and angry and everything else at a dog that you do nothing but the right things with and is still an asshole. And it's also ok to decide that enough is enough, and make that impossible other decision. Or you grin and bear it, and make the best of things, while he gives you gray hair. :wink:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » September 13th, 2011, 9:11 pm

:rolleyes2: Or you can be like John and make it a funny trick... :rolleyes2: When John tells Sawyer "bite her"...Sawyer growls at me. :nono:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » September 13th, 2011, 9:50 pm

TheRedQueen wrote::rolleyes2: Or you can be like John and make it a funny trick... :rolleyes2: When John tells Sawyer "bite her"...Sawyer growls at me. :nono:

lmao
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » September 14th, 2011, 2:25 am

omg John!

Like I said Michelle & Shanna, nothing but admiration for your tolerance.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » September 14th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Malli wrote:Like I said Michelle & Shanna, nothing but admiration for your tolerance.

Well, I don't know about Shanna, but in my case I'm just more stubborn than he is. lol
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby hugapitbull » September 14th, 2011, 9:23 pm

I certainly don't deserve admiration. :nono: But thank you for the kind words.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby cheekymunkee » September 21st, 2011, 9:25 pm

Munkee is getting old as hell, he can hardly hear these days and has had a few 'senior moments'. He has always been good around food. I can leave a plate of food on the coffee table and he wont touch it unless I hand it to him. Never gets anything from the counter, what hits the floor is his but that's a given......there is no 5 second rule here. He has become somewhat of a food whore in his old age and I have to put up EVERYTHING now or he will get into it. He has no problem swiping things off of the counter now. The other night I had some cookies in one hand and was eating them with the other. He was watching me and waiting for his bite and I guess got a little impatient. He reached over and took a cookie from my hand, gulped it down and looked at me like :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 21st, 2011, 9:44 pm

That's awesome! He's old and entitled to get what he wants, lol .
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » September 21st, 2011, 9:57 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:That's awesome! He's old and entitled to get what he wants, lol .

HE certainly thinks so!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby TheRedQueen » September 21st, 2011, 10:12 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:That's awesome! He's old and entitled to get what he wants, lol .

HE certainly thinks so!

Ripley is pulling the same crap...he's actually knocking the lid off of the trash can now too. He's always hungry, and doesn't care if I'm standing right there. He used to be sneaky at least.

:nono: Rotten old men
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby cheekymunkee » September 21st, 2011, 11:42 pm

YEAH!! And they LAUGH at you as they do stuff and then look all "what did I do?" when you get on to them. My grandfather pulled the same crap

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby airwalk » September 21st, 2011, 11:50 pm

Okay so you two...what's Doogie's excuse? He isn't old. I call him and Magic - dumb and dumber and they trade places all the time.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Malli » September 22nd, 2011, 2:54 am

my senior with crappy hips and joints and weakness can 'miraculously' counter surf and jump onto our bed (a decent jump) when we leave. :rolleyes2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 22nd, 2011, 8:08 am

cheekymunkee wrote:YEAH!! And they LAUGH at you as they do stuff and then look all "what did I do?" when you get on to them. My grandfather pulled the same crap

Ripley laughs, but he hasn't been pulling the innocent..."what did I do" crap anymore...he just looks at me (if he even acknowledges my existence) with a "f**k you, I'm old" expression and keeps doing it...

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » September 22nd, 2011, 2:56 pm

:spit:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks their dog swears at them.

Oscar has been swearing at me with his eyes for his entire life.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby madremissy » September 22nd, 2011, 5:06 pm

Malli wrote::spit:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks their dog swears at them.

Oscar has been swearing at me with his eyes for his entire life.

Dogs communicate so much with their eyes. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » September 22nd, 2011, 8:46 pm

Rip's been yearning for nearly 14 years for a middle finger.

His FU attitude is even worse now that he's old...he's a smug old bastard now, because he has my number. ;)

TheRedQueen

Postby Jenn » September 22nd, 2011, 8:56 pm

airwalk wrote:Okay so you two...what's Doogie's excuse? He isn't old. I call him and Magic - dumb and dumber and they trade places all the time.

:giggle: Mine have the same names!!! Then there's always Ding and Dong, tweedle Dee & tweedle Dumb ~ Well among many other's that I shall keep to myself.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » September 23rd, 2011, 8:09 am

Score likes to "flea-bite" the other dogs...and the Fry cat...but no one does it to him. So I nibble him with my lips...all over his head and around his muzzle...sometimes down his neck. You should see the half-closed eyes and blissful look he gets when I do it. 8)

TheRedQueen

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk