Scared Dogs

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Big_Ant » May 24th, 2006, 6:42 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:Did it EVER occur to you that maybe if we do not think a pic is cute, we just don't say anything? Saying nothing is not lying.

How do YOU know that any one of US is not being perfectly honest? When we say a dog you percieve as ugly is really cute, maybe we just have a different opinion than you? You seem to think that what you think is the truth, when it is a subjective OPINION.

Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.

You mention WE alot! When did the forum assign you to be the representative? Just like you said, we all have an opinion, however, keep in mind that your opinion is YOUR opinion.

pocketpit wrote:Ant, you and my husband would likely get along very well! One of his favorite sayings is " everyone wants the truth, no one can handle the truth".

Ain't that the truth (no pun intended)

concreterose wrote:Preach! :bowDown:

Finally, someone realizes my power and respects it! :D

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 24th, 2006, 6:48 pm

babyreba wrote:"Tucker, you are just a googly-eyed, bucktoothed mongrel that doesn't deserve to have his pictures on the Interwebs! How many times do I have to tell you?"

I love that picture!!! It is too freaking funny!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 24th, 2006, 6:50 pm

When someone tells me I am not speaking for most of us when I say these things, then I will stop. It is a fact, that when I do not think a dog is cute, (or a child), I refrain from saying anything.
That is not opinion, but a fact. It is what i do.

I may be wrong, but I imagine many here are the same way. It is indeed human natire to avoid hurting others. As I said, no one has disagreed with me on that, if they do then and only then will I apologize to those folks.

Funny, you skipped my entire post on these things being your opinion, that you cannot know if we are lying, that you yourself inferred that we are somehow over disciplining our dogs to the point of fear, that you are putting a whole lot of assumptions on us, saying we all think life is some sort of Care Bear playland yet only responded at my saying 'we. '

Am I to assume you had no real answers for all those comments I made?

Usually when people only reply to make meaningless jabs ignoring the actual content of the post, it is because they have no rebuttel to the original statements.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » May 24th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Usually when people only reply to make meaningless jabs ignoring the actual content of the post, it is because they have no rebuttel to the original statements.

THAT IS SOOOOOOO TRUE!

lol
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 24th, 2006, 7:00 pm

I do take this seriously. I do not think it is fair to blow off steam at people.

He did not say..I think these dogs look sad and afraid, and I do not think they are cute.

He said he thinks the people here are doing something to make their dogs sad, or afraid looking, and that the people here lie to each other when they say each other's dogs are cute.

He claims that he would NEVER own a mopey dog (inferring that many dogs here are mopey, whatever THAT means), as though a single snapshot could capture the personality of a dog completely.

Sorry, but he is making pretty bold statements, about abuse or overdisciplining at best, truthfulness, and now is trying to say we are sissies for having nicknames for our dogs and breed, as if the DOGS give two craps what they are called.

It is not funny, it is sad, really sad.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 24th, 2006, 7:02 pm

It's telling little white lies Ant & there is nothing wrong with that. Every one does it. If your wife asks you " do I look fat in this" are you REALLY gonna tell her if she does? If your baby girl asks you " do you like my drawing?" are you REALLY gonna tell her if you don't? There are just some things you can't tell the truth about because it is more painfu ( sometimes for YOU ) than being 100% honest. I really doubt ANYONE is 100% honest 100% ofl the time. There are a few dogs that I don't much care for the looks of but every dog is beautiful in it's own way. I can always find SOMETHING cute about it, even if it is one freckle, i'ts personality......I will find something. I say pitty on message boards but never in public, I call them pit bulls to their faces but never in public, hell I SING to them but never in public. Nothing wrong with it.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Magnolia618 » May 24th, 2006, 7:08 pm

I agree with that Debby. Everyone has to make some white lies. Whatever.

But I still think this is funny. lol
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » May 24th, 2006, 7:09 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:It's telling little white lies Ant & there is nothing wrong with that. Every one does it. If your wife asks you " do I look fat in this" are you REALLY gonna tell her if she does? If your baby girl asks you " do you like my drawing?" are you REALLY gonna tell her if you don't? There are just some things you can't tell the truth about because it is more painfu ( sometimes for YOU ) than being 100% honest. I really doubt ANYONE is 100% honest 100% ofl the time. There are a few dogs that I don't much care for the looks of but every dog is beautiful in it's own way. I can always find SOMETHING cute about it, even if it is one freckle, i'ts personality......I will find something. I say pitty on message boards but never in public, I call them pit bulls to their faces but never in public, hell I SING to them but never in public. Nothing wrong with it.

I completely understand Debbie, but what I'm trying to state is that it's not a matter of white lies. When people come across a post of pictures of a dog that is, for argument's sake, UGLY, alot of the times I've noticed that they still say, "Oh how cute", or whatever they may say. now that's not just a white lie, because they went, for lack of a better term, "Out of their way to lie about it".

Just like everyone keeps saying that if I don't like a dog don't say anything, it should be the same, if the dog isn't that good looking, don't coddle the owner by replying and saying yes.

Everyone is getting their panties all in a bunch because of my comments, but the thing is that I've not singled out any one particular person. Actually, I don't think I even singled out this particular forum, I might be wrong, correct me if I am.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Violet » May 24th, 2006, 7:11 pm

How do you know that the people posting do NOT think the picture is cute? :|
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Purple » May 24th, 2006, 7:13 pm

Aww, c'mon, Ant, my Dal is your ideal target.....he's ugly, obnoxious, and he looks petrified in my pics.....Bahahahahah!!!!! :D
Purple
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » May 24th, 2006, 7:17 pm

Violet wrote:How do you know that the people posting do NOT think the picture is cute? :|

Because I've talked with about 15 people regarding this, and they all admitted it.

It's a small sampling, but I don't know many people, so I would assume that inflation of the statistics would still prove similar.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 24th, 2006, 7:22 pm

. A
ctually, I don't think I even singled out this particular forum, I might be wrong, correct me if I am.

I haven;t seen where you have said THIS forum, you did say members but not of what board, unless I missed it. :|

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Big_Ant » May 24th, 2006, 7:26 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:. A
ctually, I don't think I even singled out this particular forum, I might be wrong, correct me if I am.

I haven;t seen where you have said THIS forum, you did say members but not of what board, unless I missed it. :|

That's why you are my mexican cooking buddy, cause you know this understand me {{ single tear rolls down Anthony's cheek }}

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 24th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Big_Ant wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:. A

That's why you are my mexican cooking buddy, cause you know this understand me {{ single tear rolls down Anthony's cheek }}

- Anthony

And i also know some of the other boards you visit and the ugly dogs are over there!! :D

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » May 24th, 2006, 8:29 pm

ok, 3 pages added from this morning, I got 1/2 way through page 4 and did not have enough time to read it all.

I'd say the same thing. There are some ugly kids as well, but so few people willing to be honest with themselves and with others.

Seriously. Sit back and think how censored this world, and we as people have become. There is no such thing as freedom of speech because people are afraid to express that freedom. I'm far from a political person, so don't take that as political, but people in this world need to grow some ba**s, and stop holding their tongue!

THERE IS NO BEAUTIFUL RAINBOW AT THE END OF EVERYTHING!!

IT'S OK TO TELL SOMEONE THAT THEIR KID IS UGLY! If they ask the opinion, they should be willing to accept the answer.

DOGS ARE NOT FUR KIDS! GET OVER IT!

PIT BULLS ARE NOT Pitties, Pitters, and all of that other sissified (yes I made it up) names that people get to try and humanize and create a child-like relationship with a dog.

- Anthony

I know the world is censored. I'm all for being honest when I can.

How would you feel if someone said your kid was ugly? You posted pics, did you want honest opinions from everyone?

I'm the first to admit there is not beautiful rainbow. I live in 150 sq. ft. of space with my 80 lb dog, I drive a "free" car I got from my friend, I make barely above minimum wage and I live paycheque to paycheque. (not that I have it nearly as bad as millions of other people in this world) I am well aware of the reality of things.

Because to many people on this board - myself included - their dogs are like furry children to them.

I said like, I didn't say were. I don't treat my dog as a child, he is a dog, and I treat him as one; but he also gets lots that other dogs don't, and is valued a lot more then some people (not anyone here) value their dogs. Since I don't have children and won't for a while, he fills some of the same general space as they might. My intention in writing that was not to start an argument about phrasing and treatment of animals, it was to point out how sensitive this subject might be to some people.

I never said I used nicknames? I don't try and create a child like relationship with my dog. You are assuming both.

I don't expect a reply, nor will I read one (this thread is too much!).
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Vanessa » May 24th, 2006, 8:59 pm

This is getting to be a pretty heated discussion. Oh and by the way Jen you can speak for me :wink: I really liked your posts in here. I still fail to see how calling a dog a pittie as opposed to a pitbull is demeaning to his breed. Do you think he even knows what a breed is? As long as you love him and take good care of him he won't care if you call him a dinosaur. Is calling a American Staffordshire Terrier a "staffie" demeaning to them? I know breeders that say that they breed "staffies". As to the vauge allusion that we are somehow mistreating our dogs because they look unhappy in the picture or mopey... well i won't even go there because i'm not really sure what you meant by it and i don't really think you are either but if your intention was to stir up trouble then you have acheived your goal.
And so what if a dog is "ugly". So are lots of people. Do you think those people should not be allowed to post pictures of themselves anywhere? I just don't understand your reason to start this thread.
I didn't post pictures of my dog so people could "oohh" and "awww" over him. He is what he is... a mixed breed that i think is pretty darn cute. I posted pictures because i got to look at everyone else's dogs and i thought people might like to see mine...
Maybe i was wrong but i thought this message board was about pitbull owners supporting and educating other pitbull owners not a contest to see who had the best looking dog... (In Ant's Opinion)
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 24th, 2006, 10:05 pm

I don't think I've ever noticed a thread where the OP says "isn't my dog cute?" And if so, they were probably right! I don't know, I think my pup is the most gorgeous girl in the world - do I want you all to agree? Of course. Am I going to shed one single tear if somebody thinks she's the homeliest dog ever? Not a freakin' chance. Only opinion that matters is mine. I think most people here post pics because we're proud of our dogs and this is our way of showing it. So, IS SHE CUTE, OR WHAT????? :wink:

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » May 24th, 2006, 10:10 pm

My mom had one too many glasses of wine at Demo's graduation dinner and told me how ugly Ruby was. I thought my dad was going to strangle her. I can't begin to tell you how insulted I was.

She's not going to win any beauty pagents, but then again, neither am I.

Riggs, on the other hand, has won a few beauty pagents. lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 10:20 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I don't think I've ever noticed a thread where the OP says "isn't my dog cute?" And if so, they were probably right! I don't know, I think my pup is the most gorgeous girl in the world - do I want you all to agree? Of course. Am I going to shed one single tear if somebody thinks she's the homeliest dog ever? Not a freakin' chance. Only opinion that matters is mine. I think most people here post pics because we're proud of our dogs and this is our way of showing it. So, IS SHE CUTE, OR WHAT????? :wink:

damn . . . she IS cute!!!!!!!!! :wink:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Vanessa » May 24th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Really cute.. I love her belly :heartbeat:
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk