Our mods

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Romanwild » May 27th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Did you read the first post on this thread?

Deb does not have to answer anything. She did nothing wrong and said nothing wrong.

I'm not running a poll on who likes you and who doesn't. You will have to make your own decision as to wether or not you want to be here or not.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby savagem » May 27th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Actually, I wasn't asking Deb so much as you, Roman. And I'm not asking if people like me or not. People don't know me well enough from the handful of posts I've made here to make an accurate judgement of whether they LIKE me. What I'm asking is that regardless of the way that people feel about me, am I going to be treated fairly by admin and mods?
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby savagem » May 27th, 2006, 2:05 pm

I am just curious because it seems like people were pretty much allowed to go wild when I posted for help with Susie, making claims that were unsupported by fact. And I thought that you all prided yourselves on not tolerating that sort of behavior here? I thought that you prided yourselves on being fair and impartial here? And that you didn't ban people for no good reason like the "other" site?
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Romanwild » May 27th, 2006, 2:14 pm

savagem wrote:Just one more question as long as we're being honest here--is there any point in my coming to this board to look for help or advice, or do you all have preconceived notions about me?

I'm not running a poll and you'll have to answer that question yourself.
You're welcome to run a poll if you'd like.

Because I definitely sense a difference in the way that I am treated verses the way that other members are treated.

Don't know if that's true or not. I'm not liked by a number of people but I don't lose sleep over it.

If you all have a problem with me and you're not going to treat me fairly, let's be honest about it now and we'll all avoid wasting a lot of time.

Everyone here is treated fairly and the admins and mods are honest.

All I can say is continue to post and see what happens. :| Seriosly.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Romanwild » May 27th, 2006, 2:17 pm

savagem wrote:I am just curious because it seems like people were pretty much allowed to go wild when I posted for help with Susie, making claims that were unsupported by fact. And I thought that you all prided yourselves on not tolerating that sort of behavior here? I thought that you prided yourselves on being fair and impartial here? And that you didn't ban people for no good reason like the "other" site?

Fair, yes. Impartial, no. lol
Romanwild
I live here

Postby savagem » May 27th, 2006, 2:20 pm

One last question and I've gotta go out--why was Maryellen allowed to post that I make a practice of foisting off fosters without backing it up with facts? When I pushed her to back up her claim she pm'd me a list of every post I've ever made on Petfinder, none of which had anything to do with rehoming a foster dog. Was Maryellen ever warned about making such a claim without backing it up with fact? In my eyes that was a serious accusation (with no truth behind it) that should have been required to be backed up by proof, according to what I've been told about the general practice of this forum.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby savagem » May 27th, 2006, 2:21 pm

Romanwild wrote:
savagem wrote:I am just curious because it seems like people were pretty much allowed to go wild when I posted for help with Susie, making claims that were unsupported by fact. And I thought that you all prided yourselves on not tolerating that sort of behavior here? I thought that you prided yourselves on being fair and impartial here? And that you didn't ban people for no good reason like the "other" site?

Fair, yes. Impartial, no. lol

I don't think it's possible to be fair without being impartial? :|
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Maryellen is not on right now so I will answer for her. She is on a LOT of message boards & see a LOT of things we all do not see. It's hard sometimes to post proof when the threads "over there" keep disappearing or edited. If Maryellen sees a pattern, she is welcome to state her opinion on the matter. There are a few people here who I 'know something about". I may not have all the poof right in front of me but that doesn't mean I don't know the story or that others do not. I am not stating this is the case with you, I am speaking in general.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Romanwild » May 27th, 2006, 2:30 pm

I don't know anything about that but I know Maryellen and I'll bet she can back it up.

Listen, if you don't think were fair. If you don't think we are impartial. If you're worried that people have preconceived notions of you then maybe you should find another board. :| There are a ton of them. I'm sure you can find one where no one knows you and were the admins and mods are more fair and impartial.

You're welcome to stay here as well but I'm done with this convo.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » May 27th, 2006, 2:42 pm

all the proof i had was obtained from the other board.. unfortunately, the owner of that said board moved certain posts and topics to the housekeeping section, which i was not privvy too. i didnt have a chance to copy every certain post that was made about pushing dogs off on others, then not being able to take them back , as they were either deleted, moved to housekeeping, or in the mod section and pm's.... i was browsing that other place for over a year now, and i had alot of proof... even though i could only prove the catahoula dog, it was a fact that when the dog was asked to be returned to said person that said person didnt take the dog back.. now, if said person is acting like a rescue and pulling dogs and asking adoption fees for said dogs then if someone cant handle a dog for whatever reason said person doing rescue has a responsibility to take said dog back, not let the person who cant keep the dog rehome the dog themselves..

the petfinder stuff was just proof showing how much help was asked for in money donations, etc.. a well established rescue does not post continuously on forums asking for donations for vetting, food, etc..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » May 27th, 2006, 2:49 pm

edited to add, the catahoula was one dog, and the dog kimba was another . that is 2 incidents.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby turtle » May 27th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Geez Louise, is it a full moon or something??? :|

I've never seen so many arguments on here as I have in the last few days. I've not read all of them as my own life has been very busy this week and I just don't have the time.

So is Lindsay banned or on a warning? I had some questions about worms but due this being a sucky week I have not had time to write it out and post it... Hopefully the administration can give a 2 week warning before they permanently ban someone?

In any case I hope everyone has a good week end and things settle down here!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2006, 3:00 pm

gf turtle wrote:Geez Louise, is it a full moon or something??? :|

I've never seen so many arguments on here as I have in the last few days. I've not read all of them as my own life has been very busy this week and I just don't have the time.

So is Lindsay banned or on a warning? I had some questions about worms but due this being a sucky week I have not had time to write it out and post it... Hopefully the administration can give a 2 week warning before they permanently ban someone?

In any case I hope everyone has a good week end and things settle down here!

She's banned. We don't give warnings to trolls. A troll is someone who disrupts the board & she did a very good job of doing it. Someone might have her email address. You could pm them for it. And yes, I am ready for things to settle down.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby turtle » May 27th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Ahhh, thanks Debby.

My worm question was not that important but it could have sparked an interesting discussion... But with my luck, it would have been another huge argument!

It was about the problem of worms and parasites in dogs becoming immune to the commercial wormers used. If someone does have Lindsay's email, please PM it to me as the worm tolerance is something I'd like to know more about.

And yes, let's have a peaceful and productive forum...
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2006, 3:13 pm

I am sure she has vast knowledge & could have been a help to the forum but when the bad outweighs the good............ :| We have to look out for our members, we had several people pm us telling us they were taking breaks over it, asking why we haven't banned her, things like that. It got old.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » May 27th, 2006, 5:23 pm

I very muchly appreciate the mods. Though I am well aware that this website is not all kittens and rainbows (okay, so maybe there are a good amount of cats and kittens . . . but I don't think I've seen a rainbow :P ), I have felt up until recently that a discussion could be had on this board without people getting defensive and/or personal (the culling and ear cropping threads come to mind) and it was MUCH appreciated. In real life I am in a constant state of having heated discussions with friends and family so this is regular to me, but none of us takes it personally or attacks the other (both of which I've been seeing lately), as opposed to simply giving our passionate replies about said topic.

I eagerly await the board to go back to that. I hope that we can. Just remember, 100% of the people can't be right 100% of the time. Open your minds to each replies in these heated discussions and take from it what you will. Whether or not you change your mind is your deal, just make sure that you can understand the other side of it, and educate with your knowledge when applicable.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Here...I threw in some unicorns for good measure.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby savagem » May 27th, 2006, 5:55 pm

Maryellen wrote:edited to add, the catahoula was one dog, and the dog kimba was another . that is 2 incidents.

The catahoula was never in my posession. Simply a dog in a shelter needing help.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby savagem » May 27th, 2006, 6:00 pm

[quote="Romanwild"]

Listen, if you don't think were fair. If you don't think we are impartial. If you're worried that people have preconceived notions of you then maybe you should find another board. :| There are a ton of them. I'm sure you can find one where no one knows you and were the admins and mods are more fair and impartial.

quote]

Thank you, I think I will. And/or spend more time on the things that really matter--kids, my own dogs, rescue dogs, puppies, gardens, walks.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 27th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Wow there is a lot of Drama this week :o
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk