Hoarders

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2011, 11:22 am

If they showed a true animal hoarder on the show there would be uproar. Real hoarding often involves the person getting tickets, if not outright arrested for animal cruelty.

The hoarding on the show is people harming themselves, and it's weird but whatever. But the hoarding situations that I know about locally are beyond what they would ever show.

The Chi hoarding case from California a few years ago that I was heavily involved with had dead dogs in crates that were decomposing, dogs eating the remains of other dogs, moms giving birth in the walls of the home, other dogs killing and eating the puppies... and worse. Over 100 inbred, feral dogs were taken out of that house. Can you imagine if a camera crew went in to that???? There is no way they could or would show that footage.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » January 25th, 2011, 11:56 am

I take that as a yes.

Joanna actually the woman is still the head of that group, although is very sick and there is a major coup taking place. You wouldn't believe their adoption rates and the way they run things.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » January 25th, 2011, 12:00 pm

mnp13 wrote:If they showed a true animal hoarder on the show there would be uproar. Real hoarding often involves the person getting tickets, if not outright arrested for animal cruelty.

The hoarding on the show is people harming themselves, and it's weird but whatever. But the hoarding situations that I know about locally are beyond what they would ever show.

The Chi hoarding case from California a few years ago that I was heavily involved with had dead dogs in crates that were decomposing, dogs eating the remains of other dogs, moms giving birth in the walls of the home, other dogs killing and eating the puppies... and worse. Over 100 inbred, feral dogs were taken out of that house. Can you imagine if a camera crew went in to that???? There is no way they could or would show that footage.

I agree Michelle. JQP could not handle a real hoarding case. We have had a couple local ones recently and you wouldn't believe the one that investigators said she was "up to code" so they couldn't do anything. Disgusting. Well you probably would believe.

These are people that while they fit the classic definition, it seems at least some of them are not without hope. They need someone to get in their face and offer help. I think I know the case you are talking about in CA too. UGH! They have websites dedicated to that one right? Because she is still trying to take dogs in.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2011, 12:36 pm

The Chi thing was about five years ago, I have no idea what the current stuff is, and my involvement with it got me put on a pile of DNA lists. So I'm not involved in any way now.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk