Animal Shelter

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 25th, 2011, 11:18 pm

I had to go to the Animal Shelter today to license my dogs, so I decided to take a walk through the kennels. Seriously about 90% of the dogs there were pit bulls. It's so sad! I wanted to take them ALL home with me. All those wiggle butts so happy to see someone come to visit.
As I was walking out, I noticed they have a large bulletin board that was all pit bull positive stuff. It was "Why to adopt a pit bull (and why one may not be suitable for you)" It talked about history, temperament, why our shelter is so full of pit bulls, etc. I wish I had taken a photo. It made me very proud of them.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 26th, 2011, 7:11 am

That is why when I donate items to ours, I just leave them at the reception desk. I would be leaving with 35 senior dogs. 8)

Did you read this? My town shelter is trying....

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34641&view=unread#unread
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » February 26th, 2011, 12:27 pm

It's so hard for me to walk through a shelter. :shock: Donating goods is such an amazing way to donate....that way you know the stuff goes directly to the animals. Especially blankets and food.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Pit Bull Talk